Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masks - tabletop rpg

Masks is a unique kind of system that focuses on the psychological aspect of becoming a superhero in a world that already has more than they need. Instead of balancing stat sheets and hit dice, you'll need to balance school, home life, work, crime fighting, and your relationship with your team and others. 

For now, this is just an interest check. I'd prefer to run in groups of 5, but smaller groups will do fine. I do suggest signing up with a friend or two though. Instead of typical DnD sessions, I'll either create a discord server or a thread here in the arcade, and let the group go back and forth until a roll needs to be made. 

All the basic information you need can be found here: https://www.magpiegames.com/masks/

The ten different playbooks, or "classes" are:
The Bull – You’re tough, gruff, and powerful on the outside, and caring on the inside—oh, and you were made by an evil organization that’d love to get you back: can you learn to rely on the team enough to save you from yourself?

The Nova – You’re amazingly, egregiously, horrifyingly powerful, and keeping control is a struggle: can you come to terms with your power before it destroys you? Or someone you care about?

The Outsider – You’re not from here, and you don’t quite understand this place, but you find it fascinating: can you find a way to belong? Or will you always be different?

The Legacy – You’re carrying on a long tradition of heroism and nobility: how can you balance that legacy with your own identity?

The Protege – You’re tied to a mentor who trained you: do you want to be them? Or someone else entirely?

The Janus – You put on the mask, become someone different, escape your mundane life, but you know your responsibilities are always waiting for you: who are you really? The mask or the mundane?

The Delinquent – You’re a rabble-rouser, a rules-breaker, and an incorrigible prankster, someone who pushes people away while secretly wishing they would stay close: can you stop being a little shit for long enough to let them know you actually care?

The Doomed – Your powers are killing you; they come with some awful, nightmarish fate. But until that end comes, you’re going to work to change the world: how much are you willing to give up for your cause before your doom comes?

The Transformed – You don’t look human anymore and the world won’t let you forget it: can you learn to accept yourself? Can you deal with their looks, stares, and fear without becoming the monster they see?

The Beacon – You’re here because this is awesome, and you may not quite fit in, but screw it, you’re going to do this anyway: can you prove that you actually deserve to be here? Or are you just a wannabe?

Team 1:
Jak
13-jzall
Taloc
Desman
Centurion
[Image: ESUBadge_zpshhp8mype.png]

Put me down for a possible yes, but if there are too many people in the end I'd be fine with leaving.
My armour is steel.
My shield is logic.
My weapon is faith.

By the Omnissiah I will let none survive.

Put me down
[Image: marcus%20wright%20sig.png]

[Image: ytLTikp.png?1]

New characters or our current ones? In a different, non Canon setting of course
In battle it is important to keep a sharp blade

But it is by far more important to keep a sharp mind.

(03-03-2019, 11:14 PM)13-Jzall Wrote: Put me down for a possible yes, but if there are too many people in the end I'd be fine with leaving.
If there's more than 5 people i'll just start a new group. If we end up with 1 or 2 extras then i'll take someone out of a full group to make a trio

(03-03-2019, 11:15 PM)Taloc Wrote: New characters or our current ones? In a different, non Canon setting of course

Whatever floats your boat, really. you can keep the same characters and give them new powers, or make a new one completely. Your characters won't know each other personally unless you decide on it in character creation, but that also comes with a small cost.

I guess I'm in. When do we go into character creation and what not?

(03-04-2019, 08:07 PM)Taloc Wrote: I guess I'm in. When do we go into character creation and what not?

I'll start the official character creation when we have a full team of 5 OR after two weeks have passed. Before then, feel free to look through the playbooks to decide which archetype you want. I'll allow mixing the archetypes too, but your powers will all be from one book - ex. Proteges with a Janet backstory, or a mix of Legacy and Delinquent. You'll be using the playbook for the type you fit closest, so don't worry too much about stereotyping the character to fit the book. After all. The game is about character development, not beating things up with sticks.

I'd be down
[Image: Darkdata.png]

Yuuka Kazami:Des is like that one meme like... "How many levels of Omniverse are you on?"

Revan Noctis : Desman what are you currently doing in the omniverse?
Desman Black: I'm faking an engagement to a sex deamon to stop two samurai I accidently summoned whipping them in half, while also trying to stop them from doing the same thing to my best freind who is currently having relations with said deamon, and wh has now accidently summoned his previous girlfreind. So you know... normal stuff

Alrighty, Team 1. Would you like to do everything in a thread here on the Omniverse or play the game privately in a Discord server?

Probably OV because I can't always access discord.
My armour is steel.
My shield is logic.
My weapon is faith.

By the Omnissiah I will let none survive.

I vote for a discord server. More private, easier to use, and we can name ourselves!
From Hawaii, With Love
[Image: W4PxwDv.jpg]

Siding with centurion, also the fact it helps seperate the two for each other for me, which while no entirely nesserary, does help me a little bit,
[Image: Darkdata.png]

Yuuka Kazami:Des is like that one meme like... "How many levels of Omniverse are you on?"

Revan Noctis : Desman what are you currently doing in the omniverse?
Desman Black: I'm faking an engagement to a sex deamon to stop two samurai I accidently summoned whipping them in half, while also trying to stop them from doing the same thing to my best freind who is currently having relations with said deamon, and wh has now accidently summoned his previous girlfreind. So you know... normal stuff

Well... the discord server would be easier to manage while I'm off my computer, which is often. It also leaves the whole game as a more relaxed RP type game. On the other hand, Doing it on the site would leave it out where anyone could read...

(03-05-2019, 12:31 AM)13-Jzall Wrote: Probably OV because I can't always access discord.

Can't always access as in, you can't be on discord while you're at school, or can't always be on as in unsteady internet?

Discord would be easier for me
[Image: marcus%20wright%20sig.png]

[Image: ytLTikp.png?1]