Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Character: Caleb-095

Just Caleb for the username, por favor.

CHARACTER NAME: Caleb-095
CHARACTER SOURCE: Halo Canon/OC-ish (In canon he wasn't captured by ONI)
CHARACTER HISTORY:
Born to farmers on May 16, 2511 in Newport on the planet of Luyten, Caleb was a quick-witted and intelligent young boy. He was one of 150 potential candidates for an ONI Super Soldier program, codenamed Spartan-II, and was unfortunate enough to be both selected for conscription and thus kidnapped at the young age of six years old from his family’s farmhouse. He was called upon to serve and give up all that came before. His family and his last name were inked out, replaced by a serial number and other frightened kids that came to be a family to him.

He went on to undergo grueling training, the likes of which would break normal soldiers. After being trained in a variety of topics such as tactics, strategy, CQC, guns, stealth, mechanics, and most importantly, loyalty above all. He was trained to kill, to erase insurrection within the UNSC.

On March 9, 2525, a little over two months before his 14th birthday, Caleb and the rest of the Spartan-II candidates were subjected to the experimental augmentation phase of the project. The process was gruesome, transforming the body into something beyond human, melded with cybernetics. Many did not survive. Of the original 76 that were conscripted, only 44 were successfully augmented. Caleb was not amongst that number.

It would be years later until he was rehabilitated, years into the Covenant invasion and massacre of the UEG’s outer colonies. When he was back on his feet and no longer confined to a wheelchair, he was eager to enter the fray. He was not assigned a fireteam like the other Spartans. Due to his late recovery and the speed at which the Covenant were glassing the outer colonies, he was instead assigned to a special warfare division responsible for striking into Occupied and Covenant territory to launch strikes independent of UNSC command. It was a perfect match for Caleb.

For over twenty years Caleb served with valor and distinction common to a Spartan: a kill count well into the hundreds, an impressively long list of achievements impossible to your average marine, and the respect – and sometimes fear – of those he served with. Most notable of his active service was his term aboard the UNSC Under Cover of Night, where he, alongside an entire company of ODSTs, frequently forayed into occupied and Covenant territory, performing raids, assassinations, and sabotage as best and as frequently as they could in an attempt to disrupt the enemy war effort and buy the UNSC time.

But all lives must end, and a Spartan, no matter how distinguished, is no different. Caleb shared the fate of almost all Spartans: fighting to the last on Reach. He fought during the entirety of the siege, eventually fighting alongside fellow Spartans in the final last-ditch efforts to protect the fortress world. He watched as Spartans fell around him, and the planet burned. He watched as the greatest of Humanity’s colonies was reduced to glass and ash. He fought to the last, even when there was no rescue, no backup. He held out for weeks until the invading Covenant decided to wipe him out utterly rather than waste a second longer on his futile resistance. They glassed him from low orbit.

Bathed in violet plasma turned to white, Caleb stood still as the world around him was washed away, his mind finally at peace. Within the blackness that soon followed as the light died away, a voice rung out to him as clear as day.

“My name is Omni.”

PERSONALITY:
Caleb was, as a child, intelligent, independent, and somewhat of an introvert. During and after his training as a Spartan, and his meritorious term of service, he gained a grim, dry sense of humor and a tenacity that never wavered. He is the quintessential lone wolf, cunning and resourceful. He is dedicated to a fault, and always prefers action to idleness, and swift decisiveness to thoughtful caution.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Image 1
Image 2
In his MJOLNIR armor, Caleb weighs in at nearly a ton and stands at 7 feet tall. Without it, he is still an impressive 6 foot 9, weighing in at 280 lbs, due to his augmentations. His armor is a customized green and steel blue colored Mark V MJOLNIR, including pieces of ODST armor taken from fallen comrades.

No one knows what he looks like under the helmet for certain as he is almost constantly wearing his armor. He has red hair, likely kept short, and green eyes. He is also likely pale-skinned due to practically living in his armor, and would also have scars travelling up his legs, arms, and torso from the Spartan augmentation process. All of this can be derived from his records.

STATS:
ATK: 3
DEF: 3
SPD: 2
TEC: 2

STARTING PROFICIENCIES:
Ranged Proficiency – 1000 OM
Physical Strength – 1000 OM
Area Attack Proficiency – 600 OM

STARTING POWERS:
Foresight – 1500 OM
Burst Movement – 800 OM
Super Jumping: Basic – 300 OM
Master Acrobat – 400 OM

STARTING MOVES:
Type-1 Energy Sword – 300 OM (Physical Strength)
• In its base, deactivated form, the Plasma Sword is little more than a hilt with a battery and two projectors. When activated, the plasma is shaped into two thin blades, curving around the hilt and forward, tapering off into two points with a gap down the middle. Measuring in at a length of 1.2 meters, a width of 45 centimeters, and a thickness of 9.3 centimeters. Being a blade of super heated gas and energy, it can effortlessly cut through thin obstacles and inflict serious burns alongside any deep gashes.

M392 DMR – 600 OM (Ranged Proficiency)
• The Designated Marksman Rifle is the result of a happy marriage between the utility of a mid-range battle rifle and the firepower of a long-range sniper rifle. Using armor-piercing rounds, the DMR can fire up to 1-3 rounds per second, depending on its firing mode, and is limited by its magazine capacity of 15 rounds, whereupon it takes a couple seconds to switch out to a new one. With single-fire mode for greater accuracy and 3-round burst for extra punch, the DMR is effective at mid and long-range engagements, but its semi-automatic nature limits it in close-quarters. All the same, it is a beloved weapon in the UNSC arsenal. The bullets this gun fires as standard are 7.62x51mm Full Metal Jacket rounds at high speeds. In essence, they are dense hunks of lead that don't expand after being fired and are specifically designed to puncture light cover, like doors and walls, and thin armor, like ballistic vests, not so much heavy power armor. It does not fragment, and has a high chance of punching through a lightly-armored or unarmored target completely, so where and what it hits is more important than the how.

M9 Frag Grenade – 300 OM (Ranged and Area Attack Proficiencies)
• The standard UNSC grenade, small but deadly. This frag grenade can be thrown a distance dependent on the user’s throwing arm, which for Cabel is in the range of 30-40 meters. After pressing the electronic pin, the grenade has a 2-second fuse time before it detonates, sending heated steel and composite metal shrapnel in a spherical radius of 15 meters, with its effectiveness dropping off after 9. For every engagement, he effectively has three on hand, after which it would take minutes to create replacements with concentration, in large part due to the complicated mixture of chemicals used for the explosive. Being closer to the center of that radius peppers any unfortunate victims with heated metal fragments that cut surprisingly deep and render light armor or cover ineffective while also having to deal with the explosion itself.

I confirm that I have read and agreed to the Rules of Conduct.

Where did you find us?
I live here.

If I did the math all right
Spent OM: 6,800
Total OM: 6,870.145

Sorry for the long wait, friend.

The only issue I am currently seeing is your moves lack damage descriptors. "Moderate", "Heavy"- Something indicating how powerful these attacks are to be interpreted.
[Image: source.gif]
"Centurion: I'll leave you to your work then Dust. Thanks for chatting!
Me: no problem. stay awesome!
Centurion: It's more of a passive ability"

Updated moves.

Sorry about the wait, Rain. I had to read this over again a few times as I got distracted over the last few days.

APPROVED~!
You know the drill.

Name: Caleb-095
Spent OM: 6800
Consumed OM: 0
Proficiencies (2600): Ranged Proficiency(1000 OM), Physical Strength(1000 OM), Area Attack Proficiency(600 OM)
Powers (3000/8000): Foresight(1500 OM), Burst Movement(800 OM), Super Jumping: Basic(300 OM), Master Acrobat(400 OM)
Moves (900): Type-1 Energy Sword(300 OM), M392 DMR(600 OM), M9 Frag Grenade(300 OM)
Super Moves (0):
Transformations (0):
Assists (0):
Items:
Artefacts:
Bases:
Unlocks (0):
Base stats:
ATK: 3
DEF: 3
SPD: 2
TEC: 2

I will be updating your OM shortly, and Daniel will need to change your name~
Welcome back!
[Image: source.gif]
"Centurion: I'll leave you to your work then Dust. Thanks for chatting!
Me: no problem. stay awesome!
Centurion: It's more of a passive ability"