Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb Luck (or not)

Woah that's a sure change. Is the first thing that went through Tempest's mind as he stepped through the blazing hot sand. He tore a section of cloth from his ruined shirt easily and wrapped it around his throbbing foot-pad so the hot sand didn't bother his real foot, or at least made it bearable. He soon spotted what he assumed to be a small town and he entered. Okay okay, I'm either really paranoid right now or most of these people are thinking whether to kill me or not. he thought. He spotted a cafe' and suddenly realized that it had most likely been days since he had eaten or drank anything...and he was starting to feel that. That sparkling omi... whatever it was maybe could get me some food here. he thought as he hobbled into the cafe'
Tempest: I Think by far the best thing anyone has said to me is that: 
Quote:You should dream as if you were Immortal, but live as if you'll die today.

I just wish I could remember who told me it.

"Yes! this is great!" he said as several people there in the cafe gave him a strange look. His ears go down a bit as he exits the Cafe. He hobbles as fast as he could out of the tense environment. He does not stop at the gate this time and barges through. His breathing evened as the tension left his face and chest...the nexus felt a lot more...neutral and safe to him. If he only knew what that place hosted everyday. He hobbles off in search of his mystery person.
Quote:You should dream as if you were Immortal, but live as if you'll die today.

I had wrapped my footpads in the ragged shirt that I had come into into this 'onmiverse' in so my feet wouldn't burn on the scorching sand. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I plucked it out. "What in the world?" I muttered to myself as I walked and read "The Hunters are Coming trust no one. That sounds just lovely." I mutter to myself. I didn't expect the mysterious poster to contact me again but I tried to sent a pubic message hoping they would respond back.

13 arrived back at the Initium Fabrica. Instantly, a few servitors and a swarm of servo skulls appeared by him him with reports on progress with how far the city had come in the amount of time it took 13 to hunt Tyson and come back. It appeared that they were most proud of the new water filtration system under the drains on the product assembly, though that was likely because most of the programmers were very thirsty. The mines were expanding horizontally far slower than they were vertically, as the miners were finding marginally more resources, if any, the further down they went. An incredibly small cavalry company of dragoons were stalking around the city, their large metal feet creating trenches that augmented militia would use in the event of an attack of the forge. Ultimately though, the above ground buildings came down to the library, a few radar stations and a large elevator to bring objects up from the mines. Below ground however, a sprawling mining complex was constantly getting larger and expedition leaders got bolder and sought to find whatever resources had been left by the empire. 13 walked into the library to check on whatever the logic engine had done recently.

As he ascended the elevator, 13 interfaced with the logic engine. Apparently it had had the foresight to try to invite a new prime to give their information to it, for information in return. That would likely be the end of the deals, but if they were a good ally of mankind they would at least be given an invitation to the Mechanicum. He checked his Dataverse device the logic engine was linked to, the prime it was talking to had asked about where the forge was in the Dunes. 13 walked out of the gate, trying to remember exactly how he had got here. After a while, and a lot of superimposing his path onto various maps he could find, he found what would probably be the correct path. He gave it to the logic engine to look at and send onto the dataverse, as he walked to the windows of the library to look out and wait for the prime’s arrival.
My armour is steel.
My shield is logic.
My weapon is faith.

By the Omnissiah I will let none survive.

As I walk I switch to the message that had the map and jumble of letters and numbers. The unit in my eyesocket starts to translate the map and I point myself in the right direction. I used to be able to teleport...so why not now? I charge myself up with my own bodily electricity and let it go. I start to shoot in the direction I had pointed myself in and I start to yelp "This isn't teleporting!" I shoot across the sand, unable to turn

13 looked out the library’s windows, onto the dunes below. There was a very large amount of dust appearing from the southern side of the observatory. Interesting, but not of note. The buildings would have likely been able to take the storm, assuming it made it that far. However, as the dust storm got closer and closer, 13 noticed that there was a very fast blue streak leading it. Specifically, towards the library. 13 sent a silent message to the logic engine and the elevator instantly went down, spinning to put the speeding prime inside of it and hopefully stop them. Assuming it didn’t stop, there was a

[15%]

chance of the speeding prime dying upon hitting the elevator and a

[5%]

chance of the building collapsing, likely killing them both. However, the remaining

[80%]

chance of the blue streak just hitting the elevator, stopping and coming up to talk to him was enough for 13 to consider it a good idea. There was a good chance that this was the prime the logic engine was talking to earlier as well, and it would be a pity to see them run into a wall and die.
My armour is steel.
My shield is logic.
My weapon is faith.

All I was trying to think about was how the heck I was going to stop. That however happened to not be a problem for, I was not used to running past Usain Bolt levels. For this reason I had tripped and started rolling across the sand. first I face planted in the sand. I yelped and cursed as I rolled across the sand. I was getting closer and closer to the elevator. It looked quite comical from a distance...but the sand...everywhere. In my clothes sticking to my fur, it was not ideal by far. I soon slowed to a halt absolutely covered in sand. I got to my feet more dazed than hurt as I tried to shake and brush myself off in vain. I acted as if nothing happened and walked the rest of the way to the now open elevator. As I waited I popped out my optical unit in my eye socket to clean it off. There was several tiny scratches on it but nothing major. I hoped that whoever i was meeting had not seen that tumble. The elevator door opens with a pleasant Ding!  and I stepped out, hoping they didn't mind sand being tracked in their base.

13 looked down in interest as the prime fell on his face and slowed to a stop a few metres away from the elevator. Now that they were moving slow enough to easily track and were close enough to analyse. Cameras in the elevator and what 13 had seen showed them to be a beastman with cybernetic enhancements. However, they appeared to be nothing like the ones from 13’s world, instead appearing similar to how a child might imagine one. Their eye cybernetic was passable, although rudimentary enough that it took light damage on their fall. 13 swung his body around and held his mechadendrites behind his back in a way that hopefully made him look more confident than he actually was, especially since the visual he had gotten on the prime seemed to alert the logic engine. Regardless, as the elevator opened, 13 walked forwards towards the newcomer and introduced himself. “Hello prime, I am ranger alpha 13-jzall of Holy Mars. You have arrived here to gain data and in turn receive some for yourself. A satisfactory beginning would be your name.” That was probably a good enough conversation starter, at least for an abhuman.
My armour is steel.
My shield is logic.
My weapon is faith.

I popped the eye unit back into the socket as the man in what appeared to be a mech suit introduced himself. I didn't know if just how to properly to an 'alpha ranger' so I nodded and with bright smile I responded with "Daniel Tempest. I prefer to be called Tempest. I was a ex Royal Guard of Yugon and Co-leader of Earth's Haven." It was my turn to study the man-machine in front of me. I could see there was a man inside all of this metal and my eye units databases confirmed that...yes this man's name was indeed 13-Jzall. The unit also identified a boat load of cycber enhancements that were loads more advanced than Earth's or Yugon's. The weapons though...were built to kill, so let's keep 13 happy. yes that seemed to be a valid strategy. "Now about that information I must admit sir, I stumped at what knowledge you would want to gather from me." Which was true enough. What in the world kind of information would be wanted from a new Prime.

13 listened, nodding despite the logic engine giving off alerts that this prime was wanted by the Empire. He didn’t care too much for them and anyone who had gotten a bounty from them wasn’t going to immediately gain a violent reaction from him. Daniel appeared to be rather young, with copious amounts of cybernetics that seemed to often fall out or failed. He flicked off some blood covered sand that had somehow landed on his hand and looked at Daniel, eyes quickly flicking around the location of every cybernetic and his sword. “So, Tempest, what exactly can you tell me about your world and the beings in it? If that’s too personal, what can you tell me about your cybernetics? I want to know everything, schematics, how it works, repair and maintenance. In return I will give you...” 13 trailed off, thinking of what could be given in return that would make it seem equal, not have him executed for heresy and preferably have him be the winner of the exchange. Plasma was likely the solution. Nearly every army the Mechanicum had thus far faced had some variation of plasma. Judging by the effective and literal t-shirt armour Daniel also had, carapace armour was another well known secret he could expose. With a thought, a servo skull flew out of the data banks with two small databanks in its claws. 13 gestured to them. “I offer you these, a gun that can even in pistol form would be able to punch a hole in any sub titanic vehicle and armour that would be able to shrug off a hit that would rip through your shirt. Assuming that they keep their original strength of course. But even without that, they are both marvels of engineering that would increase your engineering capabilities tenfold. But before you take them, you must give me information first.”
My armour is steel.
My shield is logic.
My weapon is faith.

“Don’t worry sir that isn’t too personal...Yugon isn’t anymore anyway.” I give a little shrug. “Yugon was ummm...like a Alternate Reality of the Earth that a lot of people know of. There were five main species with some subspecies in between. Angel,Shadow,Human, and Monster and Hybrid what I am,” I continued, “My mother was the head royal guard of the king of my planet and my father the royal hunter. I took up royal guard trainee courses and My sister Ember took up hunter ones. I graduated top of my class and soon after that...a...thing called DarkHeart started to collapse realities. As advanced as your magic capabilities were...sheer numbers overwhelmed my planet and about five percent of the whole planet escaped to other Realities. I may be wrong on that number...but I don’t really care...all I know is they’re gone…” My breathing gets a bit shaky. 

“I guess you wanna Know about Haven now sir? It was my heart and soul on planet Earth. I believed it was constructed about the same time as the Witch Trials so magic users could escape...death.” I smile a bit “Don’t quote me on that though, it’s just a theory of mine. Anyhow, my sister and I discovered this building and made a sorta safehouse...I think they are still building up a resistance to DarkHeart to this day.” I smile brightly at this thought. What’s neat about it is that it changed to what the users need it to be...so it’s a safe Heaven to all who need it. Earth had a weird affect on age too. It kinda slowed down my aging process, like I still am pretty sharp minded but it's kinda crowded with...childish impulses” 

It seemed that talking about this brought back my memories. Just thinking of Haven...of Rose...oh poor Rose...I couldn’t do anything about that now though, being dead in my homeworld. “My cyber enhancements are running off the electrical energy I give off in my body. I probably should charge myself full of plasma to be honest...but umm any part of me that was lost in the many battles for Haven’s safety I just replaced with a material from my planet, Hybarium. It’s a protective material it can be metal or cloth. Whatever this place is seems to have weakened it greatly.” I grumble that last part. 

"Is that Sufficient sir?" I ask 13    

13 stared at Daniel, honestly a bit disappointed. While the information on his past was relatively in depth, it didn’t give the specific data that he wanted. It was still data though, and so the request was at least answered. What he had given 13 on his cybernetics and armour was even more lacklustre. 13 would give Daniel some data but not as much as he could have gotten originally, especially due to that nonchalant mention of witches. 13 deftly removed the carapace armour schematics from the servo skull’s arms and gave it to Daniel, sending the plasma pistol blueprints back into the library. Now that their business had been attended to, 13 pulled out his pistol and aimed it squarely at Daniel’s face. “Daniel Tempest you are a fugitive of the Empire, I will not have you bringing bounty hunters to my forge and breaking it. Leave now or I will claim your bounty myself.”
My armour is steel.
My shield is logic.
My weapon is faith.

I took a step back. This was clearly news for me and I honestly didn't want to get shot. My ears pinned to my head and backed away to the elevator "Yes sir, I'm sorry sir I'm leaving." I let out a little of what sounded like a whimper as the door shut. Once the door had opened I started to walk. I didn't know where I was going...nor did it really matter to me...I still had no purpose here, no friend, no family, and nowhere to go. I knew that attacking the soldiers back in the nexus was a bad idea but I sure as hell wasn't going to give them one of my prosthetics. So off I went with a device I had no clue how it worked and questions...many of them I knew where never going to be answered. The heat was making me more and more sluggish, exhausted. maybe I could have talked to 13...or get shot...would it have been that bad. It wasn't like I was importance here, but only my bounty would be of importance to people. I would be hunted, dead or alive I worth something at least...even if that was a pretty dark though it brought a tiny smile to my face. Hours of walking left me stumbling and lightheaded. A nap would be nice but I can't here it would...be...too. That was the last thought I had as a vague thought of how water would be nice too as I collapsed onto the burning sand.

I awoke to water drenching my head, I look around and the water rose from the sand and turned back into the multicolored Omnilium which went back into my chest. I shook my head a bit and got to my feet. Okay it was time to get serious. I know that I have a bounty now for defending myself against the Nexus Troopers. While I may be able to avoid Bounty Hunters for a long time I rather not have to look over my shoulder for all of my time here. I would have to find out where the people who initiated the bounty resides. I take a moment to summon a water bottle and make my way back to the Nexus area once more.