Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talkings

I don't know how many times everyone has to have the discussion about bringing Dane back to the site. At this point does it even matter saying my disagreement because it appears that Dane will be continuously brought up until he is allowed back anyway. 

Dane's actions lead him to a PERMANENT Ban so that means it should be set in stone and in my opinion it should stay that way. If we start going back on our own word then what is the point of any of these rules anyway? Dane didn't just fuck up and it's all good now, like some silly mistake. Dane is manipulative, he hurt people, and he will continue to hurt people if we let him back on this site. 

I was personally proud of the Omniverse decision to can him because Dane's actions made him a menace in this community that affected all of us. So, if Dane was allowed to return I do not know how I would feel about this site after that. It has remained clear that I do not think highly of Dane and my opinion of him is not going to change.
[Image: 2i8ueyq.jpg]
*  Healer  -  Sheild Maiden  -  Guide To Lost Souls  -  Ginger Waifu  *

For the record, I am in the "Banned from Staff for Life" camp.

The thing I remember that was a no go for me, was that Dane refused to approve someone's move in order to manipulate them into not participating in DA. As in, if you go to DA, I just wont approve your moves, so you'll have a horrible time.

To me, that's cheating, and we have always held a zero tolerance for cheating, as far as I have observed. We don't play around with even the people circumventing the rules with IP addresses, so I don't know why we would do so now for manipulation such as blackmail.

For this reason I am against Dane's return, or, at the very least, am against his return currently. It hasn't even been a year since DA and we made Retane wait a lot longer for simply being abrasive/unpleasant in OOC Chat.
Dante's Abyss 2015
   GRAND CHAMPION   
[Image: Sasuke_DA_zpsb4vizgxd.png]       
Mark Twain Wrote:"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."

I think Dane should get his second chance. Perhaps not as staff, but just in general I would like to see him back.
*The emperor of mankind yeets erik into a sun*
[Today 08:03 pm] Erik Vrell : Bruh
[Today 08:03 pm] The emperor of mankind : don't worship gods

(12-20-2018, 10:01 AM)Marisa Kirisame Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 09:52 AM)Marisa Kirisame Wrote: Let him come back if he has shown change for the better. As long as he doesn't slip back into his old ways I have no problem with him here.

Also as a addition to my previous point. Just keep dane off the staff and the problem should be avoided.

I wasn't talking about any point in time, in particular for him returning and if the staff thinks he should wait longer then I have no qualms with that. And if the majority of people feel like dane shouldn't come back on then I'll hold my tongue.
                                            [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10243242]
"While shooting concentrate your mind, gently muttering the spell to the Mini-Hakkero. Aiming at someone you don't like, a magicannon of love will be unleashed!"

(12-20-2018, 10:05 PM)Orihime Inoue Wrote: I don't know how many times everyone has to have the discussion about bringing Dane back to the site. At this point does it even matter saying my disagreement because it appears that Dane will be continuously brought up until he is allowed back anyway. 

Dane's actions lead him to a PERMANENT Ban so that means it should be set in stone and in my opinion it should stay that way. If we start going back on our own word then what is the point of any of these rules anyway? Dane didn't just fuck up and it's all good now, like some silly mistake. Dane is manipulative, he hurt people, and he will continue to hurt people if we let him back on this site. 

I was personally proud of the Omniverse decision to can him because Dane's actions made him a menace in this community that affected all of us. So, if Dane was allowed to return I do not know how I would feel about this site after that. It has remained clear that I do not think highly of Dane and my opinion of him is not going to change.

Orihime, I'm trying to be fair and as honest as possible by putting all the information out there and asking for opinions. I believe there's a lot of misinformation on this topic. And while I have my own opinion, as I said, I'm not about to jeopardise the site as it currently is by pushing it on others.

Regarding the rules, that's the thing. Dane didn't break any rules that would get him banned. The only time we've ever banned established members without any kind of warning is for egregious exploitations. This doesn't fall into that. Basically I view the original banning as being outside of the rules. It's not something we ever would have done.

Anyway I respect your opinion and I'm thankful for you for giving it, I just wanted to explain why.

(12-20-2018, 10:30 PM)Sasuke Uchiha Wrote: For the record, I am in the "Banned from Staff for Life" camp.

The thing I remember that was a no go for me, was that Dane refused to approve someone's move in order to manipulate them into not participating in DA. As in, if you go to DA, I just wont approve your moves, so you'll have a horrible time.

To me, that's cheating, and we have always held a zero tolerance for cheating, as far as I have observed. We don't play around with even the people circumventing the rules with IP addresses, so I don't know why we would do so now for manipulation such as blackmail.

For this reason I am against Dane's return, or, at the very least, am against his return currently. It hasn't even been a year since DA and we made Retane wait a lot longer for simply being abrasive/unpleasant in OOC Chat.

What you said is technically incorrect. The person involved can speak up for themselves if they want. But as far as not approving moves goes, that one is very difficult to pin down. As far as I can tell, it was more like "this person has annoyed me, I'm not going to bother with their moves". The DA thing was separate, and without going into it, it was more of a personal disagreement that didn't involve any exploitation of the rules or staff seniority. It was just a dick move, in other words.

I'm sure Dane would like to speak up on this, because he has told me many of the claims are bullshit, but I'm operating neutrally and simply trying to represent the truth as I've been given it. Part of the problem with this is that most of the information has been disseminated badly to the member base in general.

As far as Retane, the reason he was banned is because he ignored numerous repeated warnings. I personally told him that if he didn't bring himself in line, he was heading for a ban.

I can't say I blame you for holding any of those opinions though. And thank you for giving feedback.

I personally wouldn't have brought this up now, what with it being christmas and I have MUCH higher priorities even specifically on the Omniverse. Like I said, I'm not doing any favours to Dane - I told him the same thing about waiting and appealing the ban later. When I piss off a friend and I know I'm in the right, I still give them some time to cool off, 'cause ... pushing people on issues is stupid and counterproductive.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

I personally thinking Dane should be let back as a normal user.
[Image: testclown.png]
Yuuka Kazami Wrote:Reimu comes back to make another pass at Meira and she just has an idiot neck child.
Credit to Yuuka for the sig

In my humble opinion im all for second chances. However bringing back dane would haaaave to come with a staff ban. There are some things a person in power should not do.

That said the state of the site currently cant afford to lose a law abiding player. If a player leaves because he comes back then we have failed the community

Since Christmas is over and everyone's had a chance to weigh in, I figured I should make a ruling on this.

It seems like the overall consensus at the moment is "unban Dane, keep him off staff".

This is what I'd like to put in the penalty box:

"Dane has been unbanned after reviewing the original ban. The full discussion can be found in this topic, with an explanation of the original ban outlined in this post, in particular.

The long and short of it is: Dane won't be allowed back on staff. It goes without saying that he will be on a short leash."

I know not everyone agrees and not everyone got what they wanted, but as far as trying to represent everyone's opinion equally and do the right thing for the site and community, this seems like the fairest way to proceed.

If anything else needs to be said, please make it known. I'd like to get this done and over with sooner rather than later, but I'll give a few days for anyone else to weigh in if they'd like to.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

Sounds good

I'm fine with that
The soul of the Machine God surrounds thee. The power of the Machine God invests thee. The hate of the Machine God drives thee. The machine god endows thee with life. Live!

01001111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01110010 01110101 01110100 01101000 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00100000 01101111 01101110 01101100 01101001 01101110 01100101

ye
[Image: testclown.png]
Yuuka Kazami Wrote:Reimu comes back to make another pass at Meira and she just has an idiot neck child.
Credit to Yuuka for the sig

Nice. Awesome
[Image: Hijiri_Name_Sig.png]

That is now taken care of! I hope you all had a good holiday period! For me, personally ... it's a little blurry. Perfeccion.