Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] Golden cross? Nippur? i have some questions and concerns.

Alright i'd like some information on the Golden Cross. It's Mission, what their goals are, etc. I also have some questions.
1.) The Golden Cross is in Nippur doing what exactly besides transporting food and water to the desert city?

2.) Is there plans in place to leave the city to it's self should it not become self sustaining after so long? If so, Would that time limit be fast approaching?

3.) Who runs the Golden Cross and what Verse do they originate from?

4.) Does the Cross have a positive, neutral or negative outlook on the city?

And I also have some questions about Nippur's populous as a whole.

1.) What is stopping the government of Nippur from Rebuilding? (there's is a fully functioning government put in by Gilgamesh) Is it just laziness on the governments front? An inability to do anything? What?

2.) Taking away the time dilation aspect of this problem Nippur has been without Gilgamesh and most of NB for a few years (once before they returned) and a year after they returned. Would enough time have passed that the Secondaries of Nippur would have mixed if not negative feelings about the lack of real progress towards not starving to death and dying of thirst apart from the Cross and the water plant that was liberated? Not to mention the Bandit attacks as well as the general lack of repair for the time NB was gone would have thrashed morale and have people question where NB's true loyalties lie for most of the faction i'd assume.

3.) What's Nippur's Upgrades as a whole? I can't seem to find a list that states what the city has for it in one place.

4.) What's the Government's/Populous opinion on the Golden Cross?

5.) If the people have a negative outlook on Nippur's current government wouldn't their be a civil war about to start considering the utter and complete disregard for moving away from requiring other verses to help the desert city.

6.) What does Nippur even export? Coruscant took everything of value and turned it into omnilium for miles around the verse gate. shouldn't that mean Nippur's exports are all but null in the grand scheme of things? I guess you could say they blow glass but other verses have easier and generally cheaper ways of blowing it (Coruscant has the deeps and Camelot has magic as well as primes who can just summon glass whenever.)

7.) This leads into my next question. If this is the case and the situation is so bad. Why do people even stay there and not head to greener pastures literally? I'm sure Camelot or Coruscant would be willing to take in a bunch of people willing to work for considerably worse conditions than people already living there work for.

Note this is in no way bashing on New Babylon nor do I have any real qualms with anyone in NB beyond some minor stuff, but these are questions that are important to my plans for the future of Marisa and ones I generally have with the current state of Nippur as a whole.
                                            [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10243242]
"While shooting concentrate your mind, gently muttering the spell to the Mini-Hakkero. Aiming at someone you don't like, a magicannon of love will be unleashed!"

bump
"While shooting concentrate your mind, gently muttering the spell to the Mini-Hakkero. Aiming at someone you don't like, a magicannon of love will be unleashed!"

Alright i'd like some information on the Golden Cross. It's Mission, what their goals are, etc. I also have some questions.
1.) The Golden Cross is in Nippur doing what exactly besides transporting food and water to the desert city?
A)That is pretty much it, they are a charity organisation set up to help with the food and water issues before the hydro plant was repaired. 

2.) Is there plans in place to leave the city to it's self should it not become self sustaining after so long? If so, Would that time limit be fast approaching?
A)Actually, if you would have been reading the NB threads like we asked most of our members to do you would realise that the Golden Cross already met its goals and as such became sponsored by Gilgamesh for their helping the city. They then were given the new hospital that Gilgamesh built to use as a base for their doctors to continue to help people so you could say that its state-run and is now the NB version of the NHS. 

A)IIRC they had no prime leader and were first set up by Protomouse from volunteers as a way to atone for his guilt over the damage he helped cause to Nippur, as they are now state-supported, however, you could argue that they would fall under the infrastructure branch (Serraph) or Diplomatic (me) 

A)Read the above statement about being a charity that is now honoured by the people

A)Oh I bet you do ;)

1.) What is stopping the government of Nippur from Rebuilding? (there's is a fully functioning government put in by Gilgamesh) Is it just laziness on the governments front? An inability to do anything? What?
A)Mostly that no one has really put the effort into writing it and many opportunistic little vermin rather than making the assumption that when Gilgamesh summoned a bunch of new secondaries that he would not give any of them at least the basic knowledge on how to keep the city running (Remember, Gil was always a very hands-off leader who also knew that primes where prone to just disappearing whilst secondaries tend to stick around) Instead some people seem to want this idea that "oh the city would be totally lost without primes" and I wonder why they would be pushing that narrative ;;)

2.) Taking away the time dilation aspect of this problem Nippur has been without Gilgamesh and most of NB for a few years (once before they returned) and a year after they returned. Would enough time have passed that the Secondaries of Nippur would have mixed if not negative feelings about the lack of real progress towards not starving to death and dying of thirst apart from the Cross and the water plant that was liberated? Not to mention the Bandit attacks as well as the general lack of repair for the time NB was gone would have thrashed morale and have people question where NB's true loyalties lie for most of the faction i'd assume.
A)The secondaries of Nippur worship Gil as a living god on earth, most of them were summoned by him and thus even Victor who is a scummy politician is treated as a real hero of the people. Nippur is not like a totally liberterian free thinking society, many of the people there have the idea built into their mind that "Gilgamesh works in mysterious ways" convinving the average Nippurian that the state is bad would be like trying to convince a pope that this Satan guy is onto some real good shit.
3.) What's Nippur's Upgrades as a whole? I can't seem to find a list that states what the city has for it in one place.
A)From Memory: Recall Station, T3 defences, Medical Facility

A)Read the above, the people love their government, and the government support the cross 

5.) If the people have a negative outlook on Nippur's current government wouldn't their be a civil war about to start considering the utter and complete disregard for moving away from requiring other verses to help the desert city.
A)Well, they dont so eh. 

6.) What does Nippur even export? Coruscant took everything of value and turned it into omnilium for miles around the verse gate. shouldn't that mean Nippur's exports are all but null in the grand scheme of things? I guess you could say they blow glass but other verses have easier and generally cheaper ways of blowing it (Coruscant has the deeps and Camelot has magic as well as primes who can just summon glass whenever.)
A)Nippur grows wheat especially now that their water facilities are back up and running and having a thriving bakery industry. There where also plans that the farming industry would be using saffron as a cash crop. They also lead the verses in the export of radios to sell to resistance cells around the empire and any bar that wants to enjoy the soothing sound of southern Australian along with some good tunes. 

7.) This leads into my next question. If this is the case and the situation is so bad. Why do people even stay there and not head to greener pastures literally? I'm sure Camelot or Coruscant would be willing to take in a bunch of people willing to work for considerably worse conditions than people already living there work for.
A)The situation is only being painted as bad because now that the big boys have "moved on to greener pastures" you sense an opportunity to get to a position that you would have never reached has the top 8 or so members on NB not left. 

Note this is in no way bashing on New Babylon nor do I have any real qualms with anyone in NB beyond some minor stuff, but these are questions that are important to my plans for the future of Marisa and ones I generally have with the current state of Nippur as a whole.

Now, on the issue of Sank Hawk - Sand Hawk worked for Erik Vrell, who before leaving was under the diplomatic branch of NB (That I lead) I also know for a fact that Erik would hate to see one of the best NPCs on the site be used in a rather out of character betrayal. But I can always message them about this as they are still around for the most part and get a second opinion. 
[Image: LMLzBQ4.gif][Image: psgGbSy.png]                                                                                                                                [Image: 2lvxt0w.gif]

(06-15-2019, 02:07 PM)Victor Wolfe Wrote: Alright i'd like some information on the Golden Cross. It's Mission, what their goals are, etc. I also have some questions.
A)That is pretty much it, they are a charity organisation set up to help with the food and water issues before the hydro plant was repaired. 

A)Actually, if you would have been reading the NB threads like we asked most of our members to do you would realise that the Golden Cross already met its goals and as such became sponsored by Gilgamesh for their helping the city. They then were given the new hospital that Gilgamesh built to use as a base for their doctors to continue to help people so you could say that its state-run and is now the NB version of the NHS. 

A)IIRC they had no prime leader and were first set up by Protomouse from volunteers as a way to atone for his guilt over the damage he helped cause to Nippur, as they are now state-supported, however, you could argue that they would fall under the infrastructure branch (Serraph) or Diplomatic (me) 

A)Read the above statement about being a charity that is now honoured by the people

A)Oh I bet you do ;)

A)Mostly that no one has really put the effort into writing it and many opportunistic little vermin rather than making the assumption that when Gilgamesh summoned a bunch of new secondaries that he would not give any of them at least the basic knowledge on how to keep the city running (Remember, Gil was always a very hands-off leader who also knew that primes where prone to just disappearing whilst secondaries tend to stick around) Instead some people seem to want this idea that "oh the city would be totally lost without primes" and I wonder why they would be pushing that narrative ;;)

A)The secondaries of Nippur worship Gil as a living god on earth, most of them were summoned by him and thus even Victor who is a scummy politician is treated as a real hero of the people. Nippur is not like a totally liberterian free thinking society, many of the people there have the idea built into their mind that "Gilgamesh works in mysterious ways" convinving the average Nippurian that the state is bad would be like trying to convince a pope that this Satan guy is onto some real good shit.

A)Read the above, the people love their government, and the government support the cross 

A)Well, they dont so eh. 

A)Nippur grows wheat especially now that their water facilities are back up and running and having a thriving bakery industry. There where also plans that the farming industry would be using saffron as a cash crop. They also lead the verses in the export of radios to sell to resistance cells around the empire and any bar that wants to enjoy the soothing sound of southern Australian along with some good tunes. 

A)The situation is only being painted as bad because now that the big boys have "moved on to greener pastures" you sense an opportunity to get to a position that you would have never reached has the top 8 or so members on NB not left. 

Now, on the issue of Sank Hawk - Sand Hawk worked for Erik Vrell, who before leaving was under the diplomatic branch of NB (That I lead) I also know for a fact that Erik would hate to see one of the best NPCs on the site be used in a rather out of character betrayal. But I can always message them about this as they are still around for the most part and get a second opinion. 

Vic... are you really trying to say Nippur has a thriving baking industry. IN A DESERT?! WITH NO FARMABLE LAND?! Don't make me laugh. And the industry, are you saying the Empire is being outproduced by a single desert city?! But seriously if this is how you think Nippur is thriving then I have serious concerns.

(06-15-2019, 04:02 PM)Marisa Kirisame Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 02:07 PM)Victor Wolfe Wrote: Alright i'd like some information on the Golden Cross. It's Mission, what their goals are, etc. I also have some questions.

A)Oh I bet you do ;)

A)Well, they dont so eh. 

Vic... are you really trying to say Nippur has a thriving baking industry. IN A DESERT?! WITH NO FARMABLE LAND?! Don't make me laugh. And the industry, are you saying the Empire is being outproduced by a single desert city?! But seriously if this is how you think Nippur is thriving then I have serious concerns.

"No Farmable Land" - We had plans for Hydroponics and desert farming that I assume would have been implemented. Also, that was mostly a joke but yes, electronics like radios are a pretty big part of Nippurian industry, The way you say thriving seems to imply that you need to be an economic superpower to do well. If so I think Switzerland, Arabia, Sweden, Norway, Canada and Japan would like a word.
[Image: LMLzBQ4.gif][Image: psgGbSy.png]                                                                                                                                [Image: 2lvxt0w.gif]

The only thing I'll address is the people of Nippur. While Gilgamesh made them as loyal followers, Secondaries are still people. This means that, yes, in the absence of a "leader", they will still continue to do their best to survive and thrive. This also means that, although Nippur is a Theocracy, the people *can* be swayed out of the faith or into doubting/rebelling against the government. But you have to work at it. Look at real-world religions and countries for examples. Even during their darkest hour (the Holocaust) the cast majority of Jewish people held onto their faith, even under the threat of death. During the same time, there was a French Resistance to the Nazi occupation of their country, again in spite of the threat of death. And talking people into sedition or doubt is even harder. It takes a truly charismatic person to persuade a "patriot" or believer out of their ideals, unless they already have doubts in their mind.

So, if you're planning to take over Nippur, just know what you're getting yourself into. Either through violence or speech, it will be an uphill road. It's gonna hafta be something you commit to, if you want to "do it right".
[Image: tumblr_m82zo9pfJl1ryzhu5o1_r1_500.gif]

(06-15-2019, 04:57 PM)Handsome Jack Wrote: The only thing I'll address is the people of Nippur. While Gilgamesh made them as loyal followers, Secondaries are still people. This means that, yes, in the absence of a "leader", they will still continue to do their best to survive and thrive. This also means that, although Nippur is a Theocracy, the people *can* be swayed out of the faith or into doubting/rebelling against the government. But you have to work at it. Look at real-world religions and countries for examples. Even during their darkest hour (the Holocaust) the cast majority of Jewish people held onto their faith, even under the threat of death. During the same time, there was a French Resistance to the Nazi occupation of their country, again in spite of the threat of death. And talking people into sedition or doubt is even harder. It takes a truly charismatic person to persuade a "patriot" or believer out of their ideals, unless they already have doubts in their mind.

So, if you're planning to take over Nippur, just know what you're getting yourself into. Either through violence or speech, it will be an uphill road. It's gonna hafta be something you commit to, if you want to "do it right".

To add to this I am willing to write up a "what has happened over the past year in Nippur" thread by Having Vic come back for a bit, just to sort this shit out. Either that or I can just take out the trash to the incinerator that is the underverse, either way, it won't take much energy.

(06-15-2019, 04:49 PM)Victor Wolfe Wrote:

A)Oh I bet you do ;)

A)Well, they dont so eh. 

"No Farmable Land" - We had plans for Hydroponics and desert farming that I assume would have been implemented. Also, that was mostly a joke but yes, electronics like radios are a pretty big part of Nippurian industry, The way you say thriving seems to imply that you need to be an economic superpower to do well. If so I think Switzerland, Arabia, Sweden, Norway, Canada and Japan would like a word.

… ah yes I remember you saying yes we have farms. Oh wait I don't because you're changing what someone said on the NB discord calling my farm talks a "fetish" and stupid and that being the general consensus with everyone on the discord that had something to say on my farm talks. (you might not have said they were a fetish but you definitely didn't say that hydroponics was a thing in the city when I was talking about the farms I was going to set up. not once did you mention hydroponics being set up.). Besides as Shantotto's newest post points out the water filtration system (the water plant) is in ill-repair still causing people to get sick and die meaning farms were never built.

If you really want to say the plant is fixed/the bandits being dealt with that's fine. The fact of the matter is that NB for the most part (beyond the ones who stayed besides me) left leaving a slew of problems that the remanding people have to fix. One of which in my opinion is the government needs to be overthrown so something more adaptable and viable to the city's current state can be implemented. The Bandits having a power vacuum because NB rolled in like the USA and broke the bandit's leadership apart. Finding a viable export considering if someone really wanted to buy radios in bulk they'd head over to Coruscant and buy them their for likely much cheaper than what Nippur can sell them for. 

Having the guard run the city is fine and all but it isn't what the city needs (guards are generally going to be inept in running the more paperwork end of things like logistics, industry, zoning, etc.) as shown by the lack of progress made in Nippur since NB has left.

And your whole thriving point makes no sense considering A.) Arabia isn't a real country unless you mean Saudia Arabia and even then it's oil exports are something viable (and should it run out then the country would lose it's one valuable resource and have a lot of major problems.) B.) You never produced more radios than simply handing them out to the people of Nippur, there is no electronics industry in Nippur there simply isn't considering Nippur's exports don't exactly give it a lot of trade power and even then exporting the radios would bump the price higher due to bandit problems (enhanced by the power vacuum vic helped to create) and would mess with the supply trains into Nippur via the golden cross. And when the power vacuum is filled back up someone more cruel and vicious will emerge as the new bandit king/queen. If you really wanted to deal with the bandits truly you'd find a way to make banditry less of a viable occupation than being more viable (because at the moment the dunes are mostly inhospitable except for a few regions here and there)

Finally NB has snubbed potential trade allies in the form of Coruscant and hasn't even looked into Camelot as a ally. Simply asking for support and help in return for an ally in a large faction once you stabilize the region would help begin growth into a empire of your own. But due to Gilg's Anti-Coruscant nature he has failed to look at the positives to a long term relationship with a faction like The Empire or Camelot especially if you are able to re-greenify the region allowing for exponential growth.

(06-15-2019, 05:33 PM)Marisa Kirisame Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 04:49 PM)Victor Wolfe Wrote:

A)Oh I bet you do ;)

A)Well, they dont so eh. 

… ah yes I remember you saying yes we have farms. Oh wait I don't because you're changing what someone said on the NB discord calling my farm talks a "fetish" and stupid and that being the general consensus with everyone on the discord that had something to say on my farm talks. (you might not have said they were a fetish but you definitely didn't say that hydroponics was a thing in the city when I was talking about the farms I was going to set up. not once did you mention hydroponics being set up.). Besides as Shantotto's newest post points out the water filtration system (the water plant) is in ill-repair still causing people to get sick and die meaning farms were never built.

If you really want to say the plant is fixed/the bandits being dealt with that's fine. The fact of the matter is that NB for the most part (beyond the ones who stayed besides me) left leaving a slew of problems that the remanding people have to fix. One of which in my opinion is the government needs to be overthrown so something more adaptable and viable to the city's current state can be implemented. The Bandits having a power vacuum because NB rolled in like the USA and broke the bandit's leadership apart. Finding a viable export considering if someone really wanted to buy radios in bulk they'd head over to Coruscant and buy them their for likely much cheaper than what Nippur can sell them for. 

Having the guard run the city is fine and all but it isn't what the city needs (guards are generally going to be inept in running the more paperwork end of things like logistics, industry, zoning, etc.) as shown by the lack of progress made in Nippur since NB has left.

And your whole thriving point makes no sense considering A.) Arabia isn't a real country unless you mean Saudia Arabia and even then it's oil exports are something viable (and should it run out then the country would lose it's one valuable resource and have a lot of major problems.) B.) You never produced more radios than simply handing them out to the people of Nippur, there is no electronics industry in Nippur there simply isn't considering Nippur's exports don't exactly give it a lot of trade power and even then exporting the radios would bump the price higher due to bandit problems (enhanced by the power vacuum vic helped to create) and would mess with the supply trains into Nippur via the golden cross. And when the power vacuum is filled back up someone more cruel and vicious will emerge as the new bandit king/queen. If you really wanted to deal with the bandits truly you'd find a way to make banditry less of a viable occupation than being more viable (because at the moment the dunes are mostly inhospitable except for a few regions here and there)

Finally NB has snubbed potential trade allies in the form of Coruscant and hasn't even looked into Camelot as a ally. Simply asking for support and help in return for an ally in a large faction once you stabilize the region would help begin growth into a empire of your own. But due to Gilg's Anti-Coruscant nature he has failed to look at the positives to a long term relationship with a faction like The Empire or Camelot especially if you are able to re-greenify the region allowing for exponential growth.

NB has looked at gaining allies, we had actually planned to send you off to Camelot so we didn't need to write with you anymore and we could get a deal with them tbf, although the leadership also thought that you may mess it up so I considered going too.

So.

I don't think I need to explain why this is being closed. Please take any other snide comments or arguments to PMs/DMs. Any further attempts to publicize this argument will result in further disciplinary actions.
[Image: source.gif]
"Centurion: I'll leave you to your work then Dust. Thanks for chatting!
Me: no problem. stay awesome!
Centurion: It's more of a passive ability"