Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cally Burn

CHARACTER NAME: Cally Burn

CHARACTER SOURCE: OC (Futuristic earth. Few differences along the way)

CHARACTER HISTORY: Uh, is this thing on? It is? Alright then, guess I should get started. Ok, ok. Where to begin…?

Well, I had a fairly routine childhood, mother and father, two younger sisters always going on and on about boys and how school is such a drag, fluffy dog named Poncho. All the good stuff. Never had any real reason to complain either, after all, life was good. Hell, when dear old dad introduced me to the miracle of guns, it just got all the better, to be honest… The feel of the grip, the kick with each shot, the euphoric smell accompanying every round downrange. Those silly ray guns be damned, the old school guns are where it's at! Uh, yeah. I spent a LOT of my free time at shooting ranges. Had to work two jobs all through high school to afford all of my beautiful babies, but ohhhh was it worth it. I mean, have you ever held a type 32 revolving action Raptor? Let me tell you, that 65 caliber pistol had one hell of a punch!

Anyways, I’m getting a little off-topic here. I tend to get carried away when I’m talking firearms you see. Well, that and my music. Don’t get me started on my music! I can go on and on for hours about the finer parts of techno jazz verses trance and how the world is really missing out on some of those smaller beatstep guys I found a few years back on the net.

Right, right… Uh… Well, now I’m 24, work for this big security company, AEK, as a heavy weapons and demolitions expert. Not exactly the most accurate person in the firm, but when I’m spitting several thousand rounds downrange every minute, I more often than not take care of any problems we may be facing, one way or another. Though, we were hardly ever called out anymore. All of the organized crime that was running rampant got wiped out not that long after the company came to town and now the common police are able to handle anything that comes up.

All in all, life was going great for me. Good family. Great job. More firepower being packed in my Discourse Crystal than most people will ever see in their lifetime. It was… It… was honestly rather boring… I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved what I was doing and all, it just felt like there was more out there to see. More out there to do. As much as it seemed like I was living the dream, the moment this little white guy pulled me away from it all, I was thrilled.

I just hope there’s a steady supply of ammo wherever this Omniverse is...

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

[Image: bc12e4621c29bf60766ac7f360bf7013.jpg]
Height: 66”
Weight: 165 lbs
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Waist length Silvery Grey
Build: Athletic

STATS:
ATK:5
DEF:2
SPD:1
TEC:2

STARTING PROFICIENCIES (1600 OM): Ranged Proficiency (1000 OM), Area Attack Proficiency (600 OM)

STARTING POWERS (2000 OM): 

Survival (2000 OM): In combat, Cally’s music and the euphoria of shooting her babies renders her numb and barely aware of any damage she may receive. So long as she can keep pulling the trigger, she’ll have a smile on her face.

STARTING MOVES (1200 OM):

Discourse Crystal (Fluff): A high-grade storage system from back home, the Discourse Crystal itself is embedded in her spine, just below the skull. Roughly a thumb-sized blue crystal attached to her nervous system that enables large amounts of storage. When she got her job at AEK, two “Connector Crystals” were implanted in her forearms to more readily access her weaponry. The actual act of retrieving items is effectively instantaneous, with the item appearing in a brief flash of blue at one of the crystal locations. Storing items is a lot harder to do, however, provided they aren’t made with this in mind, that is. 
It takes a good hour of deep scanning by a specialized machine in order to load a new object into the Discourse Crystal unless Cally herself summoned the item with the crystal in mind. Should that be the case, storage is effectively instantaneous, much the same as retrieval. 
(Put simply, it's her storage system for her items and guns. If it’s not hers, she will not be able to just dump it in to hide it.)

Type 32 Revolving Action “Raptor” (Ranged 300 OM): .65 caliber revolver capable of being drawn instantly from one of the Connector Crystals. This monster of a handgun has solid accuracy and strikes with heavy force, though the recoil was high enough that it was taken off the shelves for the general populace. After careful modifications were made, the once six-shooter now has a mechanism that ejects the spent round after every shot and swiftly replaces it with a new round pulled from her Discourse Crystal. While this effectively eliminates the need for reloading, it also reduces the fire rate to one round per second.  
The vast majority of the eight-pound revolver is made of black steel. The weapon was customized with neon green etchings down its right side that stretch past the cylinder, modified to rotate clockwise for the mechanism, and down into the grip. Overall, the etchings give an appearance of some sort of reptile spreading its maw towards the intended target.
Cally lovingly calls it Rusty.

Type 32 Revolving Action “Raptor” (Ranged 300 OM): .65 caliber revolver capable of being drawn instantly from one of the Connector Crystals. This monster of a handgun has solid accuracy and strikes with heavy force, though the recoil was high enough that it was taken off the shelves for the general populace. After careful modifications were made, the once six-shooter now has a mechanism that ejects the spent round after every shot and swiftly replaces it with a new round pulled from her Discourse Crystal. While this effectively eliminates the need for reloading, it also reduces the fire rate to one round per second. 
The vast majority of the eight-pound revolver is made of black titanium. The weapon was customized with neon green etchings down its left side that stretch past the cylinder, modified to rotate counterclockwise for the mechanism, and down into the grip. Overall, the etchings give an appearance of some sort of bird, beak open and diving towards the intended target.
Cally affectionately calls it Nail.
(Same weapon as above, different potential upgrades down the line. Only way I could see to do this how I wanted...)

G.R.A.V. 46 “Goliath” Minigun (Ranged, Area Attack 300 OM): A six barreled, self-powered, and chain fed weapon capable of unloading around two thousand rounds downrange per minute. While the recoil is essentially negligible thanks to the weight of the minigun, the accuracy is abysmal resulting in the equivalent of a moderate damage attack in a narrow cone in front of her, damage increasing drastically should the target be within close ranges. This cone will continue to spread roughly five feet in width every fifty feet traveled and continue going until it strikes something. Unfortunately, this particular model is prone to overheating under long bouts of continuous fire, allowing no more than a minute before the automatic safety comes on to allow the heat sinks to do their work, requiring ten seconds of downtime before the safety is removed. It is also worth noting that this class of weapon has a longer than average wind up time compared to other models of minigun, requiring the first of its two triggers to be depressed for at least two seconds before the barrels get up to speed and enabling weapon discharge.
This hulking beast weighs close to a hundred pounds and automatically comes with a sling over Cally’s shoulders when withdrawn from the Discourse Crystal. The ammunition belt is run on a track along her waist and up her spine, drawing ammo directly from the primary crystal. The weapon itself has very few etchings, little more than a few neon green dots along the barrels. Get them spinning, though, and those dots come to life, giving the appearance of claw marks raking across them.
Cally’s foes have given this weapon many names:  Dragon, Thunder, Avalanche, Wrath of God… She happily named it Big Bear.

Slug Thrower Mk. 7 (Ranged, Area Attack 300 OM): Cally doesn’t always buy her guns, this one is of her own design. A 1 gauge shotgun modeled after one of the old M32 Grenade launchers, this six shooting shotgun puts a tremendous amount of buckshot downrange with every shot. With a max effective range of twenty feet, the Mk. 7 deals heavy damage to everything within a twelve-foot wide cone and, thanks to the recent addition of the pump-action handle, can reach fire rates of one round every second, though the extreme amount of recoil discourages this. After the six shots are expended, however, the entire cylinder must be replaced for the reload, taking roughly five to six seconds to complete. 
Due to the “experimental” nature of this weapon, Cally has yet to really detail it, resulting in a simple gunmetal coloration.
Cally has adoringly dubbed it Thumper.

I confirm that I have read and agreed to the Rules of Conduct. Several times over.

Where did you find us? It’s me, Taloc! Finally making a second character!

Quote:
Quote:Type 32 Revolving Action “Raptor” (Ranged 300 OM): .65 caliber revolver. This monster of a handgun has solid accuracy and strikes with heavy force, though the recoil was high enough that it was taken off the shelves for the general populace. After careful modifications were made, the once six-shooter now has a mechanism that ejects the spent round after every shot and swiftly replaces it with a new round pulled from her Discourse Crystal. While this effectively eliminates the need for reloading, it also reduces the fire rate to one round per second. 
The vast majority of the eight-pound revolver is made of black steel. The weapon was customized with neon green etchings down its right side that stretch past the cylinder, modified to rotate clockwise for the mechanism, and down into the grip. Overall, the etchings give an appearance of some sort of reptile spreading its maw towards the intended target.
Cally lovingly calls it Rusty.
What's the range on this revolver and how long does it take for her to draw the weapon?

Quote:Type 32 Revolving Action “Raptor” (Ranged 300 OM): .65 caliber revolver. This monster of a handgun has solid accuracy and strikes with heavy force, though the recoil was high enough that it was taken off the shelves for the general populace. After careful modifications were made, the once six-shooter now has a mechanism that ejects the spent round after every shot and swiftly replaces it with a new round pulled from her Discourse Crystal. While this effectively eliminates the need for reloading, it also reduces the fire rate to one round per second. 
The vast majority of the eight-pound revolver is made of black titanium. The weapon was customized with neon green etchings down its left side that stretch past the cylinder, modified to rotate counterclockwise for the mechanism, and down into the grip. Overall, the etchings give an appearance of some sort of bird, beak open and diving towards the intended target.
Cally affectionately calls it Nail.
The same thing as the top applies here, need to know somewhat of its range and how fast she can draw the weapon from the Discourse Crystal.

Quote:A six barreled, self-powered, and chain fed weapon capable of unloading around two thousand rounds downrange per minute. While the recoil is essentially negligible thanks to the weight of the minigun, the accuracy is abysmal resulting in the equivalent of a moderate damage attack in a narrow cone in front of her, damage increasing drastically should the target be within close ranges. This cone will continue to spread roughly five feet in width every fifty feet traveled and continue going until it strikes something. Unfortunately, this particular model is prone to overheating under long bouts of continuous fire, allowing no more than a minute before the automatic safety comes on to allow the heat sinks to do their work, requiring twenty seconds of downtime before the safety is removed. It is also worth noting that this class of weapon has a longer than average wind up time compared to other models of minigun, requiring the first of its two triggers to be depressed for at least two seconds before the barrels get up to speed and enabling weapon discharge.
This hulking beast weighs close to a hundred pounds and automatically comes with a sling over Cally’s shoulders when withdrawn from the Discourse Crystal. The ammunition belt is run on a track along her waist and up her spine, drawing ammo directly from the primary crystal. The weapon itself has very few etchings, little more than a few neon green dots along the barrels. Get them spinning, though, and those dots come to life, giving the appearance of claw marks raking across them.
Cally’s foes have given this weapon many names:  Dragon, Thunder, Avalanche, Wrath of God… She happily named it Big Bear.

Just need to know how long it takes to summon the weapon from the Discourse Crystal, I would argue that the cooldown is to long but given that she has more then one weapon and that the minigun spits a lot of bullets out in under a few seconds, I'll let it pass.

Quote:Slug Thrower Mk. 7 (Ranged, Area Attack 300 OM): Cally doesn’t always buy her guns, this one is of her own design. A 1 gauge shotgun modeled after one of the old M32 Grenade launchers, this six shooting shotgun puts a tremendous amount of buckshot downrange with every shot. With a max effective range of twenty feet, the Mk. 7 deals heavy damage to everything within a twelve-foot wide cone and, thanks to the recent addition of the pump-action handle, can reach fire rates of one round every second, though the extreme amount of recoil discourages this. After the six shots are expended, however, the entire cylinder must be replaced for the reload, taking roughly five to six seconds to complete.
Due to the “experimental” nature of this weapon, Cally has yet to really detail it, resulting in a simple gunmetal coloration.
Cally has adoringly dubbed it Thumper.
Need's the ammount of time required to summon the weapon from the Discourse Crystal.

It's written in the description of the Discourse Crystal that all withdrawals of items happen near instantly in a flash of blue light... Not entirely sure how I could work that into the minigun or slug thrower, but I put it into the revolvers. I also halved the cooldown time at your suggestion, added a wind-up, and slightly increased damage as a result. Anything else you need?

Approved!

I believe you know the drill seeing as you're staff.

Name: Cally Burn
Spent OM: 4800
Proficiencies (1600): Ranged Proficiency (1000 OM), Area Attack Proficiency (600 OM)
Powers (2000/8000): Survival (2000 OM)
Moves (1200) Discourse Crystal (Fluff), Type 32 Revolving Action “Raptor”, Type 32 Revolving Action “Raptor”, G.R.A.V. 46 “Goliath” Minigun, Slug Thrower Mk. 7
Super Moves (0):
Transformations (0):
Assists (0):
Items (0):
Artifacts: None
Consumed OM (0): (for consumed items or OM permanently lost from respecs, etc)
Bases (0):

Unlocks (0):
Base stats:
ATK:5
DEF:2
SPD:1
TEC:2