Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Updates

Following the Discord Q&A, a FAQ for the Tangled Green has been added - http://omniverse-rpg.com/showthread.php?...2#pid94602

A subzone was added to the Tangled Green info thread, and all the other information pertaining to the verse received mostly cosmetic updates (revisions to sentence structure, grammar, etc).

I realised that Area Defense was being listed as Area Defense in some places (which made more sense to go with the DEF stat which also governs Healing, same as how Area Attack governs everything under ATK) and Area Shield in others. So I've redefined it as Area Defense and included in the description that it's the proficiency for Area Healing as well as Area Shields.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

There is a new type of progression available to high-level players, similar to Permanent Stat Upgrades but which increase the stats you gain during Power-Ups/Powered-Up Forms. See Power-Up Boosts for more info.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

Posting in "source mode" is now the default for newly-registered accounts. You can change this setting on your existing accounts by going to User Panel, Edit Options, and then under Other Options, check "Put the editor in source mode by default". This avoids most problems caused by the editor, and we recommend using it by default.
[Image: 0bwAI3j.jpg]

To make the stat upgrades and power-up boosts less awkward and wordy to refer to and to list on the roster, I've reclassified them from "First", "Second", "Third", etc to "Stat Upgrade I", "Stat Upgrade II", Stat Upgrade III and so on.

I edited Permanent Stat Upgrades and Power-Up Boosts to indicate the total cumulative cost required, that should make it more clear that the first cost is not a total.

New smilies have been added.

:2bong: :10bux: :boom: :catdrugs: Chloe Frogbehold :frogstar: Iiaj Picard Snoop Tif Vince

Using SP to heal has long and fairly been considered a pretty extreme use of your SP, and not very useful compared to other uses of it.

With the changes to Super Moves a while back (no longer completely fixed damage) this is long overdue; we still want SP usage to have several valid options, with no "best", but this should make Healing with SP a lot more viable than it was previously.

"You may also heal or regenerate damage instantly by spending SP. The ratios are based on your DEF stat, using the following chart:

0-5 DEF: 1-2 points of damage per 1 SP. (starting at 1, moving gradually up to 2)
6-10 DEF: 2-3 points of damage per 1 SP. (starting at 2, moving gradually up to 3)
11+ DEF: 3 points of damage per 1 SP.

Using a group heal increases the efficacy of your healing by 1.5x. To do this, note what you are doing in parenthesis after your post, the same way you would use a super move (see Fighting and Competition Rules for details). "

Both of our current cherubs Jade Harley and Spur/Zack/Zedd/Enzo just got promoted to angels! Well done you two. Thanks for sticking with the staff game for so long; go hog wild with your new power.

As well as that, Amaterasu (AKA Undyne, Malon) has been promoted from Sprite to Cherub! Much thanks to you for all your help!

At the same time, I updated some of the previous staffers' permissions; several of you should now be able to edit smilies, users, etc where you couldn't before. I did these permissions on a case-by-case basis, so the more senior/active staffers can expect to have more relevant permissions to help make your jobs easier.

The NPC page has been updated to be looser on Prime NPC allowances, and give more concrete rules on taking pre-existing characters as NPCs. Highlights:

Quote:Two personal NPC Primes is the limit to begin with - this increases by one every 2 levels, starting at level 3. So at level 3 you'll have 3 personal Prime NPCs, at level 5 you'll have 4, at level 7 you'll have 5, etc. These NPCs can be antagonists, friends, or just side-characters. Just remember that, while you 'own' your own NPCs the same way you own your character (meaning people can't take them and roleplay them without your permission), they do not give you an advantage in fights or competitions unless you make them an Assist.

Quote:Using Pre-existing Characters as NPCs
When deciding whether or not to allow you to commander pre-existing characters as NPCs, we base our decisions on the following system, ranking characters roughly by popularity. You gain 2 points per character level.

A-Listers - A-listers cannot be claimed as NPCs without rarely-given staff permission. Cost 5 points. Famous or well-known characters, particularly protagonists or major recurring antagonists. Example: Spider-Man, Batman, but also non-protagonists who are as important to the story as the protagonist or just as likely to be taken, such as Vegeta or The Joker, or Venom. Very likely to be taken as player characters, hence their limitations.

B-Listers - Cost 2 points if part of your character's universe, 3 points otherwise. Part of a supporting cast, or protagonists of a non-A-list series. May be taken by common consent of staff, and permission will always be given if you have the points unless there is good reason otherwise. Example: Mary-Jane Watson, Chi Chi, Alundra, Sanada Yukimura, Paige (Charmed).

C-Listers - Cost 1 point. Part of a supporting cast to niche series, or non-recurring, minor characters from major series (such as those part of spin-offs or non-canonical side-material). Same rules apply to permissions as B-lister NPCs. Examples: Biggs, Wedge or Jessie from Final Fantasy VII. Garlic Jr from Dragon Ball Z.

Given the loose and fluid nature of these definitions, we will decide on a case-by-case basis where the lines are muddy. Note: characters may slide up and down these tables over time. For example, a dead series gets a remake and becomes popular again, so the protagonist might move up from B to A list, perhaps temporarily. This may mean you go over your points total temporarily, but we will never take away a character unless you willingly give them up. You may also feel that a character has dropped down the rankings since you first got them, and we may lower their rank if we feel it's merited.

If an A-lister is from your character's own franchise, we may let you take them as an NPC with staff approval, but generally advise you to minimise taking A-list characters and letting other players join as them if it seems likely. For example, Cloud Strife might want to have Sephiroth (A-List) and Tifa (B-List) as NPCs (you need an antagonist and a love interest, right?) and they could both be Primes if you choose. But bear in mind that someone else is may join as that character at any time. If this happens, you can choose to either 'pass over' your NPC to the new player (if you trust them with your history for the character), or you can have your own NPC as a separate version of the character. Two alternate histories, if you will.

Outside of your own franchise, C-listers are fine to take as NPCs with staff approval, with the same caveats as above if somebody chooses to take them as a player character. But you may not take B- or A-List characters from a franchise your character does not belong to. Exceptions may be granted, for example if someone is running a large storyline based on a different franchise.

Does this mean I can't summon original characters from other franchises, either? No. Nameless characters are fine to use, or to build original characters out of, and they don't count towards your NPC limit. Want to make gang of Koopas from Mario, or encounter a Rayquaza out in the Vasty Deep, or an original saiyan from the DBZ universe? Sure.

Expect a re-numbering of the rules pages soon.

BIG CONSUMABLE ITEMS UPDATE!

Consumable Slots for items just got deleted. They ... weren't fun in any way. I had to take 'em out back and shoot 'em. I'm sorry. Now we have a JRPG inventory: basically unlimited.

The way you buy consumables has slightly changed. Now when you buy an item, the spent OM goes directly to your consumed OM. Just makes things less confusing. You can still refund items for half their OM, as with anything, but it'll now come back out of your Consumed OM. I recommend those with consumables in their characters' items move their costs to the Consumed OM box (just total it up and add it to your Consumed OM) with a note in your log showing what you did.

A number of consumables that grant temporary versions of powers have been added, idea courtesy of Demetri. All of the names and descriptions can be added to here, in the original idea thread, if you have any cool ideas for names for them!

Additionally, most of the current consumables had their prices reduced to less than half of what they previously were. The notable exception is Banishment Circles, which remain at 250 OM. Their cost remains spot-on for what we want banishment to cost you personally.

I'm making all items work like bases, in that they can be bought and traded freely. As a result, I'm making a small update to the way Items are handled on your roster. Now all of them are added to your Consumed OM, to prevent your item purchases from confusing your total spent OM. For example, buying a base currently puts (1000) on your items total, which is confusing if multiple people helped you buy. Now when people buy items, it's just spent to their Consumed OM.

I'll let people update their items themselves right now, to avoid confusion, but at some point we'll probably go through and try to fix rosters up to the new system, putting the item totals over in Consumed OM.

Quote:Unlike other purchases, the spent OM for items goes straight to your Consumed OM. You'll buy the items as usual and add them to your roster, but leave off the associated bracket costs () and instead add the total to your total Consumed and total Spent OM. And unlike other purchases, all items can be traded and given freely. This allows you to buy items for others, or pool your OM for purchases, such as in the case of bases and upgrades.

Endless Dunes Quest, "In Chaos Renewed", updated.

Old:

Quote:Artefact = Chaos Emerald (Color) – Using this permanently removes 1000 OM from a prime, but it then reverts all of their remaining Spent OM into Earned OM. This removes all moves, super moves, powers, proficiencies, items, power ups, and unlocks (exception being any Secret Routes). The prime may then respend their Earned OM on whatever they desire. A prime may also redistribute their Stats, if they so desire.

New:

Quote:Artefact = Chaos Emerald (Color) – Using this permanently removes 1000 Earned OM from a prime, but it then reverts all of their remaining Spent OM into Earned OM. This removes all proficiencies, powes, moves, super moves, transformations, assists, and unlocks. It also removes any Consumed OM that was a result of previous respecs (but not that spent on items). The prime may then respend their Earned OM on whatever they desire. A prime may also redistribute their Stats, if they so desire.

We promoted a couple of people to angels two weeks ago, here's the sadder part.

After years of support, Guu is going to be returning to regular memberhood. The door is always swinging so who knows what the future holds. We thank Kelsie for all her help and hope she enjoys her newfound lack of responsibility :P

A slight nerf to the quite strict requirements for Great and Exemplary bonuses - a minimum of 5000 or 10,000 words to qualify, respectively - making them 4000 and 8000.

With all the staff movement lately, The Humble Sage/Skeletor has been added as a Sprite.

Addition to previous update regarding consumables ... if you bought a consumable that went down in price (ie everything but banishment circle) you can get the difference in price refunded. If you've already been updated with the costs moved to Consumed OM, just take it out of your consumed OM and note it on your log. If you haven't yet been updated, please do it yourself if possible and note it on your log, otherwise we'll gradually get to all of the rosters.

Cause Tearen reminds me of all the shit that I either forgot to write up or simply never answered, I added this bit to About the World:

"Summoning houses and other permanent structures is not possible within the Nexus, or within a roughly half-mile radius of gates."

I added a bit saying that to the Nexus description too.

I'm working on the Fights page, stuff there is pretty out-of-date (it even mentioned Life Detect, a power we haven't had in years).

Old:

Quote:If a character is low profile, initiating a fight will take some work. Having a Vita Compass will make it easier, as will to a lesser extent abilities such as Master Enhanced Senses and Life Detect. Regardless, tracking a character takes time and several posts, the length and/or number of which will depend on how far away from the character you are, how much information you have as to their whereabouts (if, for example, they have appeared in public places recently, or if they are still in the same area their bounty was placed) and your Influence in a given area. As a rough guideline, with ideal conditions you may be able to track them down with only around 100 words and one or two OOC days spent, otherwise expect to to spend at least six OOC days and 6000 words. Moreso this is about having it make IC sense, so put in an amount of effort you think is appropriate. Once you are ready, you may PM a staff member and they will judge whether your efforts have been sufficient.

New:
Quote:If a character is low profile, initiating a fight will take some work, and you should make it public that you're searching out a character (or PM a staff member), as well as PMing the target - this is required. Having a Vita Compass will make it easier, as will to a lesser extent Enhanced Senses. Regardless, tracking a character takes time and several posts, the length and/or number of which will depend on how far away from the character you are, how much information you have as to their whereabouts (if, for example, they have appeared in public places recently, or if they are still in the same area their bounty was placed) and your Influence in a given area.

As a rough guideline, expect to spend between 1000 and 10,000 words tracking down a character. Ideal conditions would be an area in which they have only recently disappeared and are still in, an area where you have high Influence and use it, and if your character is already in the same region (town, city or small area). This is about having it make IC sense, so try to put in an amount of effort you think is appropriate. Once you are ready, you may PM a staff member and they will judge whether your efforts have been sufficient.

Further:

Old:
Quote:Once the challenge has been acknowledged, players agree on when to start the fight. A player has up to eight OOC days from the initial challenge in order to prepare themselves for the fight, but it may not be delayed any longer unless agreed upon by both players or determined by the judge.

New:
Quote:Once the challenge has been acknowledged, players agree on when to start the fight. A player has up to ten OOC days from the initial challenge in order to prepare themselves for the fight, but it may not be delayed any longer unless agreed upon by both players or determined by the judge.

This should push things closer to the "PVP Flag" system used by some members, giving a bit more time to plan.