Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Open] Craving Change

-What are you prepared to sacrifice?-

Echoes of fresh bullets seeking its targets crack on fresh mechanical shells as Psycho swore he could hear the screams of Prophet in his head. The marine  fell to the sounds of darkness for as soon as the Major reached for the control  to have the body burned, Mike was gone.

The color black in his visor screen was all he could see as his visor flickered in and out like a television set as he opened his eyes and he winced his eyes as he clicked his visor open, having to hold his hands over his eyes to avoid being blinded by the annoying white lighted area he found himself in.

Some bald white head man was staring right at him, or was his mind playing tricks on him?

He found himself unable to move or even render words, temporarily

Quote:“My name is Omni. This is not the world you know. This is the Omniverse. You interest me, so I have made you part of it. The Omniverse is a place that reflects the wishes of those who are part of it. But! There are rules. I will explain them only once, so listen carefully.”

Mike’s eyes moved on the rainbow ball Omni had given him and it landed in his hands. He had so many questions on his mind but he couldn’t talk right this second.

Quote:“This is Omnilium. It’s what ties the Omniverse together. Without it, you are nothing. With it, anything you desire can be yours. But you will need more than this. If you desire it enough, you will find it. You will find that using it comes naturally. Just think of what you desire most.

Psycho just stared at the odd white man, a bit frustrated.

Quote:“You will not be alone in the Omniverse. There are others. Of course, they, too desire Omnilium. Do not fear death. For as long as you interest me, you will be reborn.

“That’s all you need to know right now. You’ll figure out the rest soon enough. I’ll be watching … and waiting.”

Darkness faded into light and Mike suddenly was able to move and talk again “Oh bloody hell!”

Without realizing it, the marine walked toward the fountain spewing clear liquid from it.  He sat down, and splashed some water on his face, trying to get his bearings.  There were no North Koreans here, no Ceph here. Not even everyone’s grinning face when they had that rare time off.

Psycho after all that time, hadn’t even removed his own visor even in the annoying white light.

The man was talking to his AI located within his nanosuit. “Computer, show me my nearest location. A message flashed on Psycho’s visor “No service.”

Mike muttered a light curse under his lips.

Something about this place had messed with his Nanosuit’s functions. He tried out his Nanosuit’s speed function and found out he could barely run as fast as he usually could. That meant back down to human speed.

Aradia was confused. She had learned many things about the workings of SBURB, but she had never heard of any Omniverse before.

And now, she was alone. Separated from her team, and her Equius. The white void around her was something out of a dream.

Just then, her silent contemplation was interrupted by loud metallic steps.

"Hey!" the robot girl exclaimed as she turned around. "Who are you?!"

Mike looked up and turned, looking over at the robot woman as he eyed the other who seemed to be curious.

The marine grunted and frowned "Name's Mike Sykes, Raptor Team."

He lifted his visor slowly and raised an eyebrow "And you, stranger?"

"I am Aradia Megido. I'm a troll from a planet called Alternia. I assume that you're human, then."

Psycho raised an eyebrow "Yeah, I am but it's a long story."

"Interesting. Do you work for Omni?"

"No." the sergeant explained. "I was brought here like you. And it wasn't through any choice of mine."

"I think we should team up and decide where to go from here."

Those who were Maid classes like Aradia worked better in teams, after all.

Mike turned and looked around the area. “Yeah, I’m human, mate.” To be honest, a stranger with a greyish like face wasn’t the first thing he expected to see.

The marine sergeant looked the stranger up and down. “If you aren’t North Korean or a Ceph, what exactly are you? Who are you?!”

“Psycho” glared down at his visor, hoping it would at least give him any information about the stranger standing in front of him.

“I’d like to work with you, bu-”

He was cut off by his AI’s spotting of a stormtrooper in the distance.

A picture of a stormtrooper with pearl white armor spun around in his visor’s gleam.

“Psycho, Stormtrooper ahead. Take caution.”

Mike turned “We got a guest.”

The stormtrooper walked up to the two and frowned, holding a tablet of some sorts.

“Let’s see here, I’ve never seen you two around these parts before. Prime or secondary?”

Mike raised an eyebrow “Excuse me, mate? What the bloody hell is a Prime or secondary?”

The soldier groaned, today was going to be a long day. “Those lucky enough to be Omni’s chosen. A secondary is simply put, they can be unlucky basterds.”

Mike had hoped the stranger and his AI had gotten the gist of what the man was just describing to them.

“So, if you just come with me, I can register you in Coruscant's systems and you can be on your merry way.”

"What's Coruscant?" Aradia asked.

"You're new here, aren't you?" the stormtrooper inquired. "Well, this place...the Omniverse...is divided into zones called Verses. Coruscant is one of them. It's a large city that covers a whole Verse."

Psycho inquired, raising an eyebrow "Courscant? Is that city really that big?"

The stormtrooper looked bored looking at Aradia and Mike.

"Yeah."

Mike turned toward Aradia, "Let's see, we know about Courscant, what about the other "verses?"

The stormtrooper continued.

"There's Camelot, which is a lower-tech medieval universe, and the enemies of Coruscant. The Endless Dunes...are endless dunes. The Tangled Green...I don't know much about that verse other than it's a large jungle."

"OK, OK." Aradia interjected. "Just register us and get it over with."