Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A story of a Crimsonheart

Revan had once more returned to the peaceful tranquility that seemed to make up the civilised lands of this nostalgia inducing verse. The grass was green and the red maple trees blossomed bright in the soft sun.
Massive spires were raised high into the sky, their tips coloured a bright red that matched the surrounding foliage. Revan had been travelling with a caravan of levies that had been raised from this county. The soldiers here were clad in red instead of the blue that had adorned the soldiers assisting the reclaiming of Midred. 
Crossing a stone bridge he approached a large gate guarded by spearmen who quickly stepped aside as the wooden defences opened wide revealingly the hustling busy activity inside. 

Soldiers stood guard at key points around the courtyard, others raced around in noble clothing dodging and weaving between marching troops. The soldiers Revan followed moved through the courtyard past armoured knights to the far back.

“Follow us.” said a Sergeant leading Revan forward toward more ornate painted glass doors.

Inside an empty throne at the far back of a hall awaited their arrival with the Sergeant and his men pushing past him to hurriedly make their way towards the chair. Revan walked in slowly, his cape swaying steadily behind him as he made his way behind the levies to their intended destination coming to a stop a few metres from the throne.

A man came out dressed in black silk and looked over the group before his eyes landed on Revan, he held his gaze causing Revan to feel a bit uncomfortable before the man broke the gaze and opened his mouth. “Lady Oviah Crimsonheart comes to speak with you.”

Revan waited a few extra patient moments before finally Oviah stepped out from the side entrance, a youthful child with a white flowing dress that brushed along the hard wooden floor made her way toward her red and black throne. The girl did her best to adjust herself in the overly large chair, her eyes were red and one could easily tell she had been in tears a moment earlier.

“Who are you?” she asked Revan immediately.

“I am Revan Noctis, I’m a Prime that fought with your forces at Midred.” Revan had a sinking feeling as he remembered the name Crimsonheart.

“I am told my father perished facing a large dragon, a dragon which I am also told you were the one to slay.” the girl spoke calmly and Revan had to admit the girl was quite skilled at keeping her composure.

“Your father saved my life, and the lives of many good people, I at the time must confess that I did not know what a dragon even was.”

“Why have you come here?” she asked next demanding an answer.

“The kingdom military forces were needed to make repairs, I was leaving anyway and chose to volunteer to deliver condolences.”

“Tell me what will you do now?” she inquired treating him as if he were suspicious.

“Well I’m not so sure, I had hoped to stay here awhile.” Revan answered truthfully not really knowing what his path was from here.

“Leave.” she said to the Sergeant.

With a bow the Sergeant and his men began walking back down the hall toward the exit. The lady Oviah looked at Revan with a hint of what he hoped was simple curiosity.

“Revan, I wish for you to become my personal bodyguard” she said calmly waiting and watching for a reaction.

Revan for a moment froze, he had memories of his time spent protecting the King that he once served, defending from the many threats that a feudal world offered. Since coming here he had thought the days of being bound to nobles were over but here was this girl asking him to once more take up his sword in her name.

“I’m unsure how to respond.” Revan said considering the offer.

“You misunderstand, I am commanding you to become my new bodyguard!”

“I’m sorry?” Revan asked noticing the girl raise her voice.

“To make up for my fathers passing you will serve me until I feel I have no further need of you.” the girl got up from her throne and stepped toward him.

“Or you can rot in the dungeon for the rest of your existence.”

This girl was truly threatening him, he had felt sorry for her a moment ago but that pity had been replaced with a feeling of a burning anger. He could have drawn his sword right there but looking back into her eyes he did not see one that would follow through on her threat. He bowed his head accepting this temporary fate.

“I will offer my services to you in repentance for your fathers untimely passing.” Revan figured the kingdom had to be fairly safe after all.

An old woman in a grey dress hunched forward gripping tightly a bright lamp as she climbed the winding stairs of one of the towers. Revan continued following her down one of the corridors that lead to a large wooden door.

“This will be your room, it hasn’t been cleaned in a long time but you should find it has everything you could possibly want for a man in a position such as yourself.” the old woman said turning around and slowly making her way back.

Revan grasped once more a large brass key and entered it into the keyhole giving it a turn. The door created open as a cloud of dust blew over him causing him to hackle a few times as he entered. Inside was a basic dark wooden room with a small table and a bed and a chest and drawers off to the side. The blanket and pillows were a deep crimson with black markings that made him wonder if they meant something.

Shutting the door he made his way toward the bed and turned around and sat himself upon it. The bed wasn’t the most comfortable but it was better than a roll in a tent or a cell for that matter. This was where he was going to be sleeping for as long as he was in servitude to this girl named Oviah who as he understood would soon be claiming her fathers title, just as soon as the necessary officials made their way to the county.

He wondered just what threats Maple Falls would even have and how hard his work would be. He began to prepare for sleep in the strange bed that was now adopted as his own, laying down his eyes began to collapse overencumbered with the weight of the journey he had undertaken to get here. A few mere moments longer he drifted off into the black.

Revan had very early in the morning awoken and though he still felt a bit tired exited his room and went on a trek to explore the castle. His stroll came to a quick end however as the old woman from the night before found him and motioned him over.

“The Lady wishes you to join her for a private meal.” she said slowly before turning and leading Revan to where the meal was taking place.

Revan followed examining the paintings on the walls that showed the history of this county, it seemed the noble family had it requisitioned soon after their arrival. Pictures of demons told him they had suffered great challenges in the past. Arriving at a small wooden door Revan followed the old woman inside, seated alone at the table was Oviah herself, she did not turn to greet him but stared down at the table cloth which was quite pretty and had a picturesque maple tree printed upon it.

The old woman turned and left as Revan slid out a wooden chair from the opposite side of the table. Her dark blonde hair flowed down to her shoulders and she wore a more standard red dress. There was only silence for awhile as they awaited their meals. A cook and an assistant came out with a trolley of various pastries and parked it next to the table handing a couple of the finest pies to Oviah before moving it closer to Revan for him to make his choice. He grabbed a couple pies himself, one that looked like apple and another he hoped was meat.

The two servants wheeled the trolley out leaving the two alone once more. “Pies are good.”

“Yes, they sure are.” Revan replied to the comment.

“Thank you for agreeing.” she said cutting up her apple pie further and pouring some sort of sauce over it.

“You’re welcome, I think.” Revan replied wondering why the one that had threatened him was now thanking him as if it had been entirely voluntary.

“I’m sure you’re confused, I want you to know the girl that you met yesterday wasn’t the real me.” she looked up at him as if she showed true regret in what she had done.

“It’s necessary that I avoid seeming weak or else those that would usurp my position grow in strength.”

“Times must be tough.” Revan replied understanding a bit of the politics and drama involved.

“It was my hope you would accept my offer based on what occurred but even so this county faces great turmoil and without my father’s influence my life is now in peril.” her eyes had now become pleading.

“I am willing to help you but threatening me with the dungeon was wrong.” Revan proclaimed as he began using cutlery to cut open the apple pie.

“Which is why I asked you here, to apologise and let you know that I want your wisdom as well as your skills as a warrior.”

“You mean you need me to help you with your political and moral decisions?” Revan asked feeling like more pressure was being put on him than agreed.

“This county is peaceful but there are many that would rather see that peace crumble for a greater chance at personal wealth and power.”

“You believe me able to handle all of this?” Revan asked wondering where he’d even begin.

“No, just protect me until I have the respect and authority of the troops and the stability my father once spoke of is restored.”

“I agree to these terms, but what exactly will you do today?” Revan asked figuring out that her duties were going to be his as well.

She waited as Revan took some large bites from his pie and quickly swallowed them, admittedly they were great.
Brushing an empty plate aside she looked at Revan for a few moments studying his weird clothing style.

“Why do you wear a hood?” she asked curiously.

“I’m quite efficient with a bow, it keeps me from being effected by environmental conditions and it is just what I prefer.” Revan had never been asked such a question before but then he rarely spoke to children.

“You seem very outfitted for being out in the wilds.” Oviah commented having looked Revan over much better now.

“I’m a ranger it’s what we do.” Revan replied adjusting his collar awkwardly.

“But there’s more to you than that, you must have had a former life?” she asked clearly wanting more answers.

“I served royalty once as a soldier, it wasn’t happy but I’ll confess there were no demons or hordes of undead to worry about.” Revan said slightly annoyed at having to be honest.

“I’m sorry, I just wanted to know, sounds like things were the best for you in your old world either.”

“We have to talk to representatives of different interests today as well as those that would represent the different races that make up our county, some of them will possibly be conspiring but I’m told by my advisors I should proceed slowly.” Oviah seemed to be in a world of political strife.

“If you have advisors why do you need my assistance.” Revan asked not understanding her reasons.

“Because I want someone with outside experience, somebody that would fight alongside my father voluntarily sounds like a good place to start.”

“Then I will offer you only my best when I am serving in your name” Revan replied believing he finally understood. 

“Thank you Revan, that truly means more to me than you know.” she said drinking down a glass of water.

“Tell me a bit about your advisors.” Revan said desiring more information.

“Well I know that they hide things from me, I know the people don’t believe in me as they did my father.”

“Do you have no other family?” Revan asked wondering why only her and her father had been mentioned.

“No, my mother died when I was little and my father raised me alone, the rest of my family died in the war with the demons.”

“My apologies.” Revan said understanding the hardships the girl must have gone through.

“I suppose you’re on a tight schedule?” Revan said feeling sort of excited.

“We have many visitors coming to meet with us today, finish your food and we’ll have time to go over some of them ahead of time.” Oviah said with a small grin.

The majestic throne room was overwrought with bustling activity from the many guards and nobles that filled the hall after preparations had been made for the other races to make their grand introductions. As had been explained to him prior this was a way for a new ruler to gather allies and influence from the non human population, Revan couldn’t help however to notice that only humans filled the ranks of both the military and the nobility. The young Lady Oviah had seated her small frame upon her ornate throne. Her long red and black dress touching the floor. Her blonde hair tied in a pony tail behind her head resting on her exposed neck. Her green eyes watched anxiously as her first meeting with the representatives began.

Revan remained at her side, his job was to make sure none of the representatives attempted any violence towards the child who was still extremely vulnerable having had just lost her father. The man had valiantly marched with his men to defend a city under siege by a white dragon that controlled many dark and corrupting energies.

The first to enter the brightly lit hall was a representative of the Dwarves. This was the first time Revan had layed eyes upon one but they were as had been described short and bearded. This dwarf entered with only one other at his side, another dwarf who was dressed in a grey robe and held a staff that extended just above his head with a red tip. The Dwarf to step forward was clad in blue chain mail and he stroked his brown beard perhaps a sign of being as nervous with this meeting as Oviah herself was.

“Lord Emlyn Whiteaxe of the Dwarves thank you for coming.” Oviah said calmly.

“Lady Oviah, my condolences for the loss of your father.” the Dwarf noble said in a deep gruff voice.

“Thank you Lord Whiteaxe.”

“If you wish our current trade deals will continue as they did with your father, it would be best that after what happened with Midred you expanded your military forces and we are prepared to assist in their arming and supply.”

“Thank you Lord Whiteaxe your offer will be considered.” Oviah replied as the Dwarf noble bowed and left the hall.

The next representative was an even smaller being that wore a green dress and cloak and looked incredibly frail yet strangely far more confident. The Gnome stopped and gave an incredibly short bow which Revan could not deny looked a bit silly considering how close to the ground she already was.

“Lilli Celwyn of the Gnomes, I am pleased you came.” Oviah said with a smile clearly trusting this race.

“Lady Oviah, a pleasure it is to see you again.”

“What happened to your father was a tragedy but Gnome ingenuity and innovation has never been greater, we will offer what we can in your defence.” Lilli and Oviah smiled at one another before the Gnome turned and made an exit as fast as her small legs could carry her.

Everything seemed to be going well so far and relations with these two human like races seemed extraordinary but Revan knew Oviah had told him things would only get more complicated as negotiations continued. Another short creature entered the hall in iron plate armour, the metal boots clanked along the floor before taking his position in front of Oviah.

“Welcome Zux of the Goblins, what brings you here?” Oviah asked clearly a bit unsure how to act with this creature.

“Us Goblins would like to say how sorry we are about the news, we will gladly take up arms to defend Maple Falls if need be.”

“You have my thanks Zux.” Oviah replied giving the Goblin a warm grin.

“We have many more mercenaries available for your use but would require some coin to make this happen.”

“If I have need of them Zux I will send for them.” she said giving the Goblin the signal to leave as well.

As the Goblin was about to leave he froze in place, three far larger green creatures entered. Revan recognised them as Orcs, skilled but usually overaggresive warriors.

“Chieftain Xagok, I wasn’t sure if you were coming.” Oviah said knowing that recent Orc losses had been hard.

Slamming lightly into the Goblin shoving him aside before motioning to his two bodyguards to stay in place blocking the Goblin from exiting without having to ask them to allow him to pass, Xagok made a small casual walk towards Oviah.

“We suffered great losses defending Midred, I do not intend to make such sacrifices in the defence of Maple Falls.” Xagok snarled clearly angry about something more.

“We grow tired of Human laws governing our military size limits, allow us more freedom and only then will you receive our support.”

“The military limits of the Orcs were under the advisement of Minis Tirith, however you have my word they will be reviewed.”

“They had better be, or I will be back.” Xagok moved to exit the hall with the Goblin moving to the side to avoid the larger greenskin before exiting as well.

“Xensag and Wrimag of the Giants...” Oviah said slowly realising what was coming.

“Giants?” Revan asked wondering what this would be like.

The hall shook as two lumbering tall brutes in only loin cloths crouched into hall, only once completely inside did the two giant brothers have room to stand and stomp their way to the front to be heard.

“Giants want more farm land.” Xensag said calmly.

“Giants want safe from Charr.” Wrimag said angrily.

The Charr from what Revan understood had been having some scuffles with the Orcs recently and while seeking food to supply their military had begun robbing the food, Revan supposed they had now resorted to stealing from the Giants as well.

“Revan?” Oviah asked innocently for advice.

“The Charr will have to be dealt with, but a bit of land might satisfy them for now. Revan said believing a matter was clearly on the rise here.

“Ten acres will be given, however thirty percent for three months will be given to our military forces and something will be done about the Charr.” Oviah said hoping she could keep her word.

The two Giants nodded their heads and began to exit together as another wolf like creature entered. Revan went for his sword but to his surprise Oviah raised her hand as a sign of no danger.

“Cretops of the Worgen, thank you for coming.” Oviah said sounding relieved.

“Your welcome Lady Crimsonheart, know that the Worgen packs have already agreed to support you but they do ask something in return.”

“Of course, hunting fields will be supplied in return for your services in defending our lands.”

“My Lady what about the Salamanders?” Revan whispered curious why that particular race had not come.

“They usually don’t perform diplomacy with Kingdom officials, they are far more secretive.” she whispered back.

A sound of doors slamming caught both their attention as they turned to see a feline like beast strode in. The Worgen turned toward Oviah and looked down at the ground and growled at the sight of the creature.

“Vatgar Scribecaller.” Oviah said trying to sound calm and confident despite the interruption. 

“General Shadowripper sends his regards but my time here is short, I already know the Orcs have asked for military expansion, I ask the same but with an offer, we Charr will defend your city for you.” The feline Charr awaited the Lady’s answer.

Revan knew this was mostly political but couldn’t help but feel that if Oviah agreed then the Charr would turn to more bloodshed, he shook his head when Oviah turned to look at him.

“I will consider an allowance of military expansion but it will not be great, I will ask that you cease your stealing of crops.” Oviah sounded extremely confident but the predatory gaze of the Charr gave both her and and Revan an uneasy feeling.

“I will report your decision to General Shadowripper.” the Charr turned to make his leave.

“I will have my scouts report on their movements to you soon, no doubt the Orcs will do so as well.” Cretops said giving his own bow before leaving.

“Well, that’s all for now.” Oviah said giving Revan a worried look.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep an eye on the Charr.” Revan said curious by the mysterious warrior race.

Following Vatgar Scribecaller had been fairly easy for Revan to accomplish, the brown furred horned feline seemed to be moving about the streets with great haste.
Finally in a dark side path he approached another Charr who had black fur and wore brown armour with a white trim around the neckline. Revan moved as close as he could to listen in on this secret conversation. Another two black furred Charr were in back with gold trimmed red armour.

“Tribune, the human female wishes to make further demands of us, however there was another human that seemed to sway her opinion and our scouts report that he only recently arrived.” Vatgar said earning a growl from Shadowripper.

“Speak to this human and find out where he is from, I make my departure soon.” with that the other Charr left leaving Revan and Vatgar in the alley.

The final Charr made his exit moving from the dark lane as Revan waited before slowly continuing his stalking. The buildings and streets shook around him as the sound of an explosion tore through the area shattering the many windows and forcing the people around to fall to the ground. Revan threw himself against a stone wall and held on as the tremors ceased. What had happened?

Shrieks rose through the streets as the sound of wounded and those in hysterics over what had occurred could be heard. Revan was surprised as the one he tracked raced forward as if wishing to help. Revan moved forward toward the origin of the explosion finding a destroyed army and a few wounded guards being tended to by the others.

Another Charr emerged from the smoke with a couple of the guards pulling more wounded from the destroyed room. This one had black fur with silver armour and seemed to be doing his best to assist in saving others.

“What happened?” Revan asked charging forward to ask the guards.

“We aren’t so sure Sir, one moment everything was fine and then the next there was an explosion.” the guard said glancing towards the wounded.

“Take care of the wounded I’ll find out.” Revan said moving into the dark crack near the barracks that lead into the armoury.

Revan looked around at the smoking twisted metal that used to be the various weaponry used in defending Maple Falls, moving forward he found something that clearly didn’t belong but wasn’t entirely sure what it was.

“Human.” the Charr said startling Revan causing him to grasp for his sword.

“Who are you?” Revan asked locking eyes with the horned feline.

“Centurion Riphunter at your service.” the Charr said followed by a low guttural growl.

“Sorry, just on edge.” Revan replied moving his hand from his weapon.

“You’ve found remains of the explosives that did this?” Riphunter asked.

Revan held up a bit of a red explosive that seemed different to the other equipment in the room. “Is this a joke?”

Revan had no idea how to respond to the Charr’s question and simply shook his head causing the Charr’s gaze to be filled with rage. “That is a Charr explosive.”

“This proves nothing!” roared Shadowripper towards Lady Oviah who sat upon the throne trying to grasp the accusations being cast at the Charr.

“Is it possible some of your warriors did this without your knowledge Tribune?” Oviah asked visibly distressed at the thought of having to deal with this kind of political situation.

“You insult the honour of the Charr human.” Shadowripper spat revealing his fury at once.

“You humans sit on your high thrones believing all races in Camelot should follow your laws.”

“You are out of line to speak of our King like that Shadowripper, silence yourself or I will be forced to report you to the authorities of Minis Tirith.” Oviah said now angry herself.

Revan felt like with the temper of both a child and an extremely militaristically and aggressively minded race talks would now be impossible. He felt he needed to do something or else this was only going to get worse.

“Alright, how about we all calm down before we say things we can’t take back.” Revan said raising his hands.

“No, the Charr are finished here and we are done serving human interests, it is time the Charr took their leave!” Shadowripper declared  turning and taking his leave straight past the Asura, Chak and Quaggan representatives leaving them as shocked as the humans in the room.

“Negotiations are adjourned for today, I ask that the representatives avoid the Charr representative until this is straightened out.”

Oviah rose and left the room leaving Revan standing shocked as the guards around the hall. He needed to speak to Oviah in private as soon as possible.

The pounding shook the wooden door just before it swung open as a red eyed Oviah moved back into the room.

“I didn’t call for you Revan.” she said moving to sit on her fairy pink blanket.

“I know, but after what happened I thought we should talk.”

“What’s to talk about, a Charr Tribune just declared that he intends war on us, he and his people can’t stand against our military might.” 

“You’re in tears for them?” Revan asked confused

“No, I’m in tears cause it’s hard and I’m failing.” she said bursting into tears once more.

Revan threw his arms around her and pulled her into a hug. “No this isn’t your fault, I think the Charr have been feeling this way for awhile.”

Pulling away Oviah looked up at Revan. “But what do I do?”

“Just keep the other representatives happy, I’ll go and speak to the Tribune personally.” Revan intended to get to the bottom of this quickly.

“Be careful Revan, the Charr have already withdrawn their other diplomats and have established a large war camp not far from the castle, they may plan to attack.”

“I wonder if Shadowripper knows who planted those explosives.” Revan figured he had a lot more to learn about the Charr.

Revan rode out on a white horse with a group of four knights, they travelled in the footsteps of the Charr folllwing them to their large and busy camp. Revan and the knights halted their horses as a red armoured Charr approached surrounded by four blue ones.

“You are unwelcome here, turn back now.” the red one said followed by a snarl.

“I’ll do this myself.” Revan said to the knight in charge.

“As you wish sir.” the knight said turning his horse around and riding off with the group.

“I wish to speak to the Tribune personally as a representative for Oviah, she wishes to do whatever she can to change your course.” Revan explained as the Charr ahead of him looked him over.

“Very well, come.” Revan followed the Charr into the mass of tents drawing the eyes of the majority of its inhabitants.

“What is the meaning of this?” the silver Centurion from earlier asked stopping Revan from entering the Tribune’s war tent.

“He represents the human female, I thought perhaps the Tribune would wish to see him.” the red Charr said bowing his head.

Glancing at Revan and then back at the red Charr he growled softly as if contemplating the idea. “the Tribune will not be happy to see you but peace is in both our interests.”

“Thank you I believe it worth the risk, I saw you in the city what’s your name?” he asked the Charr wondering what his position was.

“Korrarm Riphunter, Centurion, I’m commander of many of the Charr forces in this camp.

“I’m Revan Noctis, I personally represent the Lady Oviah because she believed I was suitable for the task.”

As they walked into the large white tent it was clear by the pelted carpet and the different weapons stored around the Charr were far more violent then the humans in Camelot he had met so far. Standing in the back talking with two other high ranking feline warriors was the Tribune himself, Shadowripper.

“Tribune, a representative from the humans has come to seek peace.” Riphunter announced to the higher Charr.

“Ah yes, the cloaked one, come sit with me.” the calm language of the Charr leader almost threw Revan off but he found a wooden seat at the table nonetheless.

“You are not of Maple Falls is this not true?” 

“You’re correct I’m not even from Camelot.” Revan replied deciding to be honest and doing his own best to remain calm despite the turmoil causing his heart to begin racing inside.

“For far too long the humans of Camelot, no offence to yourself have attempted to control those that are not their own, it is my interest to do what is right for my people.”

“What do you intend to do?” Revan asked feeling like asking wasn’t really necessary.

“The attacks on the city were not my own, however we will begin our military expansions and if Oviah attempts to stop us it will mean war.”

“I know the explosives were Charr and I’m sure they came from this camp, the only thing stopping a war is Oviah’s good nature.

“Why don’t you join us in our cause, make her see the error of her ways?”

“So you can strong arm the other races into voluntarily giving you their supplies so you can turn Camelot into a war zone!” Revan yelled losing his temper.

“Tribune, surely there is another way.” Riphunter said sounding concerned about the way this was going.

“Centurion see to it this human leaves, the Imperator’s orders will come soon enough and I’m expecting guests.”

“Much of my kind are bent on the belief that the laws of the Kingdom are only used to control us.” Riphunter said walking Revan back to his stallion.

“And you Riphunter?” 

“It is true that the humans benefit more than we do, but there are many threats out there that we all must face, we cannot be expected to place all our trust in another race, nor can we allow ourselves to be over come so strongly with a desire for war we turn on the other civilised races like ferals.”

Revan turned as the sound of more horses quickly approached, the knights approached desperately. “Sir Revan, Lady Oviah has been kidnapped!”

Revan atop his mount rode back with Riphunter behind him as they followed the knights back to the city. 
The people seemed frightened as if news had already spread of what had occurred.

“She was in her room and then they took her.” said a male castle servant in tears clutching a maid.

“Who took her, who did this!” Revan asked furiously.

“Three Charr warriors, they fled into the sewage system” the man replied.

“Knight, show me where the sewage leads.” Revan commanded.

Revan and the knights approached as they slid down from the white horse to investigate.

“Putrid stench, I can track them.” Riphunter declared.

It took only about fifteen minutes before they found the three Charr warriors in the trees. Having left their horses they silently made their approach. 

“These are my people, let me speak with them first.” Riphunter said petitioning Revan.

“You’ve got five minutes to get them to give up.” Revan said swapping the sword for his bow.

The silver Charr approached the three others who quickly noticed his approach and drew their weapons.
Riphunter remained unarmed as he approached them carefully and doing his best to not be perceived as a threat.

“Why have you taken the girl?” Riphunter asked bluntly.

“That information isn’t for you Centurion.”

“You dare defy me Charr?”

“Centurion, these orders are above you, walk away now or else we will be forced to consider you a threat to our mission.”

“Let the girl go and the three of you will be allowed to live.” Riphunter said moving for his own sword.

The three Charr charged Riphunter pushing him to the ground, the first bared his teeth and prepared to tear into Riphunter when an arrow slammed into his chest imbedding itself deep inside.

“Humans, you traitor!” another yelled as the dead husk was pushed off from Riphunter before he dove up and tore into the younger Charr’s flesh.

The final Charr moved to stab the Centurion but the blade was knocked from his grasp as Riphunter pounced upon him pushing him down to the ground. 

“Who has given you these orders, answer me!” demanded Riphunter.

“Tribune Shadowripper.” the younger Charr cried.

“Impossible...” Riphunter said releasing the soldier from his claws.

“Take that Charr back and throw him in the cell.”

“Sir Lady Oviah isn’t here.” said one of the other knights.

“Riphunter, I think you and I both know where she is.” Revan said looking down at the silver Charr in deep thought.

“If we don’t save her soon it’ll mean war, but I need your help.”

“I’ll do what I can.” Riphunter replied raising himself up from the ground.

The second approach to the Charr war camp even following Riphunter was not as smooth as the last time. 
The soldiers of the feline race refused to let him in though denied any knowledge of awareness of Oviah’s whereabouts despite Riphunter confirming her scent, the entire camp was on alert and many Charr whispered to their warbands, brothers and sisters about what was occurring.

“Brothers and Sisters of the Charr, this human comes before us making demands of us, it is true that we have taken the girl but she has not been harmed.” a red soldier brought Oviah out who had her arms tied behind her.

“Release me now!” she yelled kicking as the Charr holding her tightened his grip.

“Revan Noctis representative of Oviah and Maple Falls, do you choose to speak for her now?” Shadowripper asked sadistically.

“Give it up Shadowripper, I already know you planned the cowardly explosives attack!” 

“The imperators once they have seen what I have done will join with me.”

“No they won’t Shadowripper, the Imperators don’t want a war with the humans, it would only weaken us to other external threats.” knights behind Revan moved forward sword and shields drawn.

“Then they have grown weak, I declare myself Shadow Imperator and my rise will begin with the blood of this human female!” Shadowripper began to roar but an arrow landed in his arm causing him to give a sharp yelp.

“Kill the humans!” he roared with rage as the Charr still loyal to him began to charge, the Charr under Riphunter however turned their attention on their kin deciding they were now traitors to the Imperators and the Charr race.

A fierce battle had begun as Charr and humans joined forces against the newly birthed shadow Charr. Revan and Riphunter charged forward, Revan fired taking out the red cat that held Oviah causing her to fall to the ground.
Revan rushed over to Oviah and cut her restraints with his sword.

“Go, get to safety!” he yelled pushing her toward the knights that could protect her.

“We must make sure Shadowripper is dealt with.” Revan said drawing a nod from the dangerous silver predator.

Revan and Korrarm charged forward chasing after the running Shadowripper and his personal guard. Riphunter caught up to the former Tribune quickly and threw the corrupted Charr into the grass.

“Gladium!” Riphunter said insulting Shadowripper harshly as the other feline kicked his hind legs throwing the other off.

Revan charged forward swinging his sword as it clashed with Shadowripper’s “Pathetic weak human.”

A sword duel began as Revan clashed blades with the older more experienced Charr. Revan took an easy shot and sliced Shadowripper’s right shoulder causing him to collapse to the ground.

“But how?” Shadowripper asked shocked that he had been beaten.

“Revan, it should be a Charr that finishes him.” Riphunter said approaching.

After examining Revan a few more moments Shadowripper looked up in understanding. “You’re a Prime.”

This came as a surprise to Riphunter as well though he remained eyeing the traitor on the ground. “Interesting.”

“Well Revan Noctis, it’s been interesting, I promise you we’ll meet again soon.” Shadowripper declared.

“Let’s end this.” Riphunter through his blade forward stabbing it, into the ground where Shadowripper had been only moments ago.

As the victory horn of the Charr loyalists sounded Revan couldn’t help but to feel a defeat as Riphunter did that the traitor had somehow escaped.

A Charr war camp sat had been established atop a snowy hilltop, it was a base of operations for the legions of the Charr and their ever increasing military strength.
Imperator Embersoul, a greying red Charr looked out as new arrivals entered the camp. He had heard of the situation that had occurred at Maple Falls and he intended to deal with it personally.

Held in binds Shadowripper was lead by the red guards of the Imperators to a raised platform for judging and sentencing. With his guards following him Embersoul made his way toward the gathered crowd who waited patiently for his arrival. His claws dug into the wood as he slowly stepped up the spaced steps onto the raised platform where more of his guards and the bound prisoner stood.

“Noble and powerful children of the legions, I have here today a traitor that would beseech our honour and would threaten all our lives!” he roared passionately.

“What say you Shadowripper, what have you to say for yourself?”

Shadowripper glared at the Imperator before turning to the crowd. “Brothers and sisters of the Charr.”

He had the crowds attention focused purely on him. “The humans have ruled over Camelot for long enough, even now their kin are taught to keep our power stifled as if we are undeserving!” “Our Imperators that we have placed our faith are conceited to allowing this cause they do not believe we have the strength or the courage to face our oppressors head on like true warriors!”

Shadowripper could tell the crowd was pleased. “I ask now that you would join with me so that we may spread our message across all of Camelot, and ignite the flame and cast our message in shadow!”

Much of the crowd roared much to the disheartened looks of the rest and the annoyed looks of objection from the guards. Embersoul had simply heard enough it was time to finish this.

“Shadowripper you are charged with defying the law of the Imperators and you will be sentenced to d-.” a guard behind him collapsed to the ground with an arrow in his back.

Suddenly the crowd ignited into a field of violence and confusion as Embersoul looked around confused as to who was killing his guards, until he saw them, in the back of the crowd traitorous Charr most likely supporting Shadowripper. Embersoul felt a sharp pain in his back, he struggled and the pain grew worse. He turned his head to the side as he found the result had been Shadowripper making his move.

“Your death will mark my ascension to the privelage of Imperator.” Shadowripper said with fury.

“You are a fool Shadowripper, and always will be.” Embersoul felt the blade leave his body as Shadowripper’s sharp claws came upon him.

The dead were many but it had been a necessary sacrifice for his ascension to power, this whole war camp and the war bands that it was made up of would now serve him and his intention to free them of the human hubris.

“The other Imperators will fail to see our vision, they will attempt to warn the humans of what has happened here today, regardless we have nothing to hide, spread the truth and prepare for war!” the Charr war camp roared in near unison.

The damage to the morale of Maple Falls lately had been hard but Oviah had grown more experienced thanks to Revan’s backing and the many advisors that stayed near the castle. With the bestowing of her rightful title approaching quickly it seemed Revan would in fact not be needed anymore.

“Baron Atherton approaches!” yelled a guard.

A long line of kingdom soldiers escorting the Baron approached the castle gate.
The man that stepped forward seemed simple enough with light fur covering his neckline and a black and faded blue coat under light silver armour.

The gates opened as the escorts marched in, the Baron moved amongst them clearly showing he was concerned for his safety. Revan decided he needed to be by Oviah’s side when he finally arrived.

“Lady Oviah, I’m sorry about what happened to your father.” Atherton said, his clean shaven face looked up at her on her throne.

“Thank you Baron.”

“If you don’t mind me asking who is he?” the Baron asked referring to the cloaked individual beside her.

“This is Revan, a traveller that fought by my fathers side, I chose him as an advisor based on his many proven skills.” she smiled at Revan but it faded as she looked back.

“Why are you here Baron?” she asked

“News has spread of Charr rebels originating here, I’m here to hear your word on it.”

“Tribune Shadowripper ordered my kidnapping but thanks to Revan it was stopped and he fled into the night.” 

“Alone?” he looked toward Revan seemingly expecting him to talk.

“There were others with him, but most were rounded up and released to their Imperators.” Oviah replied.

“Revan, is that what happened?” he asked the strange cloaked warrior.

“Yes.” Revan said unsure where this was going.

“I’ll cut to the point, recently word has spread that Shadowripper allowed himself to be captured.”

“That’s great news.” Oviah cut in.

“He slew an Imperator in his own war camp, he now has officially proclaimed himself Imperator and has taken command of the forces in that area, he is now a threat that needs to be stopped, and as such has become my responsibility to put him and his rebellion down.”

“That’s not a good idea.” Revan said concerned.

“Why is that?”

“His rebellion is based on a belief in human oppression, you go after him it will reinforce their beliefs.”

“Perhaps you’re right, but I am not the first to go after him, a force under Captain Reeves was already sent a week ago and hasn’t been heard from since!” it seemed this was personal.

“Allow me to make a request.” Oviah said looking sadly at Revan.

“Take Revan with you, he is a strong and noble warrior and will be of great advantage to you.”

“But Oviah-.” Oviah turned to speak to him.

“Revan, you’re needed to take down Shadowripper, once you’re done come back and see me alright?” 

“Of course.” Revan gave a small bow and moved to embrace her in a hug.

Once finished it was time to leave, he stepped down and made his exit with the Baron. It was time to take Shadowripper out once and for all.

The snowy war camp of the Charr had been adopted by Shadowripper as a place of forming his new army and making his new plans come to fruition. Many more war bands had quickly joined with him swelling his ranks yet the humans had already sent a small force to assassinate him, that force had proven to all that the humans would stop at nothing to bring them down.

Thanks to the determination and resourcefulness of Charr messengers news had in fact travelled to other races in Camelot, some had even offered to join his army and why should he deny them that chance. Both Orcs and humans had received the assistance of other races to improve their efficiency, now the Charr would enlist their help as well.

“For too long the humans have believed they are superior to us all, the time has come to shatter that belief.” spoke a Tengu warlord.

“What is your name?” Shadowripper asked the crimson armoured Tengu.

“Qiabuya warlord of the fearsome wind.” Qiabuya said through his beak.

“Your race has been quite isolationist until now, why come to me?” Shadowripper inquired.

“I come to offer my services so that you may have a true chance at carving a path through the human armies.”

Shadowripper had already received many requests from other races wishing to pledge their support but the Tengu were known as great warriors and would surely prove most advantageous. He had seen this Qiabuya last cause with his red armour and blades he had seemed the most dangerous but surprisingly he was also the one with clearly the greatest desire to go on an offensive.

“The rest of the representatives seemed to desire protection from human retaliation but I have the feeling you are quite different.”

“My desire is to carve a bloody war path to our eventual victory.”

“Then I will certainly put you somewhere you can be at your best-“ Shadowripper was taken by surprise as his guards collapsed to the ground of his war tent. 

He tugged out his sword and ignited its flaming light and prepared suspecting that the humans had arrived ahead of their expected schedule. The flaps of the tent blew open as an armoured and robed shadowy figure stepped inside.

“Greetings Imperator.” came a distorted strange voice from the hidden face.

“Who are you?” Shadowripper asked ready to stab this intruder.

“I come to you as an ally much like your Tengu friend here.” the shadowy figure looked at Qiabuya who stood with both blades raised ready to strike.

“My apologies for your other guards.” the shadow figure waved their hand and the Charr guards on the ground groggily awakened as if they had merely fallen asleep on guard duty.

“My name is Vraren and I come from Dalaran.”

“The cursed human magic settlement.” Qiabuya added.

“Indeed, I have come to also offer my expertise in magic.”

“We Charr have little need of magic, that is left to our shamans.”

Vraren paused for a moment, Vraren had expected this. “I also have information on where you can get an army big and strong enough to overthrow Aragorn with ease.”

This also took Shadowripper by surprise but despite being sceptical he wanted to know more. “What do you want in return?”

“I enjoy knowledge Shadowripper, allow me access to the hidden magical secrets of our enemies and my powers shall be yours to command until Camelot is yours at which point I will take my leave.”

“I accept both of your services then, but tell me more of this army.”

Vraren took a parchment from the adorned robe and allowed it to unravel on the table revealing an image of a cave and ancient text. “This army lies buried beneath Camelot, it has layed forgottten since the war with demonic forces that once shook Camelot to its core.”

Shadowripper nodded his furry head. Excellent, I’ll inform the representatives our war is ready to begin.”

Revan and the Baron escorted by his personal guard arrived at the Charr war camp high in the mountains. The snow and their altitude made the air cold but all pushed onward approaching the mass of Charr tents that ranged from many colours.

“The Charr sure have come far.” the Baron said with a look of disgust on his face.

“Is that such a bad thing?” Revan asked not sharing the Baron’s supposed dislike in non human culture.

“Nevermind, seems the camp is deserted.”

“We should search the main war tent in the centre for clues.” Revan said leading the way into the camp.

They moved through the rows of deserted tents toward the large one that awaited them that must have been owned and used by their enemy. Revan cautiously approached the large tent but strangely the flaps were folded wide open.

“Why are you so ok with these creatures having such a strong military culture?” 

“I’ve met a talking pony once and she didn’t seem that bad at all.” Revan said remembering Celestia.

The tent was mostly empty apart from the same furniture he recognised as Charr design. It was obvious they had missed Shadowripper but Revan had hoped they would find some sign as to where they had gone.

“I think I heard something.” the Baron said pulling out his sword and moving to the other side of the tent.

A figure burst through the tent pushing the Baron to the ground. A bright blade came down only to be blocked by Revan’s own weapon.

“Revan.” spoke Riphunter standing over the Baron.

“Riphunter.” Revan replied in kind.

“Get this beast off of me!” yelled the Baron angrily.

Riphunter moved his claws off of the Baron slowly. “I remember you possessing better company.”

“Actually I’m accompanying him.” Revan said reaching a hand to help the Baron to his feet as the kingdom soldiers behind lowered their weapons.

“We’re looking for Shadowripper, or rather some indication of where he has gone.”

“Shadowripper slaughtered many Charr here, including an Imperator, I have been charged with hunting him down also.”

“Alone?” Revan asked looking out the tent for more Charr.

“I did not believe I would require assistance, however Shadowripper has been gathering allies, other races that are disillusioned with human authority.”

“This is a travesty, these traitors must be stopped.”

“Why would they join him?” Revan asked wondering what their mindset would be.

“The weak look to the strong to protect them, in this case they desire freedom from human created laws, they seek to destroy that which binds them to what they see as unlawful.”

“Then they must be killed.” the Baron said refusing to show mercy to these traitors.

“We should attempt to stop them from this destructive path.” Revan said disappointed that they would join up with a maniac.

“I can track them.” Riphunter declared sniffing at the air.

“So can I, but by all means we’ll return to the horses and you can lead the way.” Revan said motioning with his arm for the Charr Centurion to exit first.

As Riphunter left the Baron turned to Revan. “What makes you think we can trust him?”

“Riphunter has seen his people slaughtered by Shadowripper, I do not believe he would join him under any circumstances.”

Revan and the others saddled up as they all prepared for the ride ahead that would take them to where Shadowripper had run off to. Revan wondered just what the mad Charr had in store for them.

After a day of journeying forth their party approached an isolated fort that had been built on either side of a small gorge. Look outs spotted them long before they arrived and the gate was wide open as they moved towards the entrance.

“Welcome Baron Atherton to fort Moose.” a soldier said approaching the party as they entered through the gate.

“Report.” the Baron said seeing the soldiers were on edge.

“The Charr rebels came this way sir but we didn’t engage, scouts reported that their numbers have grown and were last seen heading into the mountain pass.”

“The fools will be trapped.” the Baron said sure they had made a certain mistake.

“No doubt they have a plan, Shadowripper is not a complete fool.” Riphunter said ignoring the soldiers stares.

“Where does the pass lead?” Revan asked figuring they weren’t heading there for no reason.

The Baron turned to Revan with a look of concern written on his face. “The mages of Dalaran sealed it off after the war, they say that those that dwell there once supported the Kingdom but after the demons were cast from the land they decided to remain there, forever alone.”

“Do they still live there?” Revan asked curious if there was any further rumours of their fate.

“It’s believed that any that travel the path into the mountain will never be seen again, Revan I am no coward, I will go in but we do not have any idea what lies inside.”

“Then I advise we wait until morning and then we enter.” Revan said hoping any barriers mages put up would be more then enough to hold them off at least that long.

“Yes, we sleep until morning then we’ll send every soldier we can spare into that pass, if we’re lucky they’ll be dead before we find them.”

The night was certainly cold and dark as Revan lay on his bunk staring up at the bunk atop of him that was currently occupied by one of the Baron’s men. Sleeping was unlikely as his mind raced with thoughts of what awaited them in the pass. Perhaps going in blind was a bad idea but they had little idea of their enemies plans.

“Attack! Attack!” came the shouts of soldiers from outside.

Revan shot up and grabbed his blade, swinging open the rickety wooden door he charged out into the hall to see what was going on. Approaching a window Revan glanced out at a large army approaching the fort. Below Revan could hear the Baron barking orders and soldiers of the Kingdom rushed about as they moved to defensive positions.

Revan ran towards one of the soldiers he believed to be of higher military ranking. “Who are they?” 

“A second force of Charr rebels accompanied by a large force of Dredge and what looks like Choya sir.”

The only real thing that mattered was the fact that the Charr had just ambushed their entire fort with an army that they had no idea existed. The Baron would lead the defence but Revan didn’t find appreciate the idea of sitting there waiting for their enemies to attack.

‘Least they aren’t primes this time’ he thought recalling the Pale Moors siege.

Revan stood atop the wall with the archers and looked down at the advancing force of the mole like Dredge clad in armour and gripping strange twin bladed swords.They seemed incredibly outnumbered and yet Revan had to admit he was impressed by how well the forces of the Kingdom bravely stood their ground.

“Revan.” Riphunter said pushing in beside Revan.

“Riphunter pleasure you could join me.”

The Charr roared as he observed the army in front of him preparing their siege. “The Dredge have desired their own kingdom for years, their weapons are designed to emit sonic frequencies that can terrorise enemy forces into retreat, the Charr hide behind these dogs as cowards do.”

“Sonic?” Revan asked unsure what he was supposed to be expecting.

“Good luck trying to block out their ear piercing sounds, you humans think you have it bad try being a Charr.”

“They seem overly confident they can get a ram to our gate, I think that stopping that plan should be our number one priority.”

“Kingdom forces are not equipped for a Dredge engagement, victory will depend on the Baron’s ability to tactically use what he has at his disposal.”

“We’ve got to keep them from breaching that gate, it’s the only way.”

A black Charr stood at the back of the ranks of their army, the rebirth would receive their first true victory against the Kingdom here soaked in the blood of humanity. The Dredge Captain beside him stared for a moment at the sun that would soon rise and light up the sky.

“Send in our first wave.” the Jaguar like Charr ordered.

A large wooden ram slowly began being pushed forward by the Dredge who began moving towards the paved pathway to the fort gate. To them their deaths would be a worthy sacrifice if it meant that victory would be assured.

Revan tugged his bow string as he awaited firing command. Many of the Dredge had large metal plates on their arms that would assuredly make taking them and their ram down more difficult. 

“Fire!” shouted the archery Comander. 

Arrows fired out from atop the gate wall soaring into the sky before veering down at their slow lumbering target. Revan watched as the volley tore into the Dredge ranks tearing through any that failed to block at just the right angle with their shields. Despite the losses the ram continued advancing, another volley was fired and then another yet despite it all the Dredge kept pushing.

“They seem to care little for losses.” Revan noted as an affirmative hmph came from Riphunter.

“They have little care for being skilled warriors but they are devoted to doing their part.”

“Guess nobody told them heavy losses aren’t a true victory.” Revan replied firing another shot in unison with the other archers.

“Flaming arrows!” the archery commander yelled as the Kingdom ranged soldiers began to coat their arrows in oil.

Revan followed suit agreeing that it was the best bet they had at stopping the gate from being breached and the fort quickly overrun. With fire their arrows ignited no doubt drawing the watchful gaze of the enemy army. A few short seconds later the flaming arrows were released and sent straight to the ram where the arrows lodged themselves in its wooden frame. 

“It worked.” Riphunter declared as a thick smoke cloud began to form right before the wood below began to be engulfed. 

The Dredge hating the fire abandoned the searing ram and attempted to flee. More arrows continued firing down at them continuing to ever thin their ranks.

“That was too easy.” Revan proclaimed eyes darting to Riphunter who merely nodded.

“They will now attempt to break us with their advanced creations, get these humans to pull back.”

Revan looked down as a new line of Dredge marched forward barely fazed by the flames as they began taking positions. Revan joined in firing arrows straight down at their new foes but despite the losses their enemy did not falter.

“Reverberants.” Riphunter said turning around and putting his paws to his ears.

The Dredge aimed their firearms up at the archers and a loud piercing sonic burst was unleashed. Many archers dropped their bows attempting to block their ears while some still managed to continue firing but were thrown off by the shrieking noise. Revan could hear nothing but the enemies weapons but it was what came after that was the worst. Loud bangs began as shots from the firearms collided with the debilitated archers dropping their corpses to the ground. 

Revan pushed an archer to the ground as a shot barely missed him. Riphunter tugged another two archers to the ground before moving closer to Revan  for a chance to communicate.

“This wall is lost!” Riphunter yelled gaining a nod from Revan.

Almost the entire line of archers had just been decimated by the Dredge’s genius tactic but with the path blocked there was no way they were getting another ram through. Along with Riphunter and the remaining archers they carried the wounded from the gate wall deciding to abandon their post believing nothing more could be done.

“Aaaargh!” yelled a Kingdom soldier drawing the attention of all those around him and those above him including Revan.

Below them on the ground was a soldier lifted into the air by what at first glance looked like a massive scorpion claw. His body was immediately cut in half as the two parts fell to the ground in a massive pool of blood and innards. 

“Devourer.” Riphunter snarled 

“Devourer!” the soldiers of the Kingdom began retreating as the creatures dual stinging tails began striking out cutting down the broken men.

“The ram was a distraction, they’re using Devourers to get into the fort.” Riphunter said looking to Revan.

“Warn all you can and stop their plans, I’ll take care of this creature.”

“It’s tails are covered in poison, if the strikes don’t kill you and you don’t receive the antidote it will kill you most painfully.”

“Thanks for the warning.” Revan said leaping off the stone stairs jumping down upon the overgrown scorpion.

Landing upon the Devourer’s back Revan found himself balancing atop a natural killing machine. The arachnid creature screeched in anger, its small puny eyes straining to look up at the cloaked warrior now upon it.

The first strike came at him quickly, the first tail tearing right through his cape. Revan slashed with his sword cleaving through the exoskeleton. The second tail shot out and Revan was forced to parry the oncoming strike like that of a spear. Revan jumped back and stabbed the creature in the head, the second tail came right for his chest but he just managed to dodge it by allowing his body to fall upon the creatures back. The Devourer let out one more squeal before it collapsed into the snow.

Revan tugged hard tearing his blade from the creatures armoured shell and cringed at the gross liquid insides that now adorned his sword, with a few flicks however he was again ready to enter back into the action.
The large tunnel left from the Devourer’s entrance was quickly filling up with what Revan could only assume were the Choya, cacti like creatures they swarmed at the Kingdom soldiers who held spears in front to plug the hole. Needles shot out from the hole tearing into metal armour drawing screams of pain and terror from the struggling warriors.

Revan knew that if the tunnel wasn’t quickly collapsed they would be over run within minutes. To deal with the tunneling foes Revan required something that would seal the hole for good, or at least long enough for a more permanent solution.

“Revan, the Choya are breaking through.” the Baron said approaching with a sword covered in green.

“We need to seal the hole before it’s too late.” Revan said considering their options.

“I’ve already ordered explosives be brought but they take forever to move.”

“I’ll hold them off as long as I can.” Revan said charging for the tunnel.

Choya were swarming through the narrow tunnel toward the valiant Kingdom soldiers who held the line with spears extended thrusting forward at their vicious short prickly foes. Revan stayed behind the shields of his allies and observed the swarm pushing the defenders back. The short cacti warriors charged at Revan tearing through the soldiers and reached their miniature arms out to grab at him. Revan slashed out with his sword cleaving through the enemy sending green fluid in every direction.

“Hold the line!” Revan yelled realising they were quickly about to fall if he didn’t think of something quickly.

Their party after a day of journeying approached an isolated fort that had been built on either side of a small gorge. Look outs spotted them long before they arrived and the gate was wide open as they moved towards the entrance.

“Welcome Baron Atherton to fort Moose.” a soldier said approaching the party as they entered through the gate.

“Report.” the Baron said seeing the soldiers were on edge.

“The Charr rebels came this way sir but we didn’t engage, scouts reported that their numbers have grown and were last seen heading into the mountain pass.”

“The fools will be trapped.” the Baron said sure they had made a certain mistake.

“No doubt they have a plan, Shadowripper is not a complete fool.” Riphunter said ignoring the soldiers stares.

“Where does the pass lead?” Revan asked figuring they weren’t heading there for no reason.

The Baron turned to Revan with a look of concern written on his face. “The mages of Dalaran sealed it off after the war, they say that those that dwell there once supported the Kingdom but after the demons were cast from the land they decided to remain there, forever alone.”

“Do they still live there?” Revan asked curious if there was any further rumours of their fate.

“It’s believed that any that travel the path into the mountain will never be seen again, Revan I am no coward, I will go in but we do not have any idea what lies inside.”

“Then I advise we wait until morning and then we enter.” Revan said hoping any barriers mages put up would be more then enough to hold them off at least that long.

“Yes, we sleep until morning then we’ll send every soldier we can spare into that pass, if we’re lucky they’ll be dead before we find them.”

The night was certainly cold and dark as Revan lay on his bunk staring up at the bunk atop of him that was currently occupied by one of the Baron’s men. Sleeping was unlikely as his mind raced with thoughts of what awaited them in the pass. Perhaps going in blind was a bad idea but they had little idea of their enemies plans.

“Attack! Attack!” came the shouts of soldiers from outside.

Revan shot up and grabbed his blade, swinging open the rickety wooden door he charged out into the hall to see what was going on. Approaching a window Revan glanced out at a large army approaching the fort. Below Revan could hear the Baron barking orders and soldiers of the Kingdom rushed about as they moved to defensive positions.

Revan ran towards one of the soldiers he believed to be of higher military ranking. “Who are they?” 

“A second force of Charr rebels accompanied by a large force of Dredge and what looks like Choya sir.”

The only real thing that mattered was the fact that the Charr had just ambushed their entire fort with an army that they had no idea existed. The Baron would lead the defence but Revan didn’t like the idea of sitting there waiting for the enemies attacks. 

‘Least they aren’t primes this time’ he thought recalling the Pale Moors siege.

Revan stood atop the wall with the archers and looked down at the advancing force of the mole like Dredge clad in armour and gripping strange twin bladed swords.They seemed incredibly outnumbered and yet Revan had to admit he was impressed by how well the forces of the Kingdom bravely stood their ground.

“Revan.” Riphunter said pushing in beside Revan.

“Riphunter pleasure you could join me.”

The Charr roared as he observed the army in front of him preparing their siege. “The Dredge have desired their own kingdom for years, their weapons are designed to emit sonic frequencies that can terrorise enemy forces into retreat, the Charr hide behind these dogs as cowards do.”

“Sonic?” Revan asked unsure what he was supposed to be expecting.

“Good luck trying to block out their ear piercing sounds, you humans think you have it bad try being a Charr.”

“They seem overly confident they can get a ram to our gate, I think that stopping that plan should be our number one priority.”

“Kingdom forces are not equipped for a Dredge engagement, victory will depend on the Baron’s ability to tactically use what he has at his disposal.”

“We’ve got to keep them from breaching that gate, it’s the only way.”

A black Charr stood at the back of the ranks of their army, the rebirth would receive their first true victory against the Kingdom here soaked in the blood of humanity. The Dredge Captain beside him stared for a moment at the sun that would soon rise and light up the sky.

“Send in our first wave.” the Jaguar like Charr ordered.

A large wooden ram slowly began being pushed forward by the Dredge who began moving towards the paved pathway to the fort gate. To them their deaths would be a worthy sacrifice if it meant that victory would be assured.

Revan tugged his bow string as he awaited firing command. Many of the Dredge had large metal plates on their arms that would assuredly make taking them and the ram down more difficult. 

“Fire!” shouted the archery Comander. 

Arrows fired out from atop the gate wall soaring into the sky before veering down at their slow lumbering targete. Revan watched as the volley tore into the Dredge ranks tearing through any that failed to block at just the right angle with their shields. Despite the losses the ram continued advancing, another volley was fired and then another yet despite it all the Dredge kept pushing.

“They seem to care little for losses.” Revan noted as an affirmative hmph came from Riphunter.

“They have little care for being skilled warriors but they are devoted to doing their part.”

“Guess nobody told them heavy losses aren’t a true victory.” Revan replied firing another shot in unison with the other archers.

“Flaming arrows!” the archery commander yelled as the Kingdom ranged soldiers began to coat their arrows in oil.

Revan followed suit agreeing that it was the best bet they had at stopping the gate from being breached and the fort quickly overrun. With fire their arrows ignited no doubt drawing the watchful gaze of the enemy army. A few short seconds later the flaming arrows were released and sent straight to the ram where the arrows lodged themselves in its wooden frame. 

“It worked.” Riphunter declared as a thick smoke cloud began to form right before the wood below began to be engulfed. 

The Dredge hating the fire abandoned the searing ram and attempted to flee. More arrows continued firing down at them continuing to ever thin their ranks.

“That was too easy.” Revan proclaimed eyes darting to Riphunter who merely nodded.

“They will now attempt to break us with their advanced creations, get these humans to pull back.”

Revan looked down as a new line of Dredge marched forward barely fazed by the flames as they began taking positions. Revan joined in firing arrows straight down at their new foes but despite the losses their enemy did not falter.

“Reverberants.” Riphunter said turning around and putting his paws to his ears.

The Dredge aimed their firearms up at the archers and a loud piercing sonic burst was unleashed. Many archers dropped their bows attempting to block their ears while some still managed to continue firing but were thrown off by the shrieking noise. Revan could hear nothing but the enemies weapons but it was what came after that was the worst. Loud bangs began as shots from the firearms collided with the debilitated archers dropping their corpses to the ground. 

Revan pushed an archer to the ground as a shot barely missed him. Riphunter tugged another two archers to the ground before moving closer to Revan  for a chance to communicate.

“This wall is lost!” Riphunter yelled gaining a nod from Revan.

Almost the entire line of archers had just been decimated by the Dredge’s genius tactic but with the path blocked there was no way they were getting another ram through. Along with Riphunter and the remaining archers they carried the wounded from the gate wall deciding to abandon their post believing nothing more could be done.

“Aaaargh!” yelled a Kingdom soldier drawing the attention of all those around him and those above him including Revan.

Below them on the ground was a soldier lifted into the air by what at first glance looked like a massive scorpion claw. His body was immediately cut in half as the two parts fell to the ground in a massive pool of blood and innards. 

“Devourer.” Riphunter snarled 

“Devourer!” the soldiers of the Kingdom began retreating as the creatures dual stinging tails began striking out cutting down the broken men.

“The ram was a distraction, they’re using Devourers to get into the fort.” Riphunter said looking to Revan.

“Warn all you can and stop their plans, I’ll take care of this creature.”

“It’s tails are covered in poison, if the strikes don’t kill you and you don’t receive the antidote it will kill you most painfully.”

“Thanks for the warning.” Revan said leaping off the stone stairs jumping down upon the overgrown scorpion.

Landing upon the Devourer’s back Revan found himself balancing atop a natural killing machine. The arachnid creature screeched in anger, its small puny eyes straining to look up at the cloaked warrior now upon it.

The first strike came at him quickly, the first tail tearing right through his cape. Revan slashed with his sword cleaving through the exoskeleton. The second tail shot out and Revan was forced to parry the oncoming strike like that of a spear. Revan jumped back and stabbed the creature in the head, the second tail came right for his chest but he just managed to dodge it by allowing his body to fall upon the creatures back. The Devourer let out one more squeal before it collapsed into the snow.

Revan tugged hard tearing his blade from the creatures armoured shell and cringed at the gross liquid insides that now adorned his sword, with a few flicks however he was again ready to enter back into the action.
The large tunnel left from the Devourer’s entrance was quickly filling up with what Revan could only assume were the Choya, cacti like creatures they swarmed at the Kingdom soldiers who held spears in front to plug the hole. Needles shot out from the hole tearing into metal armour drawing screams of pain and terror from the struggling warriors.

Revan knew that if the tunnel wasn’t quickly collapsed they would be over run within minutes. To deal with the tunneling foes Revan required something that would seal the hole for good, or at least long enough for a more permanent solution.

“Revan, the Choya are breaking through.” the Baron said approaching with a sword covered in green.

“We need to seal the hole before it’s too late.” Revan said considering their options.

“I’ve already ordered explosives be brought but they take forever to move.”

“I’ll hold them off as long as I can.” Revan said charging for the tunnel.

The Choya struck out with needles firing upon the Kingdom soldiers as they attemped to block the tunnel entrance with their spears. The soldiers fell dead to the ground, their armour pierced by multitudes of long sharp naturally produced barbs.
Revan cut down one of the Choya as green goop splashed across the already red stained snow.

“I’ve got an idea.” Revan said moving back and tugging Riphunter by the arm.

“We need oil, it’s the only way.” Revan moved toward the oil storage hoping there was some ready to go.

Having collected some oil Revan and a group of volunteers including Riphunter raced the oil in metal buckets over to the large enemy made hole. The Choya showed no sign of ceasing their charge and so gave Revan and the other day no choice.
The buckets tipped and hot boiling oil poured into the black hole bringing screams of pain and agony as the Choya in the darkness were burned alive.

“We’ve got the explosives!” the Baron called as he and his men gripped the large explosive barrels.

“Good, that oil won’t last forever.” Revan said shaking his head slightly disturbed at what he had just done but considering it a part of war.

The explosives once tumbled in were in place and ready to be set off. The Baron personally threw in a flaming torch from a safe distance causing a large explosion to shake the earth and cave in their enemies entry point.

The explosion had rocked the fort and now Revan was faced with a new problem. The mole race known as the Dredge had now almost tunneled through their wall using nothing but claws, pickaxes and their own instincts.

“Retreat!” yelled the Baron causing the once brave defenders to run for their lives, retreating ever into the interior structures of the fort.

“Seems your human allies have faltered.” Riphunter said standing next to Revan with his flaming sword burning.

“It could work to keep his men alive a bit longer but if the Baron has no plans to win this we need to make one.”

At least as a Prime you’ll more than likely come back from this.”

“I ain’t giving up on you, the Baron or his men just yet.” Revan considered what they could do.

Nodding to himself he agreed with his line of thought. “We can hold them, but we’re going to need help.”

“Rally onto me!” Revan yelled out to the fleeing soldiers.

Some of the soldiers stopped and agreed to fight alongside him but the majority continued to run inside too scared for their lives to fight anymore. About ten souls were now all they had to defend the fort against the massive swarm.

“We’re with you Revan!” came the voice of the archer commander with the last few archers from his line taking the windows adding to his count.

“I don’t like our odds but it’s good to know not all your kind are cowards.” Riphunter said watching as the final rocks gave way for the collapse of the wall.

The Dredge swarmed through with a hundred battle cries and swords held high as they charged toward the small number of defenders led by Revan. Revan knew he was these peoples only hope and so he felt determined to do his part, also getting stabbed to death still tended to hurt not that he’d let anyone else die if he could help it.
The first Dredge charged at him as he calmly stepped closer and carefully raised his sword. The expert swing of his blade cut the first Dredge to the ground. With the dawn overhead his sword swings became like a vicious and bloody dance as he went from Dredge to Dredge slaying them as their corpses collapsed to the ground.

The few arrows flying overhead and the soldiers spread out behind him took some of the burden off but the majority of the enemy came for him throwing their weak slashes he was able to knock the Dredge Oscillators to the ground and stab them into the snow before withdrawing his sword ready for the next unlucky opponent to make the mistake of challenging him.

He drew his bow and began firing his own arrows at the enemy cutting them down and relieving them of the luxury of being slain by his sword. Their numbers were still so much that every time he felt like he had almost gained the upper hand he’d be surrounded again by more eager Dredge ready to perish to his blade.

Two slashes killed another Dredge as a stab backwards killed another behind him. His sword parrying a blow from another before cutting across his back taking yet another out of the fight. Revan was becoming exhausted yet still he swung again continuing to postpone the deaths of those he defended for yet another minute.

Riphunter had resorted to also using his claws to tear flesh from the Dredge surrounding him as he did his best to keep the weaker humans around him alive. The Kingdom soldiers themselves had grown weak and tired and were beginning to collapse unable to fight on.

“Let’s finish them!” shouted a commanding Dredge charging in with three Dredge’s wielding sonic rifles.

“Dredge Commissar!” Riphunter yelled to Revan.

These sonic rifles would end the battle with a victory for the Dredge right now if Revan failed to stop them. Throwing a fire ball it slammed into one of the Dredge rifle users causing him to burn up. The Dredge next to him attempted to mitigate the damage by turning his back but ignited all the same as he fell down attempting to roll in the snow. The last aimed ready to fire but lost his head as Revan charged forward moving next for the Commissar. Revan’s sword slammed against the Commissar’s axe forcefully shooting out sparks.

“Human scum!” the Commissar yelled drawing his axe back.

Revan parried the axe as it lunged down upon him. Slashing two strikes he found the small axe was far more flexible then the swords the other Dredge warriors used. Revan stabbed out piercing the front armour of the Commissar causing him to roar in pain but not enough to stop him from swinging at Revan furiously. Revan rolled out of the way and fired a burning fire ball at the Commissar’s face. The mole creature dodged it and snarled, gripping the axe with two hands he charged toward Revan ignoring the Prime’s blade still sticking from his chest plate.

Revan grapes his sword hilt and kicked up using the weight of his body to send the Dredge falling back into the snow. Revan standing on top of the Commissar tugged out his sword and sent it back down stabbing right through the creatures throat.

Revan looked up as the Dredge paused perhaps rethinking their odds of success. Revan tugging the sword out moved back into a combat stance with his sword held horizontally once more. 

The Dredge seemed to remain still for the longest time as Revan turned to see Riphunter walking up beside him also examining the force. “They now fear you, excellent work.

Revan now bloodsoaked lowered his sword slightly. “There’s no need for more bloodshed!”

“But there is, especially yours.” said a black cat being stepping through the crowd.

Riphunter and the Jaguar like Charr growled at each other but Revan simply stared his opponent down. The black Charr raised a mace menacingly as if he expected it to intimidate his opponent.

“I’ll kill you myself since these fools are incapable.”

“If you wish to try go ahead.” Revan replied raising his sword again ready for the attack.

The mace wielding Charr powered forward at great speed and elbowed Riphunter in the stomach and placed him in a head lock. “You’re too slow Revan Noctis.”

Revan charged as the black cat let Riphunter go and sprang away leaving the silver Charr gasping and coughing for breath. Revan turned around looking for where his enemy had vanished to. Revan turned to see a mace hit slam him in the chest causing a loud crunch to come from his armour. Swinging up and bringing his sword down he cut right into the black Charr’s shoulder blade causing him to screech in pain and drop the mace. Extending his claws he scratched at Revan tearing into his chest and scratching into his armour. 

Revan tore the sword loose causing the black Charr to fall to the ground. The Charr kicked out with his leg flipping Revan head over heels onto the ground. The Charr leapt onto him and went to tear out his throat but instead barely dodged a fist in return. Revan grabbed the creatures fur and rolled over pushing the black cat into the white snow. 

“Surrender or die!” Revan commanded.

“Surrender, so your kind can enslave us once again, I die knowing freedom human.”

Revan wanted to kill this creature yet something deep within urged him to reconsider. Looking up he saw Riphunter approach.

“Revan the Dredge are leaving.” 

“What,why?” Revan asked perplexed.

“Because their contribution is no longer necessary, we have other ways of finishing you.” the black Charr replied followed by a coarse chuckle.

Revan, the Baron and Riphunter led the men in two rows through the tight narrow passage way into the mountain. The path was snowy but the shelter from the wind revealed the hundred or so footprints representing an enemy in Shadowripper’s movement. The path was long but fairly easy but once they entered inside it became hard to see, flickering of torches was all that truly could be seen until he got closer, large ancient stone doors forced open by those that had arrived before. 

[Flashback]

“It can’t be sealed!” Shadowripper yelled causing the nearby Choya to hop back in fear.

“Calm yourself, I’m sure there is a way in.” Qiabuya replied moving forward and scratching his claws along the sealed stone door ahead.

“Do none of you know anything about magic?” Vraren scoffed raising a hand causing the warlord avian to leap out of the way.

The large doors shook and crumbled before grinding open as if Vraren’s will had overcome them in some mental battle. Shadowripper snarled with delight as the doorway was open.

“Excellent work.” he said pushing past Vraren. “This way, there is no time to waste.”

“There’s something peculiar about that Charr.” Qiabuya whispered to Vraren.

Vraren nodded. “He has the taint of dark magic on him, but he doesn’t use it.”

They entered into a bridge crossing a massive cavern, all around them were large stone statues of a race that had once dwelled here. Why had they sealed themselves off from the world, none here knew. 

“This seems too easy.” Vraren said walking alongside the others towards s podium that stood at the end.

“Perhaps a decoy.” Shadowripper spoke stepping up upon it and getting ready to speak as his forces lined up.

“Perhaps I should be up there Shadowripper.” Vraren said drawing his gaze.

“That won’t be necessary Vraren.” he said as a red mist began flowing from him out towards the noses and mouths of the statues.

“Hear me my followers of flesh, hear me as I call upon the might and truth of stone.”

“I guess he does know dark magic?” Qiabuya said surprised.

“No, this power is being channeled from somebody else, I sensed it as we approached.” 

The statues began to shift and shake and tear themselves from the cavern. Minions of stone long left slumbering we’re now awake.

“Shadowripper, stop this is dangerous.” one Charr spoke out concerned.

“Fear not brother, Camelot will be ours.” Shadowripper said as his eyes glowed crimson.

“Imperator, the humans approach!” came the voice from another Charr in the back.

“Prepare an ambush.” Shadowripper said with a sadistic smirk on his face.

[Present]

Revan stepped inside, a crimson light tore into the cavern ceiling and red stars danced around, there was no sign of anybody except Shadowripper himself.
Revan and Riphunter walked across the bridge first leading the way towards the criminal awaiting his execution.

“You fools!” Shadowripper yelled as the cave walls seemed to be collapsing revealing Choya and Dredge behind them.

The warriors of the Kingdom clasped their swords and shields ready for combat as needles and rifle shots pounded against them forcing one or two to tumble to their probable deaths. The two sides clashed on the bridge as the momentum of force applied sent warriors of both parties tumbling one after another, the Dredge and Choya struggled to push their human opponents back who refused to give in. 
Blood scattered the rocks of the cavern, green and red mixing as bodies fell to the floor.

Revan wished to waste no more time as he could tell they were far too outnumbered and no opportunity would be better then the mistake Shadowripper had made in allowing them in close. Revan turned to Shadowripper with clear anger in his eyes, No more death needed to be caused by this miserable petty Charr.

“Last chance to join with me Revan, before I am forced to reveal the truth to you.” Shadowripper said taking a step toward the cloaked warrior.

“No more words Shadowripper, your time has come.”

“Come and take me then, both of you.” Shadowripper said opening his arms wide as if surrendering.

Revan drew his sword as did Riphunter as they charged towards the mad Charr, a sort of crimson energy struck them sapping them of energy. Shadowripper stepped down from the podium eyes still sparkling. 

“A shame that you’ve come all this way only to die Riphunter.” said Shadowripper only his voice was now far deeper. “And you Revan Noctis, I do hope Omni found this interesting.”

“Death would be acceptable if you were brought down with me foul beast.” Riphunter said gasping for breath.

“What are you?” Revan asked attempting to pull himself up from his knelt position.

“The Charr I currently possess is still very much your enemy, but I, I am a nightmare.” the possessed Charr cackled at the revelation.

Revan glanced back to find the Kingdom soldiers were almost all dead or dying already but what was he meant to do?

“If it makes you feel any better I expected you to have died in that siege I had set up, you really gave me quite a show.” “I’m afraid however that this is where our show must end for now as I have a verse to rule!” 

Revan leapt up with his sword and charged for the feline demon whatever he was and slashed his sword slicing the cats stomach open. “Hahahaha, I knew I liked you.” “Tell you what I’ll give you a chance, if you survive you’ll know where to find me, after all you did enough convincing the Baron the city was in good hands.”

To Revan’s horror the wound sealed up, taking a few steps back he looked at the Charr again and questioned what it was he was facing. The possessed Charr outstretched his hand, and with a simple motion Revan, and the rest of the remaining survivors were cast off the bridge into the unknown dark abyss below.

Revan tumbled and fell into the blackness, he had made out the same expressions of shock and horror just before the last light faded and he felt the cold wrap around him. It occurred to him a moment later that he wasn’t dead but actually underwater. Swimming to the surface he could see nothing, at least he could breathe. He then felt himself being swept away by the current, he heard cries from others in the water with him but they were quickly carried away as he was. Swept away by the water in the darkness he felt his body slam against a number of rocks, reaching out he attempted to grab on but they were too slippery to be of use. Dragged and tumbled he felt like he was going to be sick, was this the end?

[To A Tale of a Crimson and Emerald Heart]

He had washed up ashore of a stream that flowed out from the underground caverns he had fallen in to. He was alone now, nobody around, no way of knowing if anybody else survived. The words of the foul demon he had spoken to filled his mind.

‘If you survive you’ll know where to find me.’ He needed to get back to the city and warn Oviah.

He stood using his sword as a crutch, it was going to take a bit before he could move at a decent pace, his body had been damaged in the tumble of the tide. The Charr had surely amassed enough for another shot at the city, but the threat was clearly far worse now then some simple rebellion. He’d continue on his way and find out the demons plans and stop them before they came to fruition. 

He would first travel back to the fort and search for survivors there. Hopefully a horse would be available to take him back to Oviah before it was too late. Coming over the hill he could hear screams of horror, smoke rose from the fort, while he’d been out it was clear his enemy had made a move on the small structure. 

The thought of revenge was undeniably on his mind but gaining a horse was excuse enough to strike at this smaller party. As he observed closer however it was suddenly clear the situation was more dire than he originally thought.

Laying prone he could see prisoners being rounded up by Charr and some other race as well as some Choya. He grabbed his bow, if he didn’t rescue these prisoners no doubt they would be executed shortly, he needed to act fast and save those he could. Preparing to take a shot he observed as one of the bird like creatures dragged two soldiers by their necks through the snow.

He fired his bow as it tore through the Charr guarding outside the fort. They fell to the ground as the nearby Choya charged toward him.The Choya fired their own naturally occurring spikes back at him, he ducked as they slammed inflamed the snow behind him.
The bird like creature charged at him extending its wings as if it thought it could get to him in such a short amount of time. He fired his bow at the Choya thinning their numbers before turning it upon the figure now soaring through the air toward him. 

He unsheathed his sword just as a katana came down upon him locking with his long sword. Revan broke the stalemate and elbowed the fragile boned creature before stabbing his sword through its chest. Its death seemed to cause the entire force inside to go crazy. Up above on the wall was what appeared to be some sort of head honcho, someone in charge, someone that needed to die.

He raced through the snow, sprinting his way toward the prisoners who even now were arming themselves with whatever they could find. Taking this fortress back needed to be quick or not at all. Leading the prisoners Revan entered inside rolling out of the way of  more spikes as the Charr yelled for their smaller allies to fire.

Green liquids dispersed over the white snow as the Choya were easily overwhelmed. The feral Charr stood little chance of stopping Revan as he freed more prisoners. Always however with the bird like leader watching, studying him carefully. 

Revan continued cutting through more Charr as the prisoners followed behind him, assisting him where they could. Revan was almost out of Charr to kill when he finally came to a pause and looked up above him at the top of the tower.

“Sir, we’ve won the Charr are almost completely wiped out.” Shouted one of the freed prisoners. 

“It’s not over yet.” Two of his allies were stabbed from behind as the bird creatures appeared from behind.

Revan locked swords with one while dodging the blow of the other. With full force he swung his body around and rammed his sword through the creatures arm, sliding it out the other one slashed at his back causing him tremendous amounts of pain. He kicked the creature sending it collapsing to the floor as he impaled it on the ground. The one behind him charged but Revan punched it in the face.

Revan looked back up at the tower to see his adversary gone. “Where is your leader?”

Revan turned to see the bird creature impale itself and cut itself open, excessive Revan thought.
Tugging his sword from the corpse he heard footsteps behind him.

“I am Qiabuya, and you Revan Noctis will not escape this place.” Qiabuya held two Katanas in his hands.

“You helped Shadowripper, why?” Revan asked.

“For too long my kind, the Tengu have watched as your kind claim dominance over these lands.” “I intend to free my people and to do that you and the mockery of order you stand for must fall.”

Revan’s sword sparked as it blocked the swift blow from his foes Katana, the second weapon slashed him across the back causing him tremendous pain as he collapsed to the ground. 

“You’re a mere fool, you may be a Prime but I have lived and trained here for years.” The two Katanas were twisted ready to stab into Revan’s back.

“I know, I didn’t come from a world where you had things so easy.” Revan said swinging his sword back and blocking both weapons.

Revan threw snow into the bird’s eye as he leapt up with his Long sword and pushed the more frail being back. Qiabuya kicked up and knocked Revan back onto the ground, Revan however managed to roll back and found himself in a crouched position.

“Your kind is always so over privelaged, tell me, how does it feel being a Prime?” Qiabuya asked.

“It feels like I’m stronger than I ever was.” Revan declared standing to his full height.

“Just because you’re a Prime doesn’t make you all powerful, nor does it make you worthy of anything!” Qiabuya shouted shooting forward.

Their swords clashed again as both opponents angers overwhelmed them. Eventually both came to a pause, both struggled to find their breath.
Revan’s ball of fire shot out of his hand as he targeted Qiabuya. Qiabuya threw his Katanas up into a cross as he blocked the flames, shrugging them off he swung both weapons one at a time to slash as Revan moved backward. Qiabuya over extended himself as Revan elbowed his enemy in the head.

“You can’t save these Humans, why don’t you just move on?” Qiabuya asked now bleeding from the beak.

“It would be wrong.” Revan replied bringing up his Long sword ready to strike.

“Shadowripper is not what you or your fellow creatures believe him to be, he is a monster!”

“Perhaps a monster is what we need!” Qiabuya roared back.

“So your answer is genocide, what kind of an honourable warrior are you?” Revan challenged.

“You dare question my honour!” Qiabuya darted forward again but Revan was ready as he leapt out of the way causing his foe to fall forward into the snow.

“Qiabuya, I understand you’re trying to defend the people of Camelot that you see need defending, but assisting Shadowripper goes against everhting you fight for.”

“You’ll slaughter all that aren’t Human.” He spat back turning his head to glare at Revan.

“You have my word, I will stop Shadowripper and put a stop to this fighting before it claims more lives.”

“The siege will begin before you can make it, I hope for your sake Shadowripper is not as competent as he leads us all to believe.” Qiabuya raises himself up from the ground.

“I will let you leave now Revan Noctis, but next time we meet, we will finish this.”

“I’m hoping before then you’ll have changed your mind.”

Qiabuya began walking away as the surviving prisoners stared in confusion, looking to Revan for answers.

“He isn’t our problem right now, we must help Lady Oviah and save Maple Falls!” Revan declared.

“We march now!” He began leading the march toward Maple Falls.

Hundreds of citizens fled the flames as Choya ran on tiny legs around the burning houses. Their needles cut down viciously any guards or soldiers that remained to defend their peoples homes. All fled toward the city where the nearby castle ruled by 
Lady Oviah now awaited an attack. Revan stabbed his sword through the chest of one of the Choya, these scum were nothing but opportunities sneakily staying behind for their own selfish desires. The true army made up of the stone warriors that had been summoned now marched ahead lead by one that had been named Shadowripper, but Revan had come to realise that name had probably always been a lie. 

The surviving soldiers that had joined him had armed themselves well but they would be little match for the stone guardians now being used against them. Revan and this small band had no way of challenging the army ahead and getting into the city would most likely be the best course, it was however something he felt he needed to do alone.

“Get these people to safety, I’m going to get into the city.” Revan told them.

“What about Lady Oviah?” Their ranking member asked.

“I’ll save her, don’t worry.” Revan ran for the sewer entrance.

The sewer stunk as one would imagine but Revan found himself daring to enter with the knowledge that if he didn’t the entire realm of Camelot could collapse into total strife. Only after entering did it occur to him that the enemy may have sought entrance this way as well. Choya emerged from the slimey water and fired at him, aiming his bow his arrows whizzed through the darkness and splattered green goop along the old stone walls.

Slaying three Choya in quick succession Revan discovered a sewer grate that opened up into the city itself. Revan dripping with the most horrid fluid he’d ever found himself in slipped up into the streets. Two Charr approached swords drawn. Revan could tell the exact moment they began to smell him as they entered into a coughing fit. Revan wasted no time thrusting forward and cut through both of them with ease. The people of Maple Falls were all fleeing toward the castle and Revan knew he’d soon have to face these stone creations.

“No, help me!” A woman shouted on the ground as a stone warrior stood over her and raised its sword.

Revan cut through its arm and then sliced it into two, its remains fell to the ground as the woman ran off in terror. His sword had cleaved through the stone creatures easily enough but even he found himself shocked at how many there were. Hundreds poured through the streets slaying all in their path that attempted to stand against them. Three of the Stone Warriors approached behind him. Revan launched a fire ball into the lead warrior’s face as it burst into a thousand jagged pieces. The other two showed no sign of hesitation as they slowly raised their swords and continued their approach. Revan raised his sword noticing another two had abandoned their chase of the city dwellers and were now being drawn to him.

“Lady Oviah, I will be there soon!” He lunged, striking forward.