Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What to do once you've been approved (Read Me)

Once you've been approved, you'll want to post your staff-provided roster sheet and post it to a new topic in the Roster. You can then put additional details in a new reply below your sheet. The bare minimum is to include your move descriptions and some basic stuff like age, height and a picture - the rest is up to you. Perhaps your character's history from their own world, their personality when encountering new people, or their fighting style. Many storyline runners will require these details before letting you join, so you may as well do it sooner than later.

See how everyone else has a link to their roster and purchase log underneath their avatar? You'll need to add these yourself, manually, by going to User CP: Edit Profile - that way people can click to your profile immediately from any of your posts! Here's a guide if you need it.

Your first post should have you arriving at the Fountain of Infinity at the Nexus (click for info), as explained in the Introduction to the Omniverse. You can skip to after the intro takes place but you cannot alter it. This includes having your character able to speak to Omni, move or otherwise. You'll want to make a new topic where your character arrives and reacts to the situation they've been thrust into. Are they shaken? Angry? ... Or excited? This post can be as long or brief as you like, but you need to make it before you can travel to any of the other verses. Please make sure to read all of About The World before you start posting, as many people start breaking established canon immediately by using omnilium to instantly summon things, etc. This is a real pain in the ass for us.

From here, you can continue to roleplay by yourself if you want. Most folks, however, will want to get involved. Check out Omniverse Discussion and see if anyone has any open roleplays going, or what the big event of the moment is. If nothing else, drop a post in the Looking for Group topic. Don't use the chat box please. Don't worry about formulating some great plot right from the start - just start writing and see where it goes. Most folks post every few days rather than daily, so try to be patient and respect other people's plans. Unless you've got a group of friends already waiting, you probably aren't going to be questing through the Vasty Deeps as part of a player-pirate crew immediately.  ;)

From the Nexus, you'll likely want to head to one of the gates described here. Any single gate is about two hours walk from the Fountain (it takes about four hours to walk from one end of the Nexus to the other).

Some things your character might try with Omnilium upon first arriving (see here for more help and ideas. Make sure you understand how summoning works before writing it!):

Try to make a mount or vehicle
It works! Though it can never seem to get beyond about 80mph. It takes about five minutes.
Try to make new clothes
It works! Though it takes at least three minutes.
Try to heal
It works, although very slowly. Resting normally achieves the same effect.
Try to open a portal
It seems like it would take reserves of omnilium far beyond what you currently have.

REMEMBER THAT SUMMONING ANYTHING TAKES AT LEAST THREE MINUTES OF SOLID, STATIONARY CONCENTRATION! USING OMNILIUM IS NOT INSTANTANEOUS.

Otherwise, we'd all be fighting by summoning giant walls of rock and stuff. Omni

Another reminder: ALL NPCs need approval via the Help Desk. Pulling characters from unrelated media and making them your NPCs is generally a no-go.

Anything else?
Most of our roleplayers use Skype or Discord text chats for organising group roleplays; I'd recommend downloading both to cover all your bases. The Omniverse Discord already has a number of group chats anyone can use for that purpose. If you prefer a private group chat, skype is best.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

When you start out, you won't be that much stronger than a normal person. Primes are powerful because of their powers and their versatility. You might be able to phase through walls, fly, read minds, or have crazy weaponry. But that doesn't mean you can necessarily cut enemies to ribbons. Use the stat guide and take that as your guide for what your character can do without their powers.

When you earn your first power up, that'll be your first step towards crazy power. But until then, be careful on godmoding. Just a reminder. ;)
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

NOTE: Your Level, Roster, and Log links will not appear in your postbit until you go set, at the very least, your location manually in your User CP. Set it to the Nexus if you're a new character and they'll appear and function (once you set them up). If you have any trouble please make a Help Desk thread and I'll sort you out.
[Image: trixiesig2018.png]
[First Prime to Escape the Underverse]
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned