Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joining: M1R4

[Image: o1AJ9qDyyJNSpZWhUgGYc3MngFqoAMzzkgjRvKPs...h&mode=fit]
"I am more than a sum of ones and zeroes"

Name
M1R4 / MIRA

Character Source
Original. Multiple sources. Image credit goes to Jan Goszyk.

Character History

M1R4 is the result of a fully automated AI-run facility's attempt at creating a fully synthetic, silicon and metal based physiology by replacing organic cells with synthetic nanites. Unfortunately, the M1R1 to M1R3 attempts were failures (the nanites, after achieving a certain number, would develop sentience and refuse to be overwritten and serve as a body for the AI.) and by the time the M1R4 attempt was started, the nanites were stolen from the complex by two members of a mysterious paramilitary organization. They achieved this by inserting a virus in the AI's programming and infiltrating the facility through the cooling vents. Coincidentally, the woman was also named Mira.

The time it took for the AI to purge itself and reboot two of its three cores, the humans had made it out of the facility and were well on their way to their getaway vehicle. Fully reactivating, the facility converted part of its walls into two hunter-killer drones and ran down the humans, mowing them and their escape vehicle down. The bullets used, however, were too high a caliber and shot through both the humans AND the container isolating the precious nanites from the outside world. They started replicating and taking the form of the first object they came into contact with. The body of the fallen operative, Mira. Even an attempt at stopping the process with flamethrowers were unsuccessful and the now-synthetic woman, cells replaces by nanites at a one-to-one ratio, stood and destroyed the two drones.

This did not come without cost, however. A severely damaged, incomplete M1R4 / Mira lay sprawled on the floor, running out of energy, programming corrupted, before deactivating completely and being led into the Omniverse.

Physical Description

Eyes: Grey
Hair: White, in a short-ish messy bob that goes down to just under her jawline.
Height: Six ft. Two in.
Weight: 178kg, plus or minus a couple of decimals. (She IS made mostly of silicates and metals, after all.)
Color: Most of her body is a dark shade of gunmetal grey, yet smooth and almost skin-like to the touch. Only her face has retained a bit of M1R4's template host's physical appearance, porcelain-skinned, with a triple-scar over her left brow which merges and continues from under her left eye to her upper lip.
Shape: Trim, fit, reasonably endowed yet without vulgarity or excess.
Recognizable traits: Scarred face, noticeably different color between face and body. Her under-jaw was extrapolated (wrongly) by the nanites during reconstruction, the original having been destroyed. This left her with a lower jaw that seems to give her a bit of a, shall we say, under-bite? The leftovers from her lower lip can be seen protruding wrongly from behind the teeth. The effect itself is quite bizarre to the normal human, but not entirely inefficient or as weird to species with an exoskeleton, or even attractive to space orks, really...
Clothing: Skin tight bodysuit, tight enough that it does not show anything unseemly if she is expecting a fight. Regular humanoid clothing otherwise, usually selected to somewhat attempt to blend in with local culture.

Stats
(Current total : 10)
ATK: 1
Contrary to expectation, M1R4's current encounters have seen her combat protocols and assault power reduced drastically due to accumulated damage and omni physics.
DEF: 1
M1R4's resilience is likewise reduced.
SPD: 4
Being a machine, inertia and g-force limitations do not affect her (no blood pumping problems) the same way it would a human, allowing for faster motion and reaction.
TEC: 4
High processing power and reaction times, not to mention memory and combat adaptability, as expected of a sentient machine.

(Please do note that due to the extreme damage received following her "birthing" process and subsequent fight, as far as strength and resilience goes, she's hardly any better than an average human [which both explains her diminished power fluff-wise and avoids godmoding caveats]. Her current advantage comes from high processing power, subsequent speed, and precision which are all due to her artificial nature. This will evidently change as she develops / repairs herself using omnilium. This will be further elaborated on as she explores "omni physics" during the first few posts on the nexus.)

Starting proficiency
(total spent: 2600 OM)

Strength Proficiency 1000 OM
Ranged Proficiency 1000 OM
Ranged Control Proficiency 600 OM

Starting powers
(Total spent: 1400)

Malleability (1000)
M1R4's body is composed of trillions of cell-sized nano-bots. Alone, these are practically useless, but in larger group, parallel processing permits a heightened control over her own body and body shape, permitting her to relocate parts of, or even open holes in, her anatomy.
Hive Mind (400)
Wireless transmission permits control of a severed parts' nanites for up to one hour, after which if not reattached, run out of energy and shut down, effectively falling to dust.

Moves
(Total spent 900)

Magnetized Grappling-Hook Claw: (300 OM)
(Required Prof: Malleability, physical prof, Ranged prof, Remote control)

[Image: grapple_th.jpg]

M1R4 transforms a limb into an oversized three-pronged hook (see image, 3ft. diameter) before rapidly extending said limb to a surface at twenty meters max range.
After securely grabbing/magnetically(/omniphysics?) adhering onto the target, she pulls herself to the target by rewinding her arm's extended length back to normal.

Speed: 3 seconds total. (1 for hook, 1 for pull.) The use of the move does however require her to square her stance and stop running before firing so the extension's recoil does not send her flying (third second is to assume proper stance).
Aim: Is controlled by the main body and thus can be adjusted mid-movement. Visual confirmation of target needed for proper, speedy deployment.
Power: No damage. Mobility/gap closing move.
Lingering effect: Putting a little precision here, this is NOT a grappling move in the combat sense of the term. It will NOT permit her to hold onto an opponent or immobilize an opponent, just yoink herself to them. (Since no opponent in their right mind would let someone just latch onto you and stay latched)
If this is not a break of balance requiring the cost of the move be upped to 600 om, I would however like the move to permit her hanging off a non-character target.
Multiple consecutive uses are energy-draining. Overuse may force sleep mode.

TLDR: Hookshot

Incomplete H0RN3T RC weapons pod protocols: (600OM)
(Malleability, Ranged prof, Remote control, hive mind)
[Image: DZQRL]

M1R4's only currently operable offensive systems, reduced from it's full potential by her recent... encounters. Blueprints were apparently modified from basic marksman-H droid [Star Wards]. (see image for looks)
Sacrificing 1/20th of her nanite synthmass (usually part of her skin), she manufactures a H0RN3T weapons pod. This deals a small amount of damage (was one before correction)(PER pod) to her since disassembly protocols being currently inoperable render rapid rejoining with the pod an impossibility. (If disassembly is bought, I will resubmit the move in the move thread with proper justification with the 1 damage being inflicted only upon H0RN3T's destruction, instead of upon spawning). (Open to self-damage increase if admins judge necessary, I just went with 1/20th of her mass = 1/20th of her hp.) M1R4 cannot control more than two at a time.

Size: 15cm in diameter
Speed: 4 seconds to eject. Manufactured in her torso and ejected through her back (takes one round in competitive before the first two can be spawned). Major torso wounds render this function inoperable until repaired. Hover speed is one-fourth of Mira's Max speed (~80mph @ 4 spd as per the rules), thus 20 mph. Hover height does not surpass 6ft.2" (M1R4's height, or where someone could hold a gun if holding it above their head). Movement patterns are controlled with erratic movements to reduce ease of target. Projectile speed is arrow-speed.
Aim: The pods are remote controlled, not self operated. As such, M1R4 needs visual confirmation on the target. Their shots are linear up to ten meters then start falling off.
Power/damage: This move is more of a pain in the rear to deal with than powerful damage-wise. The damage itself is average.
Ammo type and ROF: Contrary to standard laser-based functions, the H0RN3T was repurposed to fire small, four inch long and eighth of an inch at it's thickest, metal needles in clusters of three (these stay close enough to each other not to be counted as AOE damage, it's single target-fire only). A pod can fire three times with a three second delay between shots before needing to fly back to M1R4 for reloading.
Range: In order to be efficiently controlled without lag, the pod must not stray further than twenty-five meters from M1R4, and it's own effective fire range is ten meters. Past that, the needles lose velocity, altitude and thus, power.
Resilience: Practically nil. These are offense-minded and can be destroyed by most attacks in one hit. They are hard to hit, however, usually constantly being hovered fast and erratically, making their path hard to predict.

----
*Extra help, because I'm a nice guy(that's a lie), for taking these out, since they can be annoying flying around erratically and being all hard to hit while they poke at your butt (and that might make admins people somewhat worried ;) ): use the force (or do if you're one of those characters), AOE attacks, homing attacks, debuffs, supers, foresight, surpassing M1R4's speed (the pods can't move fast enough to dodge), surpassing M1R4's tech (you figure out the algorithm and predict where it's going to go next), me letting them get shot down on purpose because frag godmoding, etc.*
----

TLDR: Ball-shaped, floating 3 needle-firing burst-rifle with three shots (2 sec. between shots) that fly around and annoy people mid-fight.

Total OM spent, 2600 (prof) + 1400 (power) + 900 (moves) = 4900 om spent total.

I confirm that I have read the rules of conduct.
I do, I have, and I even inspected the rest of the Rules index.

Where did you find us?
Google.

Thanks ;)
Sorry if the brick is too big, let me know if you want me to shorten anything. Account profile will be updated if the character is not outright rejected (don't see why but I like admins having breathing room).

EDITS: One incomplete sentence and a few spelling mistakes that had escaped me.

Nice character concept you have here. I just need a few things before we get you going.

From the Rules: Roleplaying Process.
Quote:While some sites have a set format to posts, we do not. There is no minimum word count, and you can choose to write first-person, third person, past tense, present tense. We do feel that some methods suit different situations better, but we're loose about this. The only thing we do not allow is 'chat' style roleplaying. It has to be written prose. 

We'll need dialogue to be framed withing sentences, within quotations. 
-

Your backstory was a fun read, however, it was more of a scene roleplayed out than a summarized backstory. That portion isn't needed, and in fact, can actually be posted, IC(In Character), in the Nexus. Many players recreate the moments before they meet Omni in Nexus and this is perfectly fine. (Rewards you with Omnilium too! Just fix the dialogue first.) So instead, I would like for you to remove that scene from the backstory and flesh this portion out, into two or three more paragraphs:

Quote:OK, that's it. TLDR for those who do not want to go through the brick: Humans steal nanites from AI research lab, lab kills humans, in doing so frees the nanites, nanites attach to dead woman's cells at a 1-1 ratio, using it as blueprint for humanoid form. Newborn synthhuman fights off two killer drones and ends up partially destroyed in the process, forcing shutdown, which leads to the familiar Omni scene.
-

Grappling Hook: Fine at 300.
-

H0RN3T: Looks good at 600, however... 

We like to keep damage vague and not hard-lined. Instead of numbers, think in terms of minor, moderate, and severe damage. While more effect due to the damage recoil, these drones will still be less effective than a player or an Assist, and will still take concentration on your part to maintain control of. 
From Rules: Sample Moves
Quote:Omni's Note: Summoning beings with true sentience and independence always requires the use of an Assist. However, this is an example of a move that summons single-minded creatures who can perform specific tasks or be mentally controlled by the user directly using their own focus (Remote-Control Proficiency). Note the balance: these creatures are weak and can be killed with a single direct hit, hence the relatively low energy cost to summon.

Also, how many can M1R4 have deployed at a time?
-

Go over these things and we'll have you up, on-line, and jacked into the Omni in a jiffy. ^_^
Dante's Abyss 2015
   GRAND CHAMPION   
[Image: Sasuke_DA_zpsb4vizgxd.png]       
Mark Twain Wrote:"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."

Quote:We'll need dialogue to be framed withing sentences, within quotations.

Worst part is I read it and had a complete brain fart on that.   Derp Will update before posting. History scene removed in favor of historic synopsis. Will fix into prose. Done.

Confirming grappling hook is fine at 300. (included hanging onto non-character surfaces by said grappling hook at the cost of fatigue / energy loss? Just to be sure).

Quote:H0RN3T: Looks good at 600, however... 

We like to keep damage vague and not hard-lined. Instead of numbers, think in terms of minor, moderate, and severe damage. While more effect due to the damage recoil, these drones will still be less effective than a player or an Assist, and will still take concentration on your part to maintain control of. 
From Rules: Sample Moves
Quote: Wrote:Omni's Note: Summoning beings with true sentience and independence always requires the use of an Assist. However, this is an example of a move that summons single-minded creatures who can perform specific tasks or be mentally controlled by the user directly using their own focus (Remote-Control Proficiency). Note the balance: these creatures are weak and can be killed with a single direct hit, hence the relatively low energy cost to summon.

Also, how many can M1R4 have deployed at a time?

Confirming that the drones are a part of her body. (hive mind +/ remote control, damage upon spawning is due to lack of disassembly). Figured that would make it both fluff and balance-friendly (I'm gonna assume you meant that this is the damage you wanted to keep vague, so I fixed it). Also why I named them Weapons pods, and not something like Droid or bot or whatever. They are not independent entities, if she's somehow disabled (Knocked out, stunned, etc), they fall to the ground, useless.

Confirming they (H0RN3Ts) are not assists or characters, as such, they are not as strong as characters or assists. Confirming it is mentioned in their resilience that they are one-hit-killable, and that I am fully aware and agree with the fact. I really see it more like a way to remote-control a rifle or weapon, and way to shoot someone from behind or something (if you need an archetype for it). I kept it levitating no higher than Mira's height due to the current lack of "flight" power.

Confirming they require processing power to use (her equivalent of concentration/focus). I do not mind representing that with a 0.5 self-debuff to TEC per pod while they are in use if you wish me to statistically underline that fact on top of role-playing it.

Confirming max number of deployment is already mentioned (2), figured that would be a fair number (I.E. flexible enough to strategize but avoiding the "hey, im gonna sacrificed half my HP to litt. nail someone to the wall caveat). Please let me know if you need that changed / modified. Underlined those details in the OP to facilitate finding the info. Barred out all fluff / non-essential comments to cleanup the moves and make it easier to find things. Should I delete them in the re-post in the roster once this is all approved, to make things a bit easier? 

Apologies for the messy presentation by-the-by, I'm somewhat new to this. ^_^ And thanks for taking the time to wade through everything I wrote.

Confirming grappling hook is fine.

Confirming that H0RN3T is fine with the caveat that each pod takes moderate concentration and will prove difficult to maintain under stress and/or difficult action. (That's all and no need for further balance.)  

Approved!!!

Name: Mira (M1R4)
Level: 1
Spent OM: 4,900
Proficiencies(2600): Physical Strength (1000), Ranged (1000), Ranged Control (600)
Powers(1400/8000): Malleability (1000), Hive Mind (400)
Moves(900): Magnetized Grappling-Hook Claw (300), Incomplete H0RN3T RC weapons pod protocols: (600), 
Super Moves: 
Transformations: 
Assists: 
Items: 
Bases: 
Unlocks: 
Base stats: 
ATK: 1
DEF: 1
SPD: 4
TEC: 4

Now make a new thread in the Roster forum titled M1R4 and paste only this form into the first post. I highly encourage you then make additional posts in that thread that provide further details about your character. Before you do anything else, make sure to read this thread as it will give you helpful tips as to how to proceed. Lastly, for any future purchases, use this thread.

A higher ranking member of staff will get your account activated, but I'd like to say congratulations and welcome to the Omniverse!!! ^_^
Dante's Abyss 2015
   GRAND CHAMPION   
[Image: Sasuke_DA_zpsb4vizgxd.png]       
Mark Twain Wrote:"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."

Got it, will do, will fill, and thanks for the welcome! (will also update profile, avatar and put roster link in profile once posted, should all be done by tomorrow, gonna get some sleep just now.)