Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talkings

I think this thread has clearly shown interest in keeping the Omniverse alive, but I don't know if the interest is there to keep it here in such a large capacity. I think we should look at possibly retiring (temporarily) some words for the sake of pushing the existing player-base closer together, and encourage more people writing near each other. If we're not going to do a 'world reset', which I probably agree with, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a big saga about some words disappearing (and maybe new ones showing up) for the sake of driving up interest and putting a new nice big WELCOME ABOARD stamp on this 'era' of Omniverse. I'm rambling now.

I do not have an opinion on Dane as a person, but he is a large part of why I hate the move system. The system itself is fine, but the restrictions that have been put on it to accomodate mix-maxing PvPers is ridiculous. Violet literrally won't write new moves anymore because of how much re-write she has to do. Its to the point that I have to google search the dimensions of a sword before I can post it up. Again: the system, as it is written in the rules, is fine. But the staff members who in the past have made these crazy requirements on TOP of the rules, is what drove me away from making moves at all.

tl;dr: saga?
[Image: blink2k15.png]

I think maybe some new quests could jump1syar activity a little too. Perhaps just an extra quest or two in each verse. Quests that require like 3 people and have some layers to them.

Dante's Abyss Placings
2015 - 4th
2016 - 2nd
2017 - 4th

PVP Combat Record
(One-on-One)
3W - 0L - 0D
(TAG-TEAM)
4W - 1L - 0D
[Image: Deadpool_Funny.png]

I'll write more about this when I get back home in a couple of days but I will say I'm pretty against dane becoming staff in any capacity; and kinda against him coming back as a member I'll pm anyone who wants to hear the reasoning since I'd rather not drag his name through the mud more than it already has. It won't make me leave since I have a faction to revive and have to help nb stick around but I think a temporary shutting down of old verses might be a decent idea and putting brand new ones in.
                                            [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10243242]
"While shooting concentrate your mind, gently muttering the spell to the Mini-Hakkero. Aiming at someone you don't like, a magicannon of love will be unleashed!"

In terms of a world reset, I just wanted to put here, so that you members can see, the idea that I proposed in the Staff Forum. I realize that a lot of people probably won't find it appealing. But just for context.

Quote:Things come to an end, a nice book ending to whatever you had planned, and then maybe Omni decides to start over. But maybe Omni has just a tiny shred of sentimentality and, instead of erasing everything and not looking back, he leaves relics of the "Old World". Tomes, Scrolls, Computer Documents, Wall Carvings, etc. for the new generation of Omniverse citizens to discover and learn about. etce etc

How could you represent this? My thought was to lock the old In Character Forums and hide them, so that quests could be completed to acquire one of these Old World Relics and then we could just apply a forum role that would allow someone to read through and see the old forums and use them as a reading resource so that their character can learn about it. Meanwhile you'd just set up new forums that are clean, with the verse descriptions of course.

I mean, it'd just feel kind of finished if we ended the story and then said "Go and do things knowing that there's no final story to participate in anymore.". Though this is just my opinion.

Also, people might not like it, so we'd probably have to clear it with whichever members are still around.

I actually like the idea.

(10-14-2018, 09:09 AM)Daniel Wrote: In terms of a world reset, I just wanted to put here, so that you members can see, the idea that I proposed in the Staff Forum. I realize that a lot of people probably won't find it appealing. But just for context.

Quote:Things come to an end, a nice book ending to whatever you had planned, and then maybe Omni decides to start over. But maybe Omni has just a tiny shred of sentimentality and, instead of erasing everything and not looking back, he leaves relics of the "Old World". Tomes, Scrolls, Computer Documents, Wall Carvings, etc. for the new generation of Omniverse citizens to discover and learn about. etce etc

How could you represent this? My thought was to lock the old In Character Forums and hide them, so that quests could be completed to acquire one of these Old World Relics and then we could just apply a forum role that would allow someone to read through and see the old forums and use them as a reading resource so that their character can learn about it. Meanwhile you'd just set up new forums that are clean, with the verse descriptions of course.

I mean, it'd just feel kind of finished if we ended the story and then said "Go and do things knowing that there's no final story to participate in anymore.". Though this is just my opinion.

Also, people might not like it, so we'd probably have to clear it with whichever members are still around.

I'll just say my own thoughts on the situation. It would seem like a cop out for the work people put into the original OV if this does happen. Like what are player factions supposed to do like Ambrosia or New Babylon? Years have been spent working up to getting some decent amount of reputation and it just seems kind of wrong? to see it all go away in a flash.

Plus the plans people have planned would be ruined as well which isn't very much fun.

But something you could do to help alleviate this; is to let people decide if they want to keep there old character's from the old generation, and take a small hit to there om (something like 5k fee with them taking out abilities and stuff if they can't pay the small fee or if they don't have the spare om to pay for the whole 5000 OM just take what extra they have and make them a completely fresh prime again.) Or starting fresh, may help give players already here a decision to keep the characters they spent a lot of time on to stick around or start brand new.

I personally would not want to be forced into switching and having a choice would definitely be a decent compromise for both sides though I'm sure people wouldn't be open to this anyways.
[Image: 14vs75w.jpg]

I dont think Greg is talking about an actual reset.

I think he just wants to forward-wind the Omniverse story to the point where actual conflicts are occurring between verses, He even said that after the OV storyline ends we can still write and do our own things. That's how I took it at least

Dante's Abyss Placings
2015 - 4th
2016 - 2nd
2017 - 4th

PVP Combat Record
(One-on-One)
3W - 0L - 0D
(TAG-TEAM)
4W - 1L - 0D
[Image: Deadpool_Funny.png]

I'm kind of against shutting down a verse.

I get that less places to write would smoosh us together and be overall good for activity, but we really don't have a low number of members.
We have around about the same amount of members as we did when the scramble happened.

Also, which verses would we shut down? The least used is the Ashen Steppes and the Frozen Fields. Thing is The Ashen Blades faction is located in the Steppes, and it wouldn't be cool to shut that down. (Plus site lore of Volvagia being banished)

As for the Frozen fields, idk, It's not heavily used, but I still don't wanna shut it down. (Orihime wants to write there and I know she's still around)
Dante's Abyss 2015
   GRAND CHAMPION   
[Image: Sasuke_DA_zpsb4vizgxd.png]       
Mark Twain Wrote:
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."

I appreciate everything you are saying. I do not think we should fast forwards Omni's story. However, I want to see the story arc you created, and I believe that Omni's place is unique and should be protected.

I am firmly against Dane coming back as a player. He was given that opportunity and continued to try to run things like the staff. It's in my opinion that if we let Dane come back as a player what will stop him from eventually find his way again on staff? It is also my personal opinion that his actions are unforgivable and I would feel some kind of way if I saw him back in our chat.

It also makes me sad that we would think about shutting down a verse and I agree with Sasuke in that it would be the fields or steeps and I am in the Frozen Feilds.

SAVE THE FIELDS
SAVE THE TROLLS
SAVE OMNI
[Image: 2hwmr21.jpg]

Ok I maybe screw up one thread but I do love writing and creating good stories for the site here.
But I agree with Sasuke a verse shouldn't be shut down.

Orihime has a good point too Omni's place needs protection

So given the current state of activity and things, I'm going to advise those of you looking for an active RPG to look for another. You're also welcome to make your own and base any of the systems on those of the Omniverse (just don't directly rip text, please). It's going to take a lot of work to get this place back on its feet, and I don't currently have the time/energy and to be honest, I don't think anyone currently active is able to either. Next year may be a different story, but I don't want to delude anyone waiting around that this place is definitely going to get back on its feet. If and when I do have time, I'll update on the facebook/twitter.

Everyone is free to continue to use the forums for writing, both IC and OOC, and I can staff some folks up to keep move approvals and switches ticking along. This is basically just so that those of you who still wish to use the site may do so. I'll keep an eye on things and moving into the new year, after I've moved house, I may have some time to work on things but right now it's just not feasible.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

First of all I was drawn here cause it seemed things were pretty organised and well thought out and ironed out already. And the thought of changing the moves seems mostly lazy to me like some people want it to be easier without realising what theyed be giving up. Also as interesting as a reset would be the whole point of the Omniverse is to be the one place that isn’t reset all the time. It’s bad enough with people changing accounts all the time to reset stories.

If the Omniverse ends up just being like every other site then there’s no real point in staying cause it will collapse. Don’t ruin things for your older and more loyal members cause it’ll ruin things for your newer members too.

I mean I’ll be on the staff team if it’s that difficult to find people.