Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NPC] Cyber Cowboy Comeback

The couch was on fire.

The dancing carnivorous conflagration consumed the crusty coffee colored cushions, the compacted cotton center, as well as the carefully constructed coils caringly contained within the core. The captivating carnage came close to cutting Jakob's concentration, which could cause costly chaos in his constantly crazy cranium, consequently, the childish chap cared not for this crap. Coping with catastrophes was cake compared to reconfiguring his rigger control console to combine code and component for a new companion's CPU.

Jakob's body baked beside the brimstone's blaze. Bright burning rim light brimmed on his blood-red bicep from behind, boldly the boy's back blatantly became a barricade between the beaming brown bale and buckets of bolts bot. The broken boy was beyond the simple blank base of business beknownst absolutely as the beacon of beginnings - besides the observed blessings beheld by basic beings beautifully bond of bynames such as rebirth. Being a big brother, Jakob's habitually burdened by abrasive baby sister misbehaving, because of this his behavior of being absorbed in biotics became more than bluffing.

As the intense flames took its time tickling the threads of the token from his tragic term, the timid tyke typed and tinkered thoughtfully. Thickheadedness tuned out the temptation of transpiercing the tiny intricate trinket trapped against his trousers with his tools. Textured interwoven treasures typically are tossed to the tides of time, traversing the trashed intoxicated thoughts, never to be thought of again. Turnt, though, the item tackled this man's tamed intellect with thunderous traction. Titanic was the trauma that the rigger tried to tribute it to the earlier event. Still, theatrics thrown to the side, the intended transient tactics twisted and tainted the thrashed fibers with the thrilling technique that imprinted itself on his mind.

Quietly his mind inquired about the acquaintances he acquired through cliques over the quickly liquidating quests. Squabbling with quick-witted quips coming from a far more inquisitive individual, a queen coquetting with him in an antique basque that had him quaking, and the ever-present quey that he questioned several times on why without acquittal that he was equally grateful for and scarred for.

Vividly their visages vanish in the volumes of visions vaguely often on the verge of vaporizing. Vacant like a vega was the vessel's vault, Volkov's valor was valuable but not victimless - very likely the villain of this venture - his vices were nothing to vaunt about. Variations to vanquish this evil are vast and venomous but not validated. While the individual does not lack violence and he vandalized his own virtues, he has values. By no means is the vicious vigorous vigilante a varnished and tuned violin, but he is vulnerable.

Limited by the lackluster imitation of the Matrix, the local lunatic lassoed a look. Lethargically the lanky loser lad listlessly lurked online. A little lazy and longing for fellowship, the lively lovable lug landed on a channel of communication. Electricity passed between phalanges and meaning, the luxuries of a long lost home lasting just long enough. Lithium lingered before languishing and leaving the legend lacking energy. Just before leaving, a notification in lemon-yellow showed the lemming was looping around to his location. Lustrous illuminated his nearly lucid mind, linking him with the lively lesson learned today.

"Oh," Jakob said. As if he finally noticed the burning furniture beside him. "Okay." he added, vanquishing any hope that he had. Then the Russian ruffian went back to running programs.
[Image: tumblr_maolcpnQS61qakj1do1_500.gif]

Warning: Anything that involves Ash should be rated M. Possibly higher.

Erik Vrell: Ash has a 'love' fourth dimensional shape//As in its wide and unfathomable for us mere mortals

Centurion/Venom: Look, Lassie, you and your overrated succubus are gonna get stomped so hard Ash's morality is gonna mirror back again.

Tempest almost laughed at himself when the "man" just turned out to be his eye unit flashing another memory. "Sooner I get this fixed the better." he said to himself as he sat down at the fountain. Whoever he had contacted wasn't there or more likely he just couldn't see them. He got out his cell and shot "CyberCowboy" another message. He typing skills deteriorated along with his eyesight so he kept it to the point I'm here. was sent to whoever CyberCowboy was. Tempest then tied his makeshift bandage on his foot pad tighter to stop the blood flow. The voices in his head had gone silent to his annoyance. Yeah they were weird but it was the company he had. When they stopped he felt alone. As he waited his thoughts drifted they always came back to the fact that he was tired. His eyelids drooped and his thoughts became sluggish.
Tempest: I Think by far the best thing anyone has said to me is that: 
Quote:You should dream as if you were Immortal, but live as if you'll die today.

I just wish I could remember who told me it.

He was working along, going from his Rigger Council to the physical bits of the bot. Jakob has long since forgotten why he was doing such things, but the determination that he felt when he looked at the trail of blood leading away from the burning couch towards the gate of Coruscant kept him in the constant state of need to do this. The insanity of this man has always been silent but anxious, craving activity while also being subdued by the blanket of Bliss. If he ever remembered his old responsible self, it was shoved back into the decaying grey folds of his mind.

Instead, he chose to think about the fast cars, and briefly of the pretty women.

This was all subconscious, surely. His need for speed tethered to the anxious feeling that he was in a hurry. That he had to chase something down, someone, some concept of a race towards a goal. And the fleeting images of a blonde girl was far too specific to not mean anything. Not that Russian would immediately pick up on any of this. He was still swimming in wires, flames, crimson, and numbers. An enormous amount of numbers. Flowing like waterfalls, his head the rocks that the water crashes upon. Half weathered away already.

He realized amongst the zero's that he had found a one. That one was a message. Daniel. The kid who'd reached out for help has entered the Nexus. That's great... But he was a little tied up. After another look around, it would seem he finally noticed the couch next to him. More importantly, its extreme properties of being on fire. Despite this observation, it didn't come to him as a treat to his life, but as a way to give the guy directions. With quick tappings of his fingers, practiced pressure application from the deadliest red robot arm, the Russian sent another message. But if there was any resistance from his new friend, he may need to get up...

With a sigh, he hit send and went back to his robot parts in his lap.

Erik Vrell: Ash has a 'love' fourth dimensional shape//As in its wide and unfathomable for us mere mortals

Centurion/Venom: Look, Lassie, you and your overrated succubus are gonna get stomped so hard Ash's morality is gonna mirror back again.

Daniel hauled himself up and knocked the side of his head several times. His right eye unit refocused and he indeed saw...a burning couch 
Wow they weren't kidding.

Oh now you decide to come back. He thought

Focus and get help please we don't need to get killed a second time. The voice similar to his said.

He listened to the voice yawned and started hobbling over to the burning couch he also saw the trail of crimson blood 
That's sure a good sigh.

Shut up I bet they won't try to kill us if we're not assholes.

But being nice is cheating!

He sighed as he left behind bloody left footprints, a trail of Ichor. He saw the person and thought I defiantly found the right guy. The parts in his lap and the... Holy shit! That arm looks almost flawless.  
He spoke up and said "Heya umm I'm Daniel I-I can wait until you're done...can't really...or shouldn't really go anywhere until I can properly walk and see." he said with a nervous little laugh.  He then sat a distance away that gave the man some personal space "Kind of hard to miss the burning couch." he said "Also is that your blood? Sorry if I'm annoying you." he said then stopped talking.
Quote:You should dream as if you were Immortal, but live as if you'll die today.

Jakob was fairly unimposing looking, from the lanky but fit build, his slightly dirty grey hair, bags for miles down the front of his face, and the fog of something making his stone grey eyes look as dull as unrefined diamonds. He was about as short as an adult can get - shorter because he was sitting down - at about 5'6". His skin looked like he has seen some sun, but didn't lay up on beaches for a living.

He looked up when he heard someone talking, up into at least one eye... One and a half if he shifted his head a little to the left. As the anthropomorphic creatures rambled on nervously, the man near the couch was inspecting the damage. Going so far to looking down to see a mess of a foot that barely held his weight. If the boy noticed him and grew silent, Jakob was still not responding to the questions, yet. His crome red arm lifted its fingers to his chin and rubbed through the stubble as he thought about how to even start.

"Da." he said. The thickest russian accent made his voice slow an encombered, as if it was carrying him and his words instead of the other way around. He put his robot down on the ground to get up himself and talk to Daniel. "How you say... The Nexus is flat? So... People can view it from very far away." Jakob explained, motioning into the distance as he tried to convey his broken mind to potentially a sane one. Then, as if hearing the other questions like they were just being said, he looked down at the aged blood stains in the ivory stage.

The couch wasn't just on fire, it was a broken heap. As if someone had picked it up over their head and threw it. It was beyond belief that this stanger had done it. Even the metal arm that connected right to his shoulder - easily seen because of Jakob's lack of sleeves - could have done it. Someone twice, even three times the size of Jakob had to be responsible.

The Russian turned one way and then to the other. His normal fleshy hand then pointed to the fan shaped splatter on Daniel's side of the couch. "Dat one is mine." he decided, then pointed to the stuff on his side. "Dis one is... I don't know. Not mine."

"Oh shit..." he said noticing the couch's condition "You're okay right?" he asked the stranger. His pulse quickened once he started to inspect the damage from his now standing position near the couch. "I feel like I should know how to fix this stuff. You don't know how frustrating it is to have the answers but not able to pick them out. It's like...an encrypted computer file...like I don't the authority to view my own memories." he said deciding to get into a standing position as well. He only was a head taller then the man in front of him. He felt a little light-headed so he tightened his make shift bandage once more. He pointed with his own prosthetic arm to the stranger's metal arm"That's a...man it's on a different level than mine. It's really good." he said

The fanned out splatter of blood has long since dried and the flames of the couch fire were probably helping to bake it to perfect golden-brown standards. It was consistent if Daniel was verse in the language of such things, a gun firing through someone's body. If he looked around, he may even find the shell and bullet that made it. Obviously, it had to have exited from his body, or else it wouldn't have covered the Nexus in goretastic graffiti. Perhaps it was even under the flaming furniture that still danced its light across the chrome red arm.

A hyper-science-fiction style kind of arm. A star outlined in a darker red could be made out when the glare of its sleek appearance. If one guessed its performance on its aerodynamic appearance, one would guess its for speed. Obviously it would be more durable than the fleshy thing that dangled out of his other arm socket, but it looked fragile enough to add to the suspicion of its primary function. Visually it was a work of art. It appeared to be of the top line of robotic prostetics. And if Cyber Cowboy said he could fix it, then surely he could fix Daniel's mess of parts.

At least in theory.

When it was brought to Jakob's attention that he was impressed with the arm, the Russian smiled friendly like.

"Good? I would hope so. I only had to lose an arm for it." he explained, with a smile. Making this seem like a joke, which only felt confirmed by his jovial comments. And yet, at the edge of the topic, there was almost a warning. Like the fire, you didn't want to get too close to it or else there would be pain to be had. "But you? You look bad." he pointed towards the obvious damage. "I can fix parts, but I cannot fix blood." he noted, pointing to the bleeding parts of his foot.

He smiled at the comment of only having to lose an arm. He felt he should know what that's like too...well because he was down a flesh arm, leg, and eye.

He dismissed his bleeding foot pad "I can fix that." He assured the man. "Flesh heals. Other parts not so much. The neural connections must have been weakened with the original trauma." At least he remembered that his tech ran with neural stimulation. He may regret it it he trusted the man. "I know how that feels, losing body parts that is." He joked "Alright let's get to it." He said turning the connections off in his damaged foot and eye sitting back on the ground disconnecting the physical connections to his ankle.

Regret might be the best word for this.

Jakob followed his example and flopped back to the ground, pulling his tool box closer and taking up the pieces given to him. The Russian took some time to examine them, annalyse the damage, fiddle with things he probably shouldn't, and things he should. It was about the time his patient might be wondering if this guy actually knew what he was doing or if he just stumbled upon these robot parts and is claiming the ability to fix them when Cowboy's pale skinned hand reached into the box.

The Russian boy went for the leg parts first. Bigger and easier to work on.

It reminded him of the long nights for a week he spent on modifications to a robot he affectionatly named Andrew. Whether that name was a play on words or the simple mistake of tongue for the non-English speaker remained a mystery, but it was for the android he accomadeered during an early mission. One he'd been dragged by the ear practically to do by Anja. The one he took a shotgun to the gut and lived by some miricle. As if his Guardian Angel hadn't abandoned him, or at the very least neglected him for a good few years. After all, his only friend in the world at that point was a 12-year-old girl and a doctor who let him stay on her couch out of fucking pity.  The only reason he probably wasn't kicked out sooner was because he did a good job at hiding his hard habits, and the guy was a mechanic.

Oil spills turned to oil paintings in his memory for a brief moment, and the Cyber Cowboy stopped working. As if something was finally coming back to his narcotic-filled chaotic mind...

...Only to fade back into nothingness.

Jakob went back to what he was doing: Realigning pieces, bolting them down. Even welding shit when he had to. Dangerously without protection of any form, but it was done. If he went blind doing it, who the hell cared? Not exactly the most lovavble idiot in the Omniverse, Jakob didn't really have bonds. Not even a cute little kid to make bad jokes with... He hoped that Anja wasn't being too strict on the girl.

His thoughts were interrupted by the realization that he was done repairing the leg. He handed the prosteticover to Daniel with a goofy smile, and pushed his box closer to allow the kid the ability to put it back on himself if he was up to it. He then turned to the optical device, scratching his head for a second.

The optical unit itself looked identical to a real eye besides the unnatural glow it had in the socket that had switched off when he pulled it out of his skull. There was a bronze colored cable that went into his body through the now empty socket. Did Daniel really know what he was doing? Yes and no. The more time he spent in the omniverse the more memories he regained. Like...oh he could change the colors of his creations by messing with a sensor on the back of his head. Wait...there was another sensor hidden by his clothes and fur. It was located on the base of his neck. He would test it after he was sure this man wouldn't murder him...although if he was going to do that...he already would have. He took some tools from the box and started connecting his appendage back to his body...hey it seemed in functioning order. This guy seemed like not such a bad man...or was good at hiding his true self. Who knows? All he knew is that he seemed to be knowing what he was doing. He seemed to relax a bit as he connected the repaired body part with a final satisfying click.

The Russian turned the eye over in his chrome red hand, carefully considering what to do with it. It if was malfunctioning though, somthing had to be done. Or else his new friend would be without half his sight.

Friend?

Did he have any right to call anyone a friend as of lately. Somthing that tasted like rusted metal in the back of this throat which turnd a hole in his stomach told him otherwise. Hot lead weighted his optimisim down, anchoring the ship that was Jakob to a pier, He suddenly felt like a ghost ship that they tied down to make a museum from. Phantoms that used to b vivid memoris dance wisply through the halls of his mind. Yet, something clung to him like a poltregiest... Like he hadn't just forgotten every little incident that might have plagued his nights with unnesscary questions of why, what if, and how.

But that something from his cor was seriously missing from the rainbows of his clouded mind.

The man paused for a moment in his internal thoughts to remember he was holding the eye of some new prime that had been beckoning for help.

One moment Jakob was having a staring contest with they abyss, and then the very next second the golf-ball sizd orb was crushed with all the grace of a bord frat boy. Microscopic parts rained down on th floor and scattered somewhere under the burning couch.

Without blinking, or even looking up from his work, Jakob began to summon somthing. A magical ray of colors both known and ones that didn't even have names started flowing through the addict prime. Like a good trip and a half, this would be a fond memory for one of the two. After a couple of minutes of focusd silence - where Jakob ignored all and everything happening around him - the strange man summoned a perfectly plastic yellow easter egg. Which he deaftly hands over to the boy prime before standing up and began to clean up the rest of his 'workshop'.

Tempest jumped and his expression turned to anger at the completely ruined mess of parts but held his tongue as something else seemed to be happening. The new prime's head tilted at the colors. Was that the stuff Omni had shown him prior to his arrival. He didn't know nor did it matter much to him as he was handed...an easter egg. Tempest opened the egg and oh it's a new optical prosthetic. He smiled and connected it to the cable in his eye socket and his full sight returns. "Thank you so much my friend." Daniel says as he sticks out his real hand for the Cyber Cowboy to shake. "I don't think I ever got your name..." He says

"Eh?" Jakob groaned. Apparently having already moved on to his own toys and parts. His tool box looked like it has seen better days and more organized days. A saying about geniuses possibly came to mind when one saw it. However, there wasn't nearly enough evidence to prove it to be true in any possible way with him. He was already picking up the small things and tossing them haphazardly into the box with no apparent attention to details like which tool went in which slot. 

Everything always ended up in the bottom anyways, right?

"Oh." the Russian sounded distracted. "Da, I am Cowboy. From da Dataverse." His accent seemed to only thicken as time went on. "At least... I hope I am. Dat would be embarrassing if I were not. And you let stranger fiddle with all your tiny mechanics." he let out a hardy laugh. It was also somewhat strained to even the untrained ears of the new prime. "I guess you did let stranger do the fiddling. Who is fool at dat point?" he giggled and then was off to ramble his thoughts while he collected a robot he'd been trying to piece together.

His hands grazed over the parts that weren't exposed, and some that were. He frowned, and decided to just toss the machine into the couch fire. He needed to go. 

"Velp. I am bored. So I see you later." his broken English explained it all, and he debated on even wasting his time picking up any more than he did.

The message was clear to Tempest and nodded said another thank you and I went on my way. He hoped that he would see this person again for he did owe the Cyber Cowboy now. He stood by the fountain eventually and leaned against it to change the bandages...the footpad wound was healed. Neat. The prime put the gross makeshift bandage in his backpack and took out his cell phone. When the young prime had died and was brought here he had lost his original purpose, and was lost, and was now...alone. The canine boy went online to find a new purpose.