Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thief's retribution.

Marisa walked to Tear labs resisting the urge to run from her fate having already dropped her weaponry back with Nitori. No she'd face it head on and would deal with the consequences. Reaching the front gate she'd stared simply as she wondered how she was going to do this. Would... someone just see her and bring her in or would something else happen? Well hopefully she hadn't missed the time limit but she had a feeling she had. Oh well, she had to do some stuff anyways. She was a busy woman and she still held up most of her side of the threat to show up.

Quote:i'm back to finish this up.
                                            [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10243242]
"While shooting concentrate your mind, gently muttering the spell to the Mini-Hakkero. Aiming at someone you don't like, a magicannon of love will be unleashed!"

As Marissa draws closer to the front gate of TEAR Labs, she can't help but notice every turret on the wall turn to face her. While certainly an intimidating sight, the fact they hadn't opened fire is a good sign, right? The four guards in heavy black armor outside the gate seem to notice her a split-second later, though with a far different reaction.

"Well well well! Look at that, Tank," one of the four guards hollers out, lifting his repeater up over his shoulder. "The little thief showed her pretty blonde face. Looks like you owe me a drink!"

"She's over a week late. Don't owe you a damn thing," the second guard, Tank, responds. 

"Quiet down you two," a third guard snaps, the chevron on his chest clearly placing him as the highest rank of the gate guards. "You there, Marisa Kirisame. You're under arrest. Come quietly and we won't have to hurt you."

To suit his words, the higher ranking guard strides forward, pulling a set of handcuffs from a pouch at his side. "Oh no," Marisa mutters. "Big scary guards threatening me to do exactly what I came here to do. Whatever shall I do?"

The sarcasm was lost on the chevron. "Not a damn thing, that's what."

Chevron roughly pulls her arms behind her back, locking the handcuffs around her wrists and just as Marisa goes to take a step towards the gate, something clicks in place around her neck. "And this will make sure of it.

"Top of the line in Prime detainment. Better get used to the feel, thief, cause this baby isn't coming off anytime soon. Now get moving. I'm told the boss wants a word with you."

If it wasn't for the helmet, Marisa would've swore he was smiling. Even so, she let herself be lead indoors, not that she could've stopped him if she wanted at this point. This collar, whatever it was doing, it was certainly effective. Her movements felt sluggish, her mind just foggy enough to prevent any deep thought, and all of her abilities might as well not have existed. She felt, well, normal. Sort of.

Before she realized it, she was handed off to some unmarked trooper in black armor and shepherded into an elevator. Was the door locked? She couldn't remember to save her life at this point. What was she even doing here? 

As Marisa pondered the question, she was led deeper into the facility, the surroundings blurring together until she was stopped in front of a large metal door that looked like it belonged on a starship rather than an underground research lab. A blue light scans over the two of them before the door slowly opens. Several large slabs of metal, easily resulting in a door that's a foot thick, rotates open revealing none other than Captain Keller.

Marisa's mind focuses as she sees the six-foot-tall man in the flesh, taking in the finer details of his tidy white hair and slightly glowing red eyes before starting to drift off once more. The Captain looks the thief over and smiles, casually lifting a mug up to his lips before setting it to the side. 

"You're late Miss Kirisame," he says calmly, somehow already at her side. "Though, since you did deign to come of your own volition, the least I can do is cancel the order on your companions. A shame really. We might've been able to use Nitori.

"Regardless, I would've much preferred you come on time. Now we have to go through an entire reprogramming before we can begin proper tests, and there's no guarantee you'll come away unscathed from such a thing."

Keller gently lifts Marisa's chin so that he can look into her slightly clouded eyes before continuing. "Should the process be completed successfully, your debt will be considered paid in full. Should you make any attempt to resist, and I do hope you remember this clearly, I will reinstate the order to capture your companions, namely this..." Keller casually glances to a display on the wall. "Alice Margatroid. You will be disposed of and she will take on your debt."

Turning away from the collared prime, Captain Keller issues a few commands that are lost to Marisa and she gets led away.

Quote:This has become a quest for redemption. This will be a varient on the "There Are No Lines" quest already in place and will have simlar minimum word requirements to complete. I personally recommend 8k.

Additional requirements needed:
-Must go through a "reprogramming" scene

I'll be happy to help out with ideas if you get stuck along the way. While this is meant to be a punishment, I hope you rise to this challenge rather than try to blaze through it. Best of luck!
In battle it is important to keep a sharp blade

But it is by far more important to keep a sharp mind.

Marisa was getting pushed around and she while something screamed in the fog of her mind to retaliate and escape it was silenced by the deafening mental fog. So she continued to be ushered through the pristine, white, tiled, halls. Reaching the elevator she entered as they went down into the basement levels. 

Taking a left she entered a darkened room with unsteady steps as it was quiet except for the footsteps and machines running in the background.

A bright light turned on in the room as the witch blinked away the pain as her unfocused eyes looked around slowly. In the room it was lightly furnished, toilet, bed, sink all in metal riveted to the ground, and an white psychiatric outfit in a dull blue color lying on the beds simple sheets. The walls were a simple light blue in nature, and the roof with the floor were that same tiled white as outside. On the wall behind the sink was a mirror also bolted to the wall

A voice came out behind her as her caretaker spoke with a deep and commanding voice. “Change into the clothing then knock once your finished.” Pushing the woman lightly into room the door slammed behind her.

Walking over to the bed Marisa picked up the clothing with a gentle hand as she started to undress letting the pieces of her identity fall to the side. Then began slipping the gown on feeling the cheap clothing drape over her skin. Slipping her shoes off then her socks she grabbed the socks and pants on the bed before slipping them on as well.

Taking one last look at the clothing on the floor she began to fold them with practiced motions. Once laid on the bed neatly, walking over to the door she gave it two short light knocks. Opening the door the man nodded slightly as he motioned her to follow. The witch would follow with a unsteady but determined look to her fate.

Quote:had nothing to continue it with and I should get a post out so...
"While shooting concentrate your mind, gently muttering the spell to the Mini-Hakkero. Aiming at someone you don't like, a magicannon of love will be unleashed!"

The sound of footsteps was the only sound that could be heard while the witch was being corralled into a room. Once inside the witch could see the massive amount of medical equipment. After a few seconds they started to manhandle her into a chair causing her to start to weakly struggle against the men and women. To call it a fight would be over exaggerating it, she lacked the strength to really make an effort against her captors.

Once strapped in time seemed to slow down to a crawl while machines went to work. A scream ripped from her lips against her will as electricity rushed through her veins. After only in reality a few seconds the electric shock ended as her vision and her mind hazy. Around her various men and women went to work. 

One in particular was writing stuff down while they sifted through the many memories of the witches mind seeing how they could rearrange these memories and adjust them to their advantage. There was one bright idea in the head though. It wasn’t to gain power, nor was it to gain immortality at least not anymore. While those dreams and aspirations were quite powerful in guiding her actions it was actually something more humanitarian, to greenify the dunes using magic. While the mind reader prepared to head to the doctor to relay his findings. Until a memory came into sight, it burned with an intensity of a sun forcing the doctor to look and see what the memory was.

It was her hatred for the power-hungry bastards that ran the city and then ran and hid only desiring power and not the responsibility for such power, she even considered Gilgamesh  to be not much better than the power hungry gods and leaders of the various factions in her old world. Blinking a few times they began to tweek and manipulate her memories to intensify these powerful emotions.

After a few hours the first session was over with a silent witch who was mentally thanking it to be over. Being released from her bindings the witch shakily got off the chair as she used the arm as to keep her from collapsing. With a few doctors surrounding her to help her from collapsing and hurting herself. But she forced herself to walk by herself, even in her foggy mind she wouldn’t give these people the knowledge that she needed their help her pride wouldn’t allow it. What she didn't know however was that they all were like this and they all broke down eventually.

Quote:word count 730/10000

Time passes in the room with nothing to show if it was day, night, or even if the outside world had ended since she had been stuffed in it. And the only way she could have any decent way of telling time was her stomach and the three meals they slid into her room via a small hatch , and even those blurred together in her foggy and unfocused mind. The few times she tried to talk to any of the other patients as she had come to call them.They however had failed to respond most of the time, empty husks of what once was a mentally sound person.

The problems started to arise when they found out she had run away from home of her own volition and had lived in a forest alone for most of her life. The mind reader that had found her brightest dream was assigned to giving her help, and so they would oblige.

Marisa had a faint idea something was off when they took her a different way than her normal schedule. Those internal warning sirens grew when she entered a plush and comfy room that reminded her of the Scarlet Devil Mansion’s rooms, except it was brighter and less red. “Come sit and we can get started Ms. Kirisame.” The voice was neutral as they sat in an expensive looking leather chair.

Marisa tentatively stepped across the clean carpet as she looked towards the doctor quiet wondering if she had done anything wrong. “A-am i in trouble?” Her foggy mind couldn’t comprehend what if anything she had done wrong and she was shaking visibly under the person’s stare.

A short shake of the head with a “No, you aren’t here because you are in trouble.” gave the witch some hope as she relaxed some. The man continued to speak. “No you are here because while we were doing stuff with you we came across some things that had happened when you were a child. And Keller has given the green light to help make sure these issues are dealt with.”

The man would give a slight smile as he picked up the report he personally had started for her. “Now what do you want to talk about?” Marisa gave a confused look towards the psychologist as her mind started to roar with much needed activity even with her mind clouded.

“I can talk about anything?” The black and white witch asked with an excitement that only grew larger with the nod from the Psychiatrist.

“I don’t see why not.” The man wanted the woman to get talking and lower her guard around him so he could ask the big questions.

With an enthusiastic nod Marisa started with a question. “Well what is your name?” The man nodded a simple question, likely something to test the waters. Even in her less than completely mentally active state this person was still wary, they would do her well with what Keller had planned for her.

“My name is Jackson. It’s nice to meet you Ms. Kirisame. I assume you’re time here has been fairly satisfactory?” He kept a calm and friendly demeanor as she poured some water for himself.

After a few moments the witch replied as she sunk into her chair. “It’s been boring. Some books would be nice.” Her clipped tone showed she was hiding more than she was willing to admit.

Jackson smirked continuing with the topic on books. “Any genres you like Ms. Kirisame? Mystery perhaps, or maybe a good adventure novel?”

“Oh, I don't have much in the way of preference.” She didn’t know how much she wanted to say to him and yet this she was having a conversation. One that didn’t involve the other person not speaking or just grunting and it; well it felt nice to have a conversation where she was being treated somewhat like a normal human being for once.

Drinking from his glass before setting it on the table Jackson stood up before walking towards his bookshelf. Looking through his fairly extensive library he stopped on a hardback and pulled it out gently before walking to the witch and holding the book out. “I think you might enjoy this book. All I ask is that you keep this book in good condition while it’s in your care.”

Marisa felt her mouth turned upwards ever so slightly against her better judgement as she took the book from his grip. Looking at the cover she saw the title Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. And began to read it curled up in the chair.

Quote:word count is 766 and total word count is 1496/10000

Marisa looked at the chessboard and was wondering how Jackson had out maneuvered her so efficiently. A light chuckle could be heard across the chess board as another piece moved into place. “And I believe that is checkmate once again.” Looking with wide eyes the witch did indeed see she had been defeated again.

“How? How has this happened so many times?” The girl racked her mind to try and figure out what went wrong and why.

“You need to learn patience and when to strike Ms. Kirisame.” Jackson in a tone a teacher would use with a student. “You like to rush down your opponents but as you can see, your defensive game is weak, allowing me should I get past your offensive to smash whatever remaining defenses are left and give me the win. A castle does no good if it isn’t protected so to speak.”

Marisa shook her head having a completely different idea on how combat should be done. “Firepower is everything. If you pound the enemy into submission quickly and efficiently you will have no need for strong defenses. Speed is the name of the game.” The witch would say with a neutral voice as the man nodded in response.

“I can understand where you are coming from but how many fights have you won?” He said simply drinking some coffee much to the annoyance of his patient.

“That’s a low blow and you know it. I might not have won an actual fight here but i was going up against people like Yuuka, who back home is highly dangerous.” She exclaimed with an annoyed expression while her stomach throbbed from being punched through like a piece of paper. “She’s honestly terrifying when you get her mad enough i tell you! Besides I didn’t have all my magic I had back home.”

Nodding the psychologist set down his coffee cup, then began setting his side up again and motioning Marisa to do the same with her side. Once both players were ready another game had begun and for once Marisa was beginning to connect to someone.

Her mind was slightly clearer here in this room. Not enough to make any complex plans of escape if she wanted too mind you but enough to give a decent conversation. And it helped heal her wounds as a child.

Quote:Word count 1887/10000, 391 words

-STATUS UPDATE-
-CAPTAIN’S EYES ONLY- 

Subject Kennedy:  Deceased. Estimated revival time - 2 days
Reclamation team preparations complete. Ready to be deployed.

Subject Hokori:  On leave. No complications expected.
Tracking device fully functional. Audio recorder fully functional. 

Subject Cerberus:  Stasis.
No change in vitals.

Subject Atlas:  Test completed. 9% performance increase.
Stabilization of power at 84%. Technicians request the use of Gaia platform for…

Subject Marisa:  Reprogramming in progress.
Requesting additional input.

Subject Koal:  Test successful. Recovery time - 5 days
Structure bonded without issue. Estimated destructive output increased 400%.

Subject Frank:  Stasis.
No change in vitals.

Subject Davids:  Deployed to tier 7. Under monitoring.
Minor lacerations detected. No further complications.

Subject Maverick:  Solitary Confinement.

Subject:  Marisa Kirisame

Report by Commander Mathews-
The initial complications we encountered during the early days of the procedure have only magnified with continued use of current methods. Where most primes we have had to reprogram needed to be weakened to a state of subservience, Marisa's vitals and in turn her brain patterns would turn completely hectic at the slightest application of our machines. Upon further inspection, we believe this to be the result of her below average constitution and have taken notes for future subjects.

A different tactic a handfull of our telepaths have suggested is providing much better results. Lieutenant Jackson has been assigned as a psychologist for the subject and is using her own natural brain patterns to plant the necessary hooks and pathways for reprogramming. As of this report, progress is advancing in leaps and bounds with completion expected before the weeks end. In addition, scans are indicating an affinity for the Lieutenant, no doubt arising from the more hands-on approach.

Recommend Lieutenant Jackson be given direct command of the subject as her handler.

End of report.

Message to Commander Mathews:
Your recommendation appears sound. Ensure the Lieutenant is adequately prepared as soon as possible and keep a close watch on the subject's scans. 

Keep up the good work, Commander.
-Captain Michael Keller
In battle it is important to keep a sharp blade

But it is by far more important to keep a sharp mind.

Marisa laid against the bed flipping through the pages of the book while deep in thought mulling over her time in Nippur. She cared for the common person in the city that wasn’t something she was arguing but she knew primes could do amazing things creating things out of nothing so why did they do nothing to improve the dunes? She could tell from a glance they had the ability to do so if they put their minds to it yet they did nothing. It infuriated the simple hardworking human who had an equal chance to be a secondary as a prime yet was given this chance to become something more than she was.

Getting up and closing the book she started to pace around the Psychologists room muttering to herself in annoyance bouncing from topic to topic before heading back to her room unable to calm herself down in this state. Once back into her room and with less mental capabilities she simply sat down looking towards the ceiling with a blank look as one particularly strong memory was running through her head through the fog and fluff filling her head.

It wasn’t anything particularly special or unique being rather mundane in nature with a very young version of Marisa on the shoulder of her Master. The two were out late looking up towards the stars with Mima teaching her charge the stars and constellations.

The vengeful spirit pointed to one very specific star before speaking. “Polaris, or the North Star, if you ever need guidance just think of this star and you’ll find your way in this unforgiving world, my little witch.” Marisa nodded in response as she raised a tiny hand towards the sky to try and hold the star.

“Lady Mima?” The young child said as she reached for the stars. A hum could be heard from the Spirit before she responded to the trainee.

“Yes, Marisa?” The spirit asked simply as they turned to look towards the child.

“Once I become as amazing as you, will i be able to reach the stars and touch them with my hands?” The child asked with wonder in their eyes much to the amusement of her guardian.

Finally after a few seconds of thought Mima responded with an answer. “Not only will you be able to reach the stars, you’ll be able to turn things into gold, and so much more with my tutelage nothing will be entirely out of your reach my young apprentice, but only if you put your mind and body to it young one.”

A yawn could be heard from the young witch as she rubbed her eyes mumbling out a response. “Mmmm, not tired.” 

“Alright then, we’ll keep on talking about the constellations, Ursa Major is right there.” The spirit pointed to a group of stars as the two talked the night away. The memory fades into the background with a melancholy sigh from the witch who simply looked at the pages of the book blankly.

Meanwhile the psychologist was preparing something for the witch. Everything was working towards one very intricate goal and the wrong moment could undo days and weeks of work. The consequences if Marisa were to retract back into her mind were too great. 

Finally, with a few keystrokes of their keyboard finished up the planning part of the plan to push Marisa in the direction Keller wanted. All that was left was to put the plan into action.

Quote:word count 2467/10000

Marisa walked into the office and sat down as her handler finished up his report on his various patients. “Ah Marisa it’s good to see you again, please sit down and if you are alright with it i’d like to talk about something that is pertinent to you.” The man said with a calm voice while he pulled out a folder and opened it before grabbing and pulling out a thick report, and setting it down all the while staring at Marisa.

“You want to atone for your crimes, correct Ms. Kirisame?” The tone from Jackson went from being warm and calm to being a cold, hard, neutral tone waiting for an answer from the Japanese woman.

Marisa grew silent as her mind started to freak out at the mere idea of dealing with her consequences. The Witch was always one to run away from her problems and keep them in a dark corner and now she was cornered with her crimes surrounding her.

Jackson leaned forward with one hand on the desk while they motioned with the file in their other before speaking his voice always calm and collected but still having enough emotion to worry the witch who has only up to this point ever heard the man being completely calm and collected. “Do you want to atone for your crimes Marisa? Do you know how many people won’t have fathers and mothers returning to their wives and husbands?”

Marisa finally got her mental footing back and began to speak with a slight hint of fear in her voice, alongside a terrible urge to know just how many deaths she caused in her mayhem. “No… how many?”

Jackson sighed before he pulled out individual photos of each of the men and women who perished in the break in. “Forty families have lost a loved one for your actions, forty who will never return to their homes and meet their loved ones.”

“Let's watch the breach shall we Kirisame.” pulling up a dataverse device they pulled up the security footage, moving the footage to the moment the Master Spark bored into building like it was papier-mache and soon after the sounds of gunfire and magic filled the video clip occlud anything else out while Marisa simply stared at the screen with a blank look as she took in everything her wake of destruction caused.

Then she saw the fire fights where she gave no mercy to her opponents. When did her mental ideology change to kill anything in her path? She had stuck to the Spell Card rules as much as possible but here she was murdering guards who were trying to stop her from doing whatever she was their to do. “Why did I kill them…” The witch's voice was full of concern and confusion being unable to understand her actions.

“I never killed back home, i don’t understand why I would do such a thing. The Spellcard rules are a thing to keep unnecessary bloodshed to a minimum.” The Witches muttered to herself while she watched each death in full with a feeling of pure dread incessantly through her veins while the sound of screaming could be heard the sounds and fake smells burn a clear image in the woman's mind. 

“And that’s just short term losses Miss Kirisame. That technology you stole was going to help deal with the overpopulation that Coruscant faces on a day to day problem. But due to the loss of that equipment precious man hours and resources will have to be spent rebuilding the prototypes leading to a further loss of life.” Jackson said with a calm tone while the man shut down the video of Marisa’s attack on the laboratory's. The man then began to walk around the plush room with a glass of water taking a sip from the cup.

“But… why don’t you expand?” Came the naive reply from the magic user while she looked towards the psychologist with her hand cupping the cheek of her face.

Jackson gave a silent sigh before speaking. “The Empire is great in many respects and while some of the complaints against the government are honestly justified. It’s main problem is a cold war with Camelot, alongside a lack of funding for such a project and many other problems.”

“So there isn’t a way to make the Dunes a viable place to live?” Came the next response which caused Jackson to raise an eyebrow.

“Mind explaining more on what you mean, make the dunes a viable to live in?” The man was honestly intrigued by the question and wished to know more about this.

Marisa nodded before speaking honestly. “It wasn’t anything beyond an idea floating in my mind but with technology and magic working in tandem. I could see with enough testing and help from Nitori and any others I come across that the dunes could hold life once again. If this were to work there would be plenty of land to spread across and it would help deal with the food problem.”

Jackson grew quiet thinking the idea over. It wasn’t entirely out there the Lieutenant realized considering the Pale Moors had a similar thing in reverse from what they’ve heard about the verse. Though this would be the first time something like this would be embarked on. The repair of an entire verse was a large order still, and he was incredibly cautious about the whole ordeal but he thought it was possible.

Finally the psychologist spoke. “It is entirely possible that something like that could happen. But like i said before, the Empire has neither the resources nor the funds to allocate such a venture without a working prototype or data that says it would be widespread. If someone were to do such an idea they’d have to go it alone at the start before showing it to the government.”

Marisa nodded finding the answer she was looking for all the while picking up on the not so subtle cue from her handler. “So it’s possible, alright i think i understand a bit better, thanks for clearing that up for me.”
Jackson decided it would be a good idea to move into the next and final topic for the day they had. “Marisa since you’ve been a good patient, how would you like to leave the labs for a day?”

These words seemed to perk the prime up with a mixture of surprise and confusion. “Outside as in outside the labs?”

A nod came from the Lieutenant while they continued to explain the details. “Yes, you would be allowed to leave the Labs for a day though you would be with a couple guards and me of course. We would visit a few specific places and if we have any other time i don’t see why you couldn’t see some of the sights of Coruscant.”

“But what about Keller wouldn’t he be opposed to something like this?” This confused the witch greatly but Jackson had a reply already prepared for such a question.

“What Keller doesn’t know won’t hurt him.  This’ll be our dirty little secret, just between you and me. Unless of course you want to stay here in your cell.” This seemed to kill any further questions or complaints from the woman as she didn’t want to squander a perfectly good chance to leave the small room she called her home and see people besides Jackson who would talk to her.

“Good, you’ll have a fresh set of clothing to help let you blend into the crowds when we head out. Oh look at the time, we will have to continue this next time. As always it’s nice to talk to you Miss Kirisame.” Marisa looked over at the clock and saw that it was time to return to her cell. The sound of footsteps could be heard while Lieutenant Jackson sat down and began to write out a request for specific files on the Dunes.

Quote:Word count 3797/10000  words for the post: 1330