Switch: Greed

CHARACTER NAME: Greedling

CHARACTER SOURCE: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

CHARACTER HISTORY:
now this is a story all about how
my life got flipped turned upside down
now i’d like to take a minute, my name is ling
i’ll tell you how i became the best prince of xing

Hey, you guys watch this show called Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? No? Well uh, Greed is this kind of thing called a Homunculus, who are sins given bodies from this other guy also called Homunculus, it’s pretty confusing actually but don’t worry about it, watch the anime or something if you want to understand it. Anyway Greed is probably the shittiest child of the bunch, basically the family disappointment, and no one likes him. So he like, left 100 years ago to go do his own thing and open a shitty bar somewhere and make a bunch of chimera friends. I mean, purportedly he was trying to take over the world, but he sucks so that was all he managed to do. His dad was extremely disappointed in him, so once they met up again dad killed him.

Don’t worry, he got better! Now he’s Chinese.

Well actually, he’s in the body of a Chinese guy named Ling Yao, the 12th prince of Xing. Ling wanted immortality, which was like, one of the stated powers of being a homunculus so that worked out, but he wasn’t too thrilled about having the demonic equivalent of the ugly stepchild in his brain. He learned to deal with it pretty quickly though, so they’re cool now. They have “nondescript screaming soul abyss brain room” talks sometimes, and they pass around the body like a slightly used rental car between them if need be.

However, during the 6 month time skip before the last arc of FMA, now they’re here suddenly! Wooooo, spooky!

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
[Image: DmwyqPwUYAEUbc3.jpg?width=430&height=600]

STATS:
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
SPD: 2
TEC: 1

STARTING PROFICIENCIES: Physical Strength (1000), Area Defense (400)

STARTING POWERS: Advanced Regeneration (2200)

STARTING MOVES:

Ultimate Shield (900 OM)
Requires Area Defense, Physical Strength
Greed can rearrange the carbon atoms in his skin to form an extremely hard “barrier” over all or part of his body. His most common usage is to give himself claws on his fingertips which can be used for exactly what you would expect. He can also cover his whole body in the shield and it will be, uh, shielded. It looks like this. However, he cannot use his shield while he is regenerating. Also, the full shield is cripplingly fucking ugly, and he refuses to use it unless he’s showing off how strong he is. It takes about 10 seconds to cover his full body, and he typically starts at the extremities because unlike his face he can make those look cool.

I confirm that I have read and agreed to the Rules of Conduct.

Where did you find us?
basically: my alt is a revolving door for whatever new asshole enters my heart
[Image: tumblr_p3ylcpdV8C1qgi9kto4_r3_500.png]

Ultimate Shield - 300 for claws, 300 for whole body and 300 for being able to use it in small areas throughout the body (I assume)?

How long does it take for the claws to form, How long does it take for the smaller - localized - areas to form (if that was a use you were going for), and what sort of damage can the shield take before it starts to crack away?

Dumb. I forgot to add, Yes, and Changes in Bold.

Ultimate Shield (900 OM)
Requires Area Defense, Physical Strength
Greed can rearrange the carbon atoms in his skin to form an extremely hard “barrier” over all or part of his body. His most common usage is to give himself claws on his fingertips which can be used for exactly what you would expect. He can also cover his whole body in the shield and it will be, uh, shielded. This shield is highly resistant to physical damage, able to deflect most caliber bullets with ease and impossible for conventional blades to puncture. However, certain types of magical damage and chemical weaponry cause it to become extremely brittle, basically like a thin sheet of glass. It looks like this. However, he cannot use his shield while he is regenerating. Also, the full shield is cripplingly fucking ugly, and he refuses to use it unless he’s showing off how strong he is. Covering just one hand to use his claws takes about a second, whereas covering larger portions of his body takes more time proportional to the area covered. It takes about 10 seconds to cover his full body, and he typically starts at the extremities because unlike his face he can make those look cool.

Just letting you know that I did see this, will give it the proper gander in the morning during my coffee. Will probably just update this post, so be alert.

I just have a problem with this line;

"able to deflect most caliber bullets with ease and impossible for conventional blades to puncture."

I think that this makes it a little too powerful of a move (to not be part of an alt/powered up form or transformation).

I would suggest toning it back a little (but you'd still be able to take a lot of punishment before it starts break considering your DEF)

I mean, but he already has that defense by default by being Defense 5, I basically just rephrased this rule:

“5: Mega resilient, most-calibur bullets will not break skin with just one bullet.”

The move is just what makes him Defense 5 in the first place. But there’s not exactly a non-gamey way to say “well without this he’s really like, defense 2 at best?”

if the fully armoured version is only to represent his 5 DEF while in battle, then that's alright for free.

So the move will just be 600 for the claws and the variability of a smaller armoured area on the body.

Sorry this took so long. I'll have your name change and roster form done shortly.

Name: Greed
Spent OM: 4200
Consumed OM: 0
Proficiencies (1400): Physical Strength (1000), Area Defense (400)
Powers (2200/8000): Advanced Regeneration (2200)
Moves (600): Ultimate Shield (600)
Super Moves (0):
Transformations (0):
Assists (0):
Items:
Artefacts:
Consumed OM (0):
Bases:
Unlocks (0):
Base stats:
ATK: 2
DEF: 5