Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joining Toshizu Garreaux (Bloodborne)

CHARACTER NAME: Toshizu Garreaux

CHARACTER SOURCE: Bloodborne

CHARACTER HISTORY: Toshizu or Toshi as his more familiar associates call him was an orphan from the Eastern Lands.  He grew up in the slums of Kagure before getting a job at a local distillery.  After a rash of fainting spells he was taken to the doctor where at 19  years of age he found out he was dying from a defective heart condition.  When seeking advice from the master distiller who had taken him in, the old mentor began to tell a tale from his younger years. A few decades ago there was another young man named Yamamura who also suffered from a terminal condition.  This young man had mentioned that in the West there was a mysterious town called Yharnam that offered a mysterious type of healing practice that used blood of some kind to cure even the most severe of ailments and had left in search of this mysterious source of healing.  With no other option Toshi left his village to embark on the same pilgrimage in hopes of not dying within the next 3 years (at the most). After searching far and wide inquiring about this seemingly unknown place he had followed enough clues that he arrived at Yharnam’s gate.  The town was cold and unwelcoming but eventually while wandering a strange woman stopped him off the street simply asked “Do you want to live?” When he said yes, the young looking woman with piercing green eyes led him to a run down cathedral and began to set up some kind of blood transfusion procedure. While she did this Toshi inquired about the amount of payment to which she responded with he would pay with a pact of service.  She then told him that the terms would be detailed after the procedure due to her examination of his condition revealing he in fact would die today if not treated.  Willing to try anything he consented to the procedure only to have hallucinations of eldritch horrors and sanguine beasts during it’s length causing him to pass out.  
When he awoke he found that the “old blood” they had used in the transfusion had actually given him some of the beast properties such as speed, ferocity, and strenght.  He was told that in exchange for saving his life he would use his new gifts to train to fight a returning infestation and scourge of beast that was ravaging the city like a plague.  He was paired with the green eyed woman who had carried out his procedure.  Her name was Yvonne and one of the Hunter’s Guild ranking members. He was assigned as her apprentice who he served under for almost a year protecting the town and surrounding territories from attacks and the infected denizens.  But the types of monsters they encountered became more and more fearsome and plentiful.  He began to doubt the effectiveness of their work.
One night the Guild Hall and his home was ambushed and sieged by one of the largest beasts he had ever seen followed by a swarm of tendril bearing eldritch monstrosities.  When it had finally broken through there was chaos, comrades were dying left and right.  He and Yvonne had been busy trying to bring down the hulking horror that had broken the Hall’s doors.  The beast was resilient but eventually began to weaken under their attacks, in a last surge of strength it swiped at Yvonne with the intent of impaling her and taking her down with it.  Toshi tried to stop it but instead caught the claw in his abdomen. He  lay there bleeding with wounds too great to heal with simple blood vials.  Content to have his last moments being held by his teacher and friend he closed his eyes to the sound of her voice before waking up in a new world.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Toshi is a slender 5’10” 160 lbs black haired  25 year old. His training plus the physiological changes from his blood transfusion have left him with tone dense muscles that although did not alter his overall lithe figure could accomplish great feats.  He wears his hair long on the top to give him layered bangs that he parts to the side or slicked back.  The sides and back are skin faded for practical reasons. His eyes are typically a dark amber brown but in moments of adrenaline or intense emotion they turn to a wolf like gold as a side effect of the “old blood.” He wears black trousers, a white linen shirt, a leather vest, topped with a leather split back hunter’s coat.  All black to blend into the shadows during a hunt.  Common hunter garb as plate did very little against larger beasts and slowed down the hunter’s mobility which was their most valued tool for survival. When hunting he don’s the rest of hunter equipment with his customized tool/weapon belt,a leather hunter’s lower face mask for keeping the intoxicating blood out of his nose and mouth, in addition the iconic hunter’s satchel and pack. All of their belongings are often near them due to the precarious nature of the city and their work. They need to be ready to evacuate or deploy as needed thus they usually don’t own much only what they can carry and still be light on their feet.  He does possess formal clothes for down time with his comrades and Guild celebrations but is just as at home wearing casual street clothes with boots.

STATS:
ATK:3
DEF:2
SPD:3
TEC:2

STARTING PROFICIENCIES::
Physical Proficiency (1000 OM)
Debuff (1000 OM)

STARTING POWERS:
Master Acrobat (400 OM)
Basic SuperJump (300 OM)

STARTING MOVES:
Vitola (requires physical proficiency, debuff) – 600 OM
A large, heavy (1.2Kg) black revolver with ivory grips the detailed scrollwork engravings are inlayed with silver and several Hunter runes.  The cylinder is capable of containing six large caliber quicksilver bullets.  Due to the nature of this weapon and the weight of its ammo firing at a distance is ineffective. It’s true purpose is to stun and stagger enemies at close range to allow for precise and deadly melee attacks.  It can be used as a weapon in and of itself within it’s effective range but the recoil is considerable only allowing for the mutated hunters to wield it effectively.  As a single action revolver it can roughly fire a bullet per second but to resight a target after the hefty recoil an additional 2 seconds must be used to fire accurately.  The shots hit with great force however they rather wild due to the huge amount of mass each round has and the necessary amount of gunpowder.  In order to place a stunning shot Toshi must pause for an additional second and lock his muscles in that arm in place to get the utmost precision, this muscle tension makes him unable to shoot for an addition 6 seconds while he unpacks his muscles to get full mobility in that limb again.  It is worn in a black beasthide holster worn on the thigh as part of a gun belt with more ammunition and a pouch for bullets on the opposite side of the hip.  At the lumbar part of the belt is a pouch for more Hunter’s tools, vials, and bullets. Effective range is about 6' with a maximum of 10'

Modified Chikage Trick Weapon (requires physical proficiency, debuff) - 600 OM
A 37" overall katana with a hidden channel beneath it’s ebony ciderite blade that can widen itself by deploying notched serrations extending past the blade’s natural edge.  The bo-hi (fuller or bloodgroove) is not visible but actually hidden beneath the surface it acts as a container for blood either the user’s or collected from the enemy. There are micro pores along the blade that allow for both absorption of blood or allowing some to weep and coat the weapon.  The controls to trigger the flow of blood and the deployment serrations are controlled by switches in the menuki (handle decoration in the middle) that is in the shape of a kitsune.  The metal of the blade actually poisons the blood when the two elements come in contact and agitated within the weapon.  In order to trigger this, the weapon must first be filled and then utilized in order to mix the poison before weeping it onto the weapon’s surface.  Between the potential poisonous capabilities and the bleeding effects (added via debuff).  The poison made from the blood mixed with the blade is neurotoxic and initially does not seem to do much, but the effects will compound the more is introduced into the system of an enemy following subsequent attacks (effects include delayed reflexes leading up to muscle failure, and finally organ failure due to corrupt blood coursing through them if enough is introduced into the body). Blood is absorbed through the same pores while cutting deep into either Genji's own or enemy bodies, It takes roughly 4 attacks to completely fill the blade on an enemy, or 1 being driven into his own body.  The technique may be reduced to 2 attacks on an enemy if the serrations are activated leaving more openings in the metal to absorb blood (This only works on unarmored targets or if the armor (or tough hide) has been shredded by the serrations already.
-Note, the length does not change between forms, it widens the blade by 1 inch when the serrated "teeth" are deployed. 
-Modified Chikage (I called this modified because with his existing initial power caps it would make sense if he couldn't quite weaponize blood in more than the basic poison, left room to upgrade with the blood form later.  The secondary mode is the poison, and serrations applying bleed and rapid compounding toxicity.  I hope this is more clear now.) 

Tier 1 Visceral attack (physical proficiency)  600 OM
-Toshizu allows the mutated blood inside him to partially transform his hand into that of a beast and drives it through the body of an enemy before ripping out whatever he can grab inside.  Opponents have to be in a vulnerable state such as out positioned (like their back facing him) or stunned for this action to become available.
Total OM Used (4500)
Leftover (500)
I confirm that I have read and agreed to the Rules of Conduct.

Where did you find out about us?
From Dust

Sorry for this long wait, Genji. Were looking over this tonight.
[Image: source.gif]
"Centurion: I'll leave you to your work then Dust. Thanks for chatting!
Me: no problem. stay awesome!
Centurion: It's more of a passive ability"

Alright. Let's break this down nice and simple. Welcome to the Omniverse, Hunter.

First and foremost, for ease of access and approval, I ask that you put the OM costs on your powers and proficiencies as well as the final totals for them. Minor nitpick, but still.

Now for the moves. I want to say that I LOVE the flavor you've put into all of them, but there are some major issues here...

Quote:
Vitola (requires physical proficiency, debuff) – 300 OM

A large, heavy (1.2Kg) black revolver with ivory grips the detailed scrollwork engravings are inlayed with silver and several Hunter runes.  The cylinder is capable of containing six large caliber quicksilver bullets.  Due to the nature of this weapon and the weight of its ammo firing at a distance is ineffective. It’s true purpose is to stun and stagger enemies at close range to allow for precise and deadly melee attacks.  It can be used as a weapon in and of itself within it’s effective range but the recoil is considerable only allowing for the mutated hunters to wield it effectively.  As a single action revolver it can roughly fire a bullet per second but to resight a target after the hefty recoil an additional 2 seconds must be used to fire accurately.  It is worn in a black beasthide holster worn on the thigh as part of a gun belt with more ammunition and a pouch for bullets on the opposite side of the hip.  At the lumbar part of the belt is a pouch for more Hunter’s tools, vials, and bullets.
Ok. For Vitola, there are a few notable things I need to bring up. I see what you are going for with the physical proficiency, but you still need to list a maximum range. If you set it to 6 feet then there would be no one here that could argue a gun not using ranged proficiency, but you are allowed to have it be at most 10 feet. Next, there aren't enough drawbacks here to warrant a stun, even for a second. As the move is written, I would easily say you could have it strike with a moderate force, which is also something that needs to be added, however, in order to add a stun effect I suggest you give it another firing type. Have Toshi pause for a second in order to aim and land that shot intended to stagger. It would have the same level of damage, but by having a charge up and a further cooldown due to recoil, that would be enough of a drawback to allow for a second of stun.
Unfortunately, this would also cost another 300 OM for this firing type. After doing some math, though, you should have enough.

Quote:
Modified Chikage Trick Weapon (requires physical proficiency, debuff) - 600 OM

A katana with a hidden channel beneath it’s ebony ciderite blade that can widen itself by deploying notched serrations extending past the blade’s natural edge.  The bo-hi (fuller or bloodgroove) is not visible but actually hidden beneath the surface it acts as a container for blood either the user’s or collected from the enemy. There are micro pores along the blade that allow for both absorption of blood or allowing some to weep and coat the weapon.  The controls to trigger the flow of blood and the deployment serrations are controlled by switches in the menuki (handle decoration in the middle) that is in the shape of a kitsune.  The metal of the blade actually poisons the blood when the two elements come in contact and agitated within the weapon.  In order to trigger this, the weapon must first be filled and then utilized in order to mix the poison before weeping it onto the weapon’s surface.

Oh, where to begin... Having played Bloodborne, I think I know the weapon you are talking about, which makes this a little bit easier. Starting off, I see no need for the debuff proficiency on this move. If you are going for some kind of debuff, then I suggest you make it more apparent in the description. Next up, we will need some kind of length on this weapon. Especially since memory tells me when the blood coats the blade it gets longer... Which brings me to the next thing, there is no description of what the second form of this weapon actually does. It does say that the blood being used can be either the users or the enemy's, but it doesn't say how it is collected from the user. Having played the game, I think that particular weapon involves stabbing it into your own gut, but it's been a while.
In conclusion, I need a length on both forms, general damage value, and more information as to what the weeped blood actually does for the weapon.

Quote:
Tier 1 Visceral attack (physical proficiency)  600 OM

-Toshizu allows the mutated blood inside him to partially transform his hand into that of a beast and drives it through the body of an enemy before ripping out whatever he can grab inside.  Seasoned enough hunters can even use this to collect blood to heal themselves depending on how much their physiology has changed from the transfusion.  Opponents have to be in a vulnerable state such as out positioned (like their back facing him) or stunned for this action to become available.

Ok, this will be rather easy. I have Good News and I have Bad News. Good news is with super moves there doesn't have to be any drawbacks. You can launch it whenever you want, so long as you have the SP for it. The bad news is, since you don't have the regeneration power, you would not be able to heal with this. I'm not entirely sure you could with the power, even, but still.

Take care of these and we can continue with the joining process. If you need any help, I'm sure dust would be happy to assist.
In battle it is important to keep a sharp blade

But it is by far more important to keep a sharp mind.

I believe I have clarified on the necessary pieces, I hope that this is satisfactory.  If it's not I think I might have some fundamental misunderstanding about what you're looking for and might need you to rephrase.  Thank you for your patience.

Approved!!

One comment, Modified Chikage Trick Weapon: Did you mean to say "Genji" in the description?

Name: Toshizu Garreaux
Spent OM: 4500
Consumed OM (0): (for consumed items or OM permanently lost from respecs, etc)
Proficiencies (2000): Physical Strength (1000), Debuff (1000)
Powers (700/8000): Master Acrobat (400), Basic Super Jumping (300)
Moves (1200): Vitola (600), Modified Chikage Trick Weapon (600),
Super Moves (600): Tier 1 Visceral attack (600)
Transformations (0):
Assists (0):
Items (0):
Artefacts: None
Bases (0);
Unlocks (0);
Base stats:
ATK:3
DEF:2
SPD:3
TEC:2

Just make a new thread in the Roster forum titled Toshizu Garreaux and paste only this form into the first post. We highly encourage you then make additional posts in that thread that provide further details about your character and for any future purchases, use this thread. Before you do anything else, make sure to read this thread as it will give you helpful tips as to how to proceed further!!

A higher ranking member of staff will get your account activated, but congradulations!! And hope to see ya soon~!!
[Image: source.gif]
"Centurion: I'll leave you to your work then Dust. Thanks for chatting!
Me: no problem. stay awesome!
Centurion: It's more of a passive ability"