Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Open] Death is Only the Beginning

The peaceful woods in a suburb of Marietta Georgia was interrupted by gunshots, a falling tree, and the sound of flesh being torn open over and over. A blond young man in a now shredded clothes gives a short yell of agony as he is thrown a couple of yards away from a man in a full black suit looking just as bad of shape as the boy's clothes. The young man feels as if his body had red hot railroad spikes had been driven in his body.He got shakily to his feet almost falling back down. He was shaking and barely able to stand. His sword trembled in his hand.   

"You've lost boy. Kneel and I'll spare you Tempest." a man in a tattered black suit told him. "Don't be a hero boy tell me where the others are and I won't kill them...I'll give them a home and m-"  

"Go to hell DarkHeart." Tempest said “All you want is Ember and I dead, so no one else can stand up to you.” he spat blood and raised his sword. He staggered over to DarkHeart. He started to change his form. He grew half a foot and took on characteristics of a humanoid canine. He growled and he felt some of his strength return to him and he charged the man. DarkHeart just took a slash at him with his claws on the end of his fingers and Tempest fell back as he felt a numb sensation in his throat area and golden Ichor sprays from the wound. He tries to curse out his foe but is unable. It's hard to speak with a slashed throat. Is it not?

No no...I’m gonna be fine. I have to keep going for my friends...I can’t go yet. Not yet. He thought in panic. DarkHeart picked his dropped rifle off the ground and simply said “One more to go.” and Tempest didn’t even hear the bang. Death itself felt like...nothing.
His eyes snap open and he found that he couldn’t move or speak and was surrounded by pure darkness. This is a pretty sucky afterlife. Nah this has gotta be purgatory or somethin’ he thought. Then he sees a pure white figure appeared out of the darkness. Wow God is kinda boring looking. At least he’s got a killer smile. He thought and he realized something: the only thing he remembers is his name. The figure spoke.

Quote:“My name is Omni. This is not the world you know. This is the Omniverse. You interest me, so I have made you part of it. The Omniverse is a place that reflects the wishes of those who are part of it. But! There are rules. I will explain them only once, so listen carefully.” 
Omni? I thought God's Name was just...God. he thought. Tempest then held out his hand despite him trying to put it back down, but to no avail. He was handed this orb that looked like a large white and kinda silvery marble with other colors shining off of it despite the room being totally dark.

Quote:“This is Omnilium. It’s what ties the Omniverse together. Without it, you are nothing. With it, anything you desire can be yours. But you will need more than this. If you desire it enough, you will find it. You will find that using it comes naturally. Just think of what you desire most. 

“You will not be alone in the Omniverse. There are others. Of course, they, too desire Omnilium. Do not fear death. For as long as you interest me, you will be reborn. 

“That’s all you need to know right now. You’ll figure out the rest soon enough. I’ll be watching … and waiting.”

Tempest was wanted to ask so many questions but couldn't speak, then he fell asleep. He woke up with his head in a fountain which he quickly fell back from. Then came the pain. Jesus Christ! I have to alive to feel this kind of pain!  he thought and tucked his legs in his arms and shuddered from the cold water dripping down his body. He looked down at his clothes. They were still slashed to ruin and were stained with crimson human blood and Ichor all over them. Despite the pain, there was not a single open wound on his body or if there was his fur, stained with Ichor on his front side covered up most the scars. I feel like a train just hit me. he thought as he tries to get up but one of his legs wouldn't support his weight. through the tears in his jeans, it could be seen not to be a real leg but a prothetic one that was just knocked out of alignment. He started to snap everything back into place on the leg somehow remembering mostly what to do.
Tempest: I Think by far the best thing anyone has said to me is that: 
Quote:You should dream as if you were Immortal, but live as if you'll die today.

I just wish I could remember who told me it.

Although he remembered most of what to do, there were still some parts that he had forgotten their function. He huffed in frustration and thought If only  I remembered. I must have had my notes on my phone or something. He sighed and thought about what he could have been. All he knew is that he was a protector and...a teacher? That's the last thing I would do. he thought. If only he knew. It must have been half an hour of him sitting there and he looked next to him as he heard a soft thump. It was a blue and black backpack had appeared next to him. Tempest muttered, "Hm don't mind if I do." The young monster went through the bag. He pulled out three things: A silver and gold lightning pedant, A touch screen phone with earbuds, and another device that had a place to connect the phone into it. The phone was open to a blueprint of Tempest's prosthetic leg. 

"Convenient." he said to himself and started to now correctly repair the limb.
Quote:You should dream as if you were Immortal, but live as if you'll die today.

He picked himself up off the ground and put the backpack over his shoulders putting the bulky device in his bag and put the phone in his tattered jeans' pocket. He looked around at the many gates in the distance. He was unable to tell proper distance and it made him a little dizzy. His leg now held his weight but he limped on it. It was far from fully repaired but he lacked the tools for the job. Someone in this strange nexus hub or even maybe beyond one of the many gates could help him...or kill him. I'm gonna have to be very cautious...I don't know anyone here. He sighed. He hoped that he wouldn't have to hurt anyone yet. He spotted some white-clad soldiers Maybe they can help. He thought as he approached them. 
"Uh h-hi I'-" 

"State your name Prime." one of them said

"T-Tempest." he stuttered 

He tapped on a tablet "Must be new." he said 

"Yeah I am I wondered if I could ask y-"

"No." he said and their hands slightly shifted to their sidearms. 

Tempest got the message and turned from the soldiers and walked away still not knowing anything. 
Social media. Someone there could give me an answer. There were many flaws in the plan, but he didn't have a better plan so he got his phone out and opened a Public Message Board.  

"Well that went better then I thought it would." Tempest told himself he put his phone back in his pocket feeling a great deal better knowing that someone appeared willing to help him. Maybe just maybe help him make sense of this new strange world. He considered the unknown person's response and finally narrowed down the options that he wasn't going to find them in the place that the soldiers were from. He picked a random gate and started the long walk/jog. His damaged leg slowed him down a good bit. About two and a half hours later he came to a worn looking stone game. 
He took a deep breath and before he stepped through the gate he looked back and wondered Just what have a gotten myself into. He then stepped through the gates to be met by a blast of hot air.

As Tempest stepped back into the Nexus one of his mechanical eyes shut down completely. He updated the unknown person he was messaging on his position and condition. then glimpses of his memories flashed in his still functional eye. They were images like him sparring with his students, teaching normal subjects like Science, English, and history. Then a memory of spreading ashes, there was a deep sadness in the last memory but he didn't know why. The sudden memories left him on the white floor shivering his bleeding real foot pad stained the perfect floor in Ichor. 

Good, we're starting to come back to you, a calm even voice in Tempest's head said to him.

"W-Who the hell are you?" he asked out loud 

Shut up! We're in your head fool!  a shrill and rude voice screeched at him 

Hey! No need to be rude to him. He's just confused. said a voice that was almost like his own. 

We are your other forms Temp, but this place was trying to prevent us from talking to you for a while. 

Cool, cool. I don't mean to rude but I kinda have to find someone that wants to help me right now.

Just be careful Tempest. The voice said and the other voices remained silent.

Okay you guys can talk again. I need some advice. Tempest though as he limp-walked to the fountain already about two and a half hours into the walk to the fountain, so he was almost there.

oh, now you need our help. The snide voice said 

Oh for crying out loud shut it! The calm voice said, a little edge to his voice  

What do you need Tempest? The voice that sounded most like him asked 

I'm meeting an online person to help me repair my tech. I'm not so sure if I should fully let down my guard...I don't even have any weapons.

Wait you're getting help from online people. This plan was horrible from the start. Alright, so you see the necklace you got from the backpack? If you ever need to defend yourself pull it off your neck and you'll have something to defend yourself with. 

Tempest was going to ask more about that but he saw someone standing near the fountain. His ears pinned down in nervousness as he neared. He really hoped that the person had been telling the truth...he doesn't think he's alright with having to fight someone already.

Tempest's other functioning eye started to show static. More memories flashed in his glitching eye unit. This time they were too fast to make out. He was still a football field away from the person. He had trouble telling the distance from him and the person. From what he could tell the person looked human. 

The other voices seemed quiet. Then the voice that sounded most like Tempest said to him, Well go on. We don't have all day. 

Alright, no need to be like that! He thought back as he continues the rest of the way to the person "Heya are you that person that contacted me? On the chat board thing?" He asked as he got closer. His eye unit still prevented him from seeing whoever it was. For all, he knew he was just could have been speaking with...well not the right person.