Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Move Creation Workshop

(04-10-2017, 12:47 PM)homin-Ratione Wrote: First Age Furtumin Armor, Tier 1 Power-Up (1000 OM)

Ratione summons his Furtumin armor back to him, increasing his defensive ability and potential damage output while also slightly boosting speed. He also regains his jump pack, allowing him to make use of Advanced Super Jumping and Super Speed.

ATK: +2
DEF: +2
SPD: +1
TEC: N/A

Ratione's armor will only last as long as it has power, and since there is currently no known way for him to recharge his raw-energy battery he can only use his power armor until it drains completely or he discards it. The armor is always summoned with a fresh charge, however.

The battery life depends on usage. Light usage (walking around, little manual labor) and it can last upwards of two days and a few extra hours. Medium usage (running, bit of fighting, heavier manual labor, using the jump pack once or twice) and it lasts a whole day. Heavy usage (sprinting, using the jump pack repeatedly, intense fighting, hard and fast labor) and the batter life is only around ten hours.

Looks like a solid power up, nice touch with explaining how it works. Don't think you will have any problems getting this approved.

Eat - Tier 3 Utility Super Move (1000) Debuff Proficiency, Stomach of Holding, Malleability
Guu swallows an opponent whole and holds them in her stomach, removing them from battle for 30 seconds. Any single target 5 feet from her can be swallowed, stretching her mouth around the victim. During which time she can fight other opponents, take a breather to regain some energy, or attempt to patch herself up. After the time is up, she’s forced to vomit up her victim. The target isn't damaged at all, nor do they gain or lose energy. No matter what, Guu vomits her opponent at the end of the post in which she initiated the move. The opponent will be prone when they are puked up and their memories of the contents of her stomach will be hazy. Whether or not the opponent sustains mental scars is up to the player controlling them.

I didn’t see much point in detailing countering since Utility moves can be done at anytime, so not sure if you can even counter them.

This next one I’m missing a power and prof for, but I plan to get them eventually.

Setting the Stage (300) Ranged Proficiency, Ranged Materialized Proficiency, Debuff Proficiency, Telepathy, Telekinesis; Advanced
Guu spews pink mist from her mouth which spreads over a 60m circle around her over the course of 3 seconds. She must be motionless while this happens, being attacked won’t cancel the effect even if she takes damage, but it will eat up a bit of her energy to maintain it through an ongoing assault. The mist will disguise the area as an arena of Guu’s twisted imagination, causing confusion for her foes and allies. The confusion generally only lasts a turn, afterwards, the effects of the mists is just for aesthetics. All hazards in the area (pitfalls, objects, etc.) must be represented on the field in some form that signifies their threat, the mist cannot be used to obscure said hazards. PCs with moves that summon gusts of wind strong enough to blow away clouds can eliminate this effect. Any PCs with a TEC higher than Guu can see through it. It’s also possible to run out of the cloud to escape the effect assuming they don’t get disoriented. The mist will dissipate after a battle has concluded. This mists can only be used once per battle.
[Image: MUsY55C.jpg]
[Image: sN7AejK.jpg]

(04-13-2017, 12:03 PM)Guu Wrote: Eat - Tier 3 Utility Super Move (1000) Debuff Proficiency, Stomach of Holding, Malleability
Guu swallows an opponent whole and holds them in her stomach, removing them from battle for 30 seconds. Any single target 5 feet from her can be swallowed, stretching her mouth around the victim. During which time she can fight other opponents, take a breather to regain some energy, or attempt to patch herself up. After the time is up, she’s forced to vomit up her victim. The target isn't damaged at all, nor do they gain or lose energy. No matter what, Guu vomits her opponent at the end of the post in which she initiated the move. The opponent will be prone when they are puked up and their memories of the contents of her stomach will be hazy. Whether or not the opponent sustains mental scars is up to the player controlling them.

I didn’t see much point in detailing countering since Utility moves can be done at anytime, so not sure if you can
even counter them.
Thinking about balancing this, perhaps it could work as a Super Attack for the purposes of being blocked. So a Super Defense like a dodge teleport or shield could still interrupt it, as long as it was the same tier as this Utility move. They have to be able to defend entirely to block it.

I'd also probably allow this at Tier 1 with the caveat that it only works against people in a lower transformation tier to your current one in the fight, and a Tier 2 with the caveat that it can't be used against people in a higher transformation tier. Tier 3 would negate all that, but all 3 tiers could still be blocked by a Super Defense of the corresponding tier.

Also, it wouldn't work against major storyline NPCs and bosses unless the person running the storyline said it was okay.

Quote:This next one I’m missing a power and prof for, but I plan to get them eventually.

Setting the Stage (300) Ranged Proficiency, Ranged Materialized Proficiency, Debuff Proficiency, Telepathy, Telekinesis; Advanced
Guu spews pink mist from her mouth which spreads over a 60m circle around her over the course of 3 seconds. She must be motionless while this happens, being attacked won’t cancel the effect even if she takes damage, but it will eat up a bit of her energy to maintain it through an ongoing assault. The mist will disguise the area as an arena of Guu’s twisted imagination, causing confusion for her foes and allies. The confusion generally only lasts a turn, afterwards, the effects of the mists is just for aesthetics. All hazards in the area (pitfalls, objects, etc.) must be represented on the field in some form that signifies their threat, the mist cannot be used to obscure said hazards. PCs with moves that summon gusts of wind strong enough to blow away clouds can eliminate this effect. Any PCs with a TEC higher than Guu can see through it. It’s also possible to run out of the cloud to escape the effect assuming they don’t get disoriented. The mist will dissipate after a battle has concluded. This mists can only be used once per battle.
By lasting a turn, do you mean a round or a post? Also do what degree can she change the landscape, basically completely (except for representing hazards)? Like changing a plain, say, into a skate park filled with dancing koalas, to actually transform the battlefield completely?
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

Yo! I accidentally made a healing move that I wasn't really happy with recently, so I decided to refresh my memory on the rules regarding healing moves and give it another go. Since I'm not feeling super confident right now, I decided to post it here instead and look for feedback.

"Healing" (300 OM; Healing Power, Homing Proficiency)
By incanting the word aloud, Arle envelops a target in a warm holy aura that soothes their pains and heals their wounds. The function of this spell is to allow Arle to bestow her healing power at a range and it obeys the mechanics of the healing power when determining effectiveness. The spell has a large range of about 20 meters and materializes directly on the target after the incantation has finished. Casting and launching the spell takes a good second of charge up assuming ideal conditions. and cannot be used at all if Arle cannot speak. Note that the distinction is her being able to speak; she does not need to be heard for the spell to work. She could, for example, theoretically cast this spell while underwater or in space--but not while choking.
[Image: XtThU84.jpg]
Quote:
PvP FLAG: RED
Please message me before you attack my character or assault my base! Thanks!

(04-18-2017, 04:01 PM)Arle Nadja Wrote: Yo! I accidentally made a healing move that I wasn't really happy with recently, so I decided to refresh my memory on the rules regarding healing moves and give it another go. Since I'm not feeling super confident right now, I decided to post it here instead and look for feedback.

"Healing" (300 OM; Healing Power, Homing Proficiency)
By incanting the word aloud, Arle envelops a target in a warm holy aura that soothes their pains and heals their wounds. The function of this spell is to allow Arle to bestow her healing power at a range and it obeys the mechanics of the healing power when determining effectiveness. The spell has a large range of about 20 meters and materializes directly on the target after the incantation has finished. Casting and launching the spell takes a good second of charge up assuming ideal conditions. and cannot be used at all if Arle cannot speak. Note that the distinction is her being able to speak; she does not need to be heard for the spell to work. She could, for example, theoretically cast this spell while underwater or in space--but not while choking.

You should perhaps note that it takes a great amount of effort (aka one SP) to use "Healing", otherwise everything looks great from my perspective!
 [Image: Rnk00x5.gif] 
Amaterasu Doge Credit & Hugs to Ruby for the sign, and to Guu for the smileys! Amaterasu Doge

Hide your chicken nuggers, hide your heads, the Sundoge is coming and she'll hat everyone!
Quote:
This signature is so overloaded...

Thank you! If I specify that it uses SP, would it remove the lesser healing described in the rules that allows it to heal wounds more slowly without using SP? The reason I ask is that I want Arle to be using her healing spell for most healing related things, just to be faithful to her home series.
[Image: XtThU84.jpg]
Quote:

I'm suggesting this because a healing move sounds like it's meant to be used mid-combat, where a slow-healing spell would have little use - as in, one minute or more to heal a scratch. If you're okay with that, you can submit it to the move approval as it currently is, of course. If you want to tack on the SP spending, I would do so explicitely (the list of points healed per SP can be found here: http://omniverse-rpg.com/proficienciesan...val_Powers )
Amaterasu Doge Credit & Hugs to Ruby for the sign, and to Guu for the smileys! Amaterasu Doge

Hide your chicken nuggers, hide your heads, the Sundoge is coming and she'll hat everyone!
Quote:

Anyone got suggestions as to how to write up a car as a move?

Wild Car (???) 

The Wild Car is a vehicle that was in existence back home in Warren's original world.  This car is gray, with black and purple trim. On the side of it to the right, there is a W engraved in bright purple. The Wild Car is armed with missile launchers, and can also tap into all of Warren's energy based moves. Furthermore it has a set of mini machine guns built into it. 

Not sure what else to put for this move. Any suggestions? 

300 OM, Physical Proficiency, Ranged Proficiency-

Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50 AE
Magazine Size: 7 per round
Effective Range: 200 meters
Rate of Fire: 20 - 30 rpm or 1 shot per second

This gun is a gas gun that is self-loading. Blair requires both hands on the gun to use it. As the gun is being used, it takes a few seconds to load it and then shoot it. This gun has Great fire accuracy and long range of effective fire. The drawback to the gun is that has high recoil and not good in night time.

300 OM Physical Proficiency, Ranged Proficiency - -LAR Grizzly Mark 1 .45 Win Mag.-

LAR Grizzly Mark 1

The most powerful gun ever created, but it has a high recoil. Its speed is useable but the recoil can be dangerous at times and creates a large “BOOM!” in Blair's hand.

Desert Eagle: How damaging is this, roughly?

Grizzly: Can this be used with other moves or does the recoil make that impossible? How long does this take to reload?

For both: How fast does each variety of projectile move? How many clips of ammo does she keep on her for each at one time, and can more be summoned in combat? If so, please state how long the process of summoning more takes.

(Trying to get these guns right, but doing research on some of these guns aren't helping me any on these two. Any ideas how to improve the wording on these guns?
[Image: marcus%20wright%20sig.png]

[Image: ytLTikp.png?1]

This gun is a gas gun that is self-loading. Blair requires both hands on the gun to use it. As the gun is being used, it takes a few seconds to load it and then shoot it. This gun has Great fire accuracy and long range of effective fire. The drawback to the gun is that has high recoil and not good in night time. This has seven shots in each magazine, and only one magazine can be used per round. It fires at speeds of 30 RPM, and has an effective range of 200 Meters. this takes about ten seconds to materialize. 

What do you think of that, Marcus? 

(04-19-2017, 08:14 PM)Warren Zimmer Wrote:
Wild Car (???) 

The Wild Car is a vehicle that was in existence back home in Warren's original world.  This car is gray, with black and purple trim. On the side of it to the right, there is a W engraved in bright purple. The Wild Car is armed with missile launchers, and can also tap into all of Warren's energy based moves. Furthermore it has a set of mini machine guns built into it. 

Not sure what else to put for this move. Any suggestions? 

You're going to need to describe the car itself a bit better - its dimensions and such, and how you plan to use it. Will it be a Power-up (for instance, giving Warren additional defense?), an Assist, a move? The way it is sounds like you want to make it an Assist, in which case all the moves that you don't have but you want the car to have will also need approval.

(04-19-2017, 08:34 PM)Marcus Wright Wrote: 300 OM, Physical Proficiency, Ranged Proficiency-

This gun is a gas gun that is self-loading. Blair requires both hands on the gun to use it. As the gun is being used, it takes a few seconds to load it and then shoot it.  This gun has Great fire accuracy and long range of effective fire. The drawback to the gun is that has high recoil and not good in night time.

300 OM Physical Proficiency, Ranged Proficiency - -LAR Grizzly Mark 1 .45 Win Mag.-

LAR Grizzly Mark 1

The most powerful gun ever created, but it has a high recoil. Its speed is useable but the recoil can be dangerous at times and creates a large “BOOM!” in Blair's hand.

Desert Eagle: How damaging is this, roughly?

Grizzly: Can this be used with other moves or does the recoil make that impossible? How long does this take to reload?

For both: How fast does each variety of projectile move? How many clips of ammo does she keep on her for each at one time, and can more be summoned in combat? If so, please state how long the process of summoning more takes.

(Trying to get these guns right, but doing research on some of these guns aren't helping me any on these two. Any ideas how to improve the wording on these guns?

Magazine size is 7 per round? Frog 7 shots per magazine, you mean? Also, how long does it take to reload? Well, Warren noted this rather well. Otherwise, remember to give numbers or some other accurate form of measurements or one that everyone can understand rather than "great range" or "high recoil". Similarly, the "night time" thing is fluff, you can just leave it out if you like.

Other than that, the questions mentioned at the bottom pretty much cover it, I would say... I don't know much about guns so I can't give you realistic numbers.

Quote:

Trying to make the car a move, but it will also give him the basis for other moves that he can do while using it.

(04-20-2017, 02:44 PM)Warren Zimmer Wrote: Trying to make the car a move, but it will also give him the basis for other moves that he can do while using it.

How about creating a "big" move with a number of sub-moves then, which you can later add by upgrading the original move? As in so:

Car (Requirements - Price)

Warren summons his car [add link to a picture], which has XYZ dimensions and takes X seconds to summon. It has a variety of armaments that Warren can deploy, but only one at a time. He can switch between two armaments at any time, taking Y seconds to do so. If the car is destroyed, Warren must resummon it.

-Armament 1
-Armament 2
-etc.

Quote:

Alright! Super that does damage over time rather than instant, lets see if it can be done. Experimental Tier 2.

T2 Super Attack: Hailstorm (Area Attack, Ranged, Ranged Materialize) (800): Somerled begins to bend the weather to his whim, rapidly forcing all the conditions necessary for a hailstorm to manifest. Dark clouds swiftly gather overhead during the duration of the channeling, which lasts 30 seconds, and as a passive application of his power as spirit of storms, Somerled is able to move about and even strike freely, though he is unable to use other weather magics.  During this time, those who are particularly in tune with the weather can feel the air stir and give off the telltale signs of a coming storm. The newly formed clouds then unleash a torrent of wind, rain, and hailstones, which average around the size of a golfball, and bombard everyone who happens to be within 100 meters of Somerled. Mysteriously enough, Somerled himself is resistant to the hail strikes, with the stones falling through him rather than hitting him. Rather than a quick burst of pain, these hailstones deal a constant, small  amount of damage throughout a long period of time, accumulating injuries on those caught in the storm over the course of three minutes. Once the hail has passed, the storm ceases to be a hailstorm and lives on as a simple rainstorm, lasting for as long as rainstorms do and no longer having an effect on the battle. Like all of Somerled’s storm spells, this can’t be used if his view of the sky is blocked, such as in a building or cave.
[Image: ZpWQiiu.gif]

Energy Katana (300, Physical Strength.):

The Energy Katana is a weapon that Warren didn't have back home, but that he created for himself. Based off of his original designs for the Chaotic Energy Katana, the Energy Katana is a weapon that rivals the Lightsaber in terms of effectiveness and power. The blade is the standard length of a katana, but is made out of purple plasma. The hilt of the sword is gray and black. This katana is one that can be kept belted at his hip should Warren actually need the weapon for himself.

Plasma Pistol (300, Ranged Proficiency):
The Plasma Pistol is a weapon based off of Imperial Blaster designs but has been modified heavily by Warren. The blaster is silver and black, with purple 'bullets' that it fires out of it. This has a range of fifty-five feet from it. It has ten clips that can be loaded inside of it to refill it. Typically it has nine shots that can be fired before it has to be reloaded. Clips take about 3 seconds for him to generate.

Saber Art - Dual Slash (300, Physical Strength):

Equipping both the Sword of Conquest and the Energy Katana into his hands, Warren will perform a double slash on his opponent. This ois one of the techniques that has been created by Warren for his own personal use.

Need some advice on the Saber Art, and if anyone has suggestions about the others let me know.

(04-23-2017, 10:23 PM)Warren Zimmer Wrote: Energy Katana (300, Physical Strength.):

The Energy Katana is a weapon that Warren didn't have back home, but that he created for himself. Based off of his original designs for the Chaotic Energy Katana, the Energy Katana is a weapon that rivals the Lightsaber in terms of effectiveness and power. The blade is the standard length of a katana, but is made out of purple plasma. The hilt of the sword is gray and black. This katana is one that can be kept belted at his hip should Warren actually need the weapon for himself.

Plasma Pistol (300, Ranged Proficiency):
The Plasma Pistol is a weapon based off of Imperial Blaster designs but has been modified heavily by Warren. The blaster is silver and black, with purple 'bullets' that it fires out of it. This has a range of fifty-five feet from it. It has ten clips that can be loaded inside of it to refill it. Typically it has nine shots that can be fired before it has to be reloaded. Clips take about 3 seconds for him to generate.

Saber Art - Dual Slash (300, Physical Strength):

Equipping both the Sword of Conquest and the Energy Katana into his hands, Warren will perform a double slash on his opponent. This ois one of the techniques that has been created by Warren for his own personal use.

Need some advice on the Saber Art, and if anyone has suggestions about the others let me know.

Energy Katana - You'll need to be specific with numbers here. The size of the katana, if it's difficult/easy to wield and such. Also, I imagine that if it's made out of plasma, it would inflict different injuries than a regular sword? And can it be used with other moves?

And Saber Art sounds like you don't need it as a move. If your Sword of Conquest and Energy Katana can both be used with other moves, then you would be able to perform basic techniques like this without paying extra for it.

Quote:

Energy Katana (300, Physical Strength.):

The Energy Katana is a weapon that Warren didn't have back home, but that he created for himself. Based off of the designs of his original plans for the Chaotic Energy Katana that he had once tried to make in the past This has a blade that is three feet long and is made out of purple energy in the shape of a katana. This can be used like a regular sword, and typically is one in terms of what it can do damage wise, due to the physics of the Omniverse. This is normally hidden in a pocket in the shoulder of his armor and can be withdrawn and activated in roughly 2 seconds. Each slash of the blade does a fair amount of damage. This can be used with other moves, so long as they are non-sword based moves or only require one of his hands to utilize properly. 

Multi-Weapon Construct Apparatus MK I: (2400, Physical Strength,  Ranged Proficiency.) 
The Multi-Weapon Construct Apparatus MK I is based loosely off of Dataverse designs of the Sinestro Corps Ring. While it does manipulate hard-light energy it doesn't do so channeling the power of the Emotional Spectrum. The constructs it makes are limited to hand held things, and currently, only a few defaults have been installed as capabilities of the device. This also has his communicator and mobile dataverse device integrated into it. Unlike his devices, this is one that Warren has built for himself. 

The first construct is an elegant purple and black Calvary sword that has golden trim. This sword can be used for melee combat and is a simple construct with no special properties, and is an ordinary sword. This takes two seconds to summon. 

The second construct granted by the Multi-Weapon Construct Apparatus is a set of hooked swords. These can be used defensively to parry attacks that are directed by crossing them together. They can also be used to travel along ziplines, but their primary use is to cut an enemy down to size. Despite being constructs they are ordinary blades with no special properties. This takes five seconds to summon both. 

The third form of the Multi-Weapon Construct Apparatus's construct is an assault rifle with 30 shots, and that can be refilled every seven seconds. This has a range of 45 meters. It's shots appear to be shaped like tennis balls of energy. It does a pitiful amount of damage when it comes into contact with an enemy. It is fairly accurate, takes ten seconds to summon. 

The fourth of the constructs is a circular shield, but with wicked blades on the edges of the shield. This can be used offensively by being hurled at an enemy to cut them up or by being used as a 'chainsaw' when a button inside it is pushed to cut down multiple enemies with the blades on the shield. This is one that Warren doesn't like to use all that much, as it takes him 9 seconds to summon. 

I need suggestions for the other forms of the device's constructs. Any suggestions?

(04-24-2017, 12:30 PM)Warren Zimmer Wrote: Energy Katana (300, Physical Strength.):

The Energy Katana is a weapon that Warren didn't have back home, but that he created for himself. Based off of the designs of his original plans for the Chaotic Energy Katana that he had once tried to make in the past This has a blade that is three feet long and is made out of purple energy in the shape of a katana. This can be used like a regular sword, and typically is one in terms of what it can do damage wise, due to the physics of the Omniverse. This is normally hidden in a pocket in the shoulder of his armor and can be withdrawn and activated in roughly 2 seconds. Each slash of the blade does a fair amount of damage. This can be used with other moves, so long as they are non-sword based moves or only require one of his hands to utilize properly. 

Multi-Weapon Construct Apparatus MK I: 
The Multi-Weapon Construct Apparatus MK I is based loosely off of Dataverse designs of the Sinestro Corps Ring. While it does manipulate hard-light energy it doesn't do so channeling the power of the Emotional Spectrum. The constructs it makes are limited to hand held things, and currently, only a few defaults have been installed as capabilities of the device. This has a Calvary sword that can be created, a spear that can be made as well as an ax. 

(Not sure on the details of Multi Weapon Construct Apparatus, I know it is supposed to be a swiss-army weapon for him.) 

You should mention how long it takes to summon this, and for each extra function within the apparatus whould be another 300OM if it b can be used in combat.
"I've been neglected, harassed, beaten, and diminished all my life. What motivates me to continue? The glory of proving people wrong. Being worth more than the numbing existence offered me. To be a hero." - Amber

Amber, I've made some changes. What do you think of it?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)