Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westside: Join or Die

Rainbow 
THIS CITY IS AT WAR

This war is fought on rooftops and sidewalks. It is fought in parks and nightclubs. It is fought in board rooms, bowling alleys, and bodegas. Is it fought on shipping docks, in darkened alleys, and seedy hotel rooms.

This war is fought by heroes and cowards, by good and evil, and everything in between. It is fought by men and women and children, it is fought by orcs and elves and Ewoks. It is fought by hackers, hitmen, and prostitutes. It is fought by Glock-wielding Pokemon and drug-addicted Hogwarts alumni.

This war is fought with guns and swords and fire. It is fought with drugs and sex and street terrorism.  It is fought with lasers, telekinesis, and magic spells.

This city is at war.

You have two options.

Join, or Die
President of the Westside Knife Ear Warriors

[Image: V4Dvvfy.gif]

The Westside Sagas

The 'Westside Sagas' refer to a collection of soon-to-be-written collaborations in the Omniverse, detailing the exploits of a criminal gang in Coruscant known simply as the Westside.

Current State of the Westside: Under Orc Occupation

The Westside Gang
The Westside Coalition is a united anti-orc front comprised primarily of criminal street gangs.

Goals

1. To contribute to Omniverse world-building by creating a richly detailed criminal underground in Coruscant.
2. To have all kinds of gangster fun.

It regards to the first goal; let's do it. Let's create wide array of quirky gangs that can be explained with one sentence. Let's create people, places, and things, and have a sense of continuity between our group. That way, when an Omniversian wants to dip a toe into the Coruscant underworld, they can easily browse our information to pick out, say, a low-level street gang to rob them. The idea is not to have an official cannon underworld, but an OPTIONAL cannon underworld for ourselves and whoever wants to play with us. We call this world, "Westside Cannon".

In regards to the second goal; I don't have to tell you how to do this, I trust you.

How to participate
The first way you can participate is by having your character join up with the Westside. You don't have to spend your life in seedy gang hangouts if you don't want too, you can have your gang membership be a small or large part of your character. You decide your own level of involvement. You can also do this with NPCs. APPLICATIONS OPEN

The second way you can participate is by having your character be an antagonist. Represent the empire. Come hunt a bounty. Start your own rival gang, or join up with one of the gangs already in the Westside Cannon. This can also be done with NPCs.

The third way you can participate is by simply suggesting things in this thread. Got a cool idea for a gang, a bar, a drug, a person, anything? Don't really feel like playing it? Post it here, we'll make it Westside Cannon.

COME HANG OUT ON DISCHORD
18+

https://discord.gg/fv3vgWa

APPLICATIONS OPEN

HOW TO APPLY-

You're hired. Voice a desire in this thread to be a part of the Westside Cannon or come hang out on Dischord. Or just write. You don't have to join the Westside as a gang member or gang leader, you can join as an independent member if you wish.

If you want to join the Westside, you have a few different avenues, but they generally involve gaining the trust of both PC and NPC Westside Gang members.

If you want to be a Westside Affiliate, meaning an official friend of the gang (for better or worse), just come on some adventures with us!

If you want to start your own gang, do it, that's awesome, do you want any help? If you want to be a neutral or friendly gang that's cool, come play with us.

If you want to be an adversary
, just, you know, you can just DO that, the Westside PvP flag is always GREEN  If you want to play or make one of our NPC adversaries, again, that's really cool, you should do that, I will totally get involved.

If you want a cohesive list of Westside characters, locations, and plots, check here http://omniverse-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=8224   CURRENTLY NEEDS UPDATES

Harlan will definitely involve himself in these shenanigans. Bring some classic gangland style back to Coruscant.
 “I don’t wanna be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.”

Secondaries are aloud to Join?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Posting to mark my interest in this faction
If you're new to Omniverse Shenanigans, feel free to pm me about whatever piques your interest!

[Image: dlpaou6b73f.gif]
-by Jade Harley

Never Falter in the Face of Infinity.
-Tearan Wover

Though he wouldn't be a member so much as an associate, the sage sees the merit in having friends in the big city. Consider the sage an affilate (eventually once ut makes sense IC)
If history is to become legend, it first must be recorded.

Betty will be fighting your criminal selves. (though it would require something big to bring her out)
                                            [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10243242]
"While shooting concentrate your mind, gently muttering the spell to the Mini-Hakkero. Aiming at someone you don't like, a magicannon of love will be unleashed!"

(02-17-2017, 07:53 AM)Harlan Higgs Wrote: Harlan will definitely involve himself in these shenanigans. Bring some classic gangland style back to Coruscant.

Just posted the beginning of Harlan's involvement in Westside Canon! He will be establishing a criminal gang that will have a classic Vegas theme, more akin to traditional Mafioso than street punks ( think The Triggermen ). They'll be geared towards drugrunning, protection rackets, and good old fashioned classy crime. Possibly starting off as a rival gang, then moving to either merge or ally with the Westside.
 “I don’t wanna be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.”

You know me, always had an interest when this faction was becoming a thing.
[Image: 67857178B013071EE183FE5B7C3D87F4438C6BB8]
[Image: westside.png] 

Hm.

My Potential-Enemy-Faction Sense is tingling.
[Image: ytLTikp.png?1]
01001101 01100001 01100100 01100101
01111001 01101111 01110101
01101100 01101111 01101111 01101011

OH JEEZ INTEREST!

Yiss star, we have discussed NPC involvement.

Yiss Harlan, am looking forward to reading your thing.

Yiss Gamzee, you are cool and we'd love to have you.

Yiss Sage, an ally you are rapidly becoming, after our astral quest I am sure you will have fullfilled le requirements.

Yiss Chara, come git some.

Yiss Jacket, you are bae.

Yiss Vision, fanatics tend to have disturbing methods on their path to achieving their goals, weather the goals are good or not, and Vision might take issue with that.

My NPC secondary, Wade, is a metahuman vigilante. I want to get into the groove of playing as him again first, but eventually, I'm gonna be ready to make you gang members chill out.

Sounds cool af papples, do it!

Not 100% sure about this, but when I get the OM for my ALT Moon Knight I'll be sending him into this to stop the gang activity, just be prepared this guy can get extremely violent and will resort to guns and killing if he has to.
[Image: BxUmcA2CcRwyAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png][Image: 250px-Halopedia_Era_UNSC.png]

Yiss Hellboy, we play rough too!

I'm in the area, so I have some interest in this. We'll see if I have the spare time/motivation to be involved, but I hope I do.

Yiss Android, I have been keeping a close eye on the Consequences thread.

Can I borrow the Knife Ear Gang for a few posts? I want to flesh them out a bit and have them serve as an instigator to introduce Harlan to the westside.

Bascially, Harlan disappeared a minor gang and claimed their territory. He hasn't been operating so the turf is free for all intents and purposes. I figure the Knife Ears will have heard about it and try to claim it to make up for their losses recently (in Luci's thread

Of course Higgins!