Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Open-M] Like a Needle in a Haystack

I defiantly would be hard to find here, that is until I can figure out where the hell I could settle this bounty on my head. The many strange creatures in this futuristic ginormous city. I summon a hoodie with a little concentration to hide my face. I got into what appeared to be a bar and sat in a far back booth. I thought about my old laptop from back at home and my phone converted to the same modle laptop I used to own. Off to the dataverse I surfed.
Tempest: I Think by far the best thing anyone has said to me is that: 
Quote:You should dream as if you were Immortal, but live as if you'll die today.

I just wish I could remember who told me it.

I really though I had been smart about this, I didn't think anyone knew that I was visiting here, and they sure wouldn't think that it was so I could find out how to hopefully figure out how to get rid of this bounty. Do I need to pay it off? Serve some time? if it was the latter then I might not be so willing to follow out with my plan.  I just sigh as I surf the dataverse. To be honest I do get sidetracked a bit and end up looking at some memes. Thank the gods they still had those in this 'onmiverse'. I regain my focus and think perhaps to post on the message board. I obviously have not been the only 'Prime' here to get a bounty. While this was a start, I also knew that i couldn't take everything said by respondents as fact. It wasn't like I had a better idea anyway. I'm given a drink even though I had not ordered. "Thank you kindly." I said as I post to the dataverse message board.
Quote:You should dream as if you were Immortal, but live as if you'll die today.

I click open the new message and would almost laugh if I hadn't realized that...well I wouldn't be that surprised if that is the way to remove my bounty. The plan might as well have been thrown out the window and crushed by a tractor trailer, and now being the intellect I am, has most likely screwed myself over by coming here now that I think about it. I sip the drink I had been given and gag a little. Alcohol. Literal poison. I swallow down what I had in my mouth, not wanting anymore after that. My situation seems to hit me and I look around at the patrons in the tavern. My breathing quickens and the stress causes a tear to form in my real eye. As strong as I was, there are stronger, as clever, there are more intelligent, as determined, there are more ruthless. Here I was, terrified out of my mind with no where to go, no one to trust. To put it simply: I knew I was going to die.

Stupid stupid you can't think like that! I shake my head and rise to my feet, exiting the tavern. I join the mass of people taking in the cities' beauty. I would avoid the sight of any Troopers, but I doubted anyone would be able to pick me out of the crowd. My laptop shrinks back down to a cell phone size and I take snapshots of what I like about the city. My mood had improved a bit as I walked around, thinking about something other than bounty hunters.

I am enjoying myself quite a bit as I took in the sights. Strangely enough my cell phone rings in my pocket and I take a different path to a side alley out of the view of any by passers. I answer the phone, the caller ID simply 'unknown' 

"Hello? who is this?" I ask 

"The question is who you are to me." I'm answered by a quiet normal sounding voice

"Well what am I to you?" 

"...Payday." 

"what do you me-" I am interrupted as a silenced shot from a rifle, piercing through my armored cloth and catching my shoulder on my left side. The pain was worse of that of the Troopers blaster rifles and I let out a loud yelp of pain and shock. 
"Low power mode deactivated. Normal functions activated"   went a neutral toned voice in my head. My body seemed to act without much thought and I sprinted down the alley, jumping dumpsters, wall running a section of a wall to grab onto a ledge and get up to the roof. Sure It was quite a clumsy climb that almost ended up with me splatting on the concrete below but I manage to get to the top of the building and spot the shooter from four buildings over. It was tough to make out features but whoever it was seemed to be loaded down with equipment. I quick draw my blade to deflect the next shot, which shoots off going stray off my blade. They seemed to be reloading, so I pointed my blade at the individual and a small cloud turns a dark storm grey. There is a flash of lightning after about seven seconds, and it deflects off my blade. The blast was deflected into the path of the Hunter and it makes direct contact with them. I see them fly back and slam against the door they had entered the roof of the building from. The door flies open and I assume they tumble down the stairs.  They had been loaded down and protected well so I wasn't too worried about their well being. They would live in short. I clamber back down from the building slowly and stumble over to one of the dumpsters I had jumped and I use my backpack as I pillow and I pull down a ripped section of rough cloth from the garbage to hide most my body from view. I have a hard time but eventually exhaustion forces my body to rest...

I awake from my dream and first thing I notice is that there was still a hornet sting like pain in my shoulder. I shift a little on the ground and yelp. That wasn't a blaster bolt, but an actual bullet. shit! I need to remove this thing. I thought but I had no means to do it for I didn't know what to summon. I was a mechanic, not a surgeon. I remove my top layers and rip a section of the cloth I used to sleep under and tied it around the wound area. There was a sliver and slightly multicolored glow wrapped the makeshift bandage, numbing the pain. I put back on my top and think to myself to try to develop some sort of plan, anything but what my dataverse answer suggested.