Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NPC] [OMNIPAD] The Weakest Link: Envy

Link One: Joy

To whomsoever, it may concern,

I HATE everything and everyone hates me. I despise my best friend... She has everything I could ever ask for; endless potential, love, friends, and a promising future.

She is the sweetest thing on the planet; endearing, pure, selfless. It's easy to love her, anyone who has ever met her would feel protective of her. I am, least of all, any exception to this and for the longest time was even furious that anyone would try to take her attention from me even the littlest bit. She is my best friend after all, why should I share her with anyone?

And yet, she refuses to understand that it seems. She just lets whoever touch her; the affection is infinite. It's not like she doesn't deserve every bit of it, it bothers me that she gives anyone else the time of her day.

See, the thing is... Were basically the same person. I'm cute, but she's completely adorable. I'm smart, but she's intelligent. She lacks confidence in everything she does, and I am insecure. She's highly positive, kind, and encouraging; I wish people would stop being so disturbingly negative. She likes me and I love her. She will change the world.

Whenever she enters a room her fans and admirers perk up, and instantly the room comes alive.

I included.

I fall into the crowd with everyone else, trying to fight for her attention and becoming increasingly disappointed when I am not the center of her attention. Moreso than normal when it comes to me and the spotlight. I am typically hanging out on the edge of her bright world, in her shadow and waiting to be noticed. Not only by her but by the people that surround her. If I said something to her, of course, she will reply. Were friends, she'd never dream of hurting me.

For all our similarities though, were very different as well.

She has love... Even when I am surrounded by people I feel like a burden to them all. Probably because no one actively seeks me out unless they have something that only I can help with. Very few people have talked to me at all...

Joy did though...

~Envy

_____
[Image: tumblr_maolcpnQS61qakj1do1_500.gif]

Warning: Anything that involves Ash should be rated M. Possibly higher.

Erik Vrell: Ash has a 'love' fourth dimensional shape//As in its wide and unfathomable for us mere mortals

Centurion/Venom: Look, Lassie, you and your overrated succubus are gonna get stomped so hard Ash's morality is gonna mirror back again.

Link Two: Darkness

Dear Diary,

I can't help but think about Joy when I am sad. Actually, I think about her a lot.

Once in a while, I just lay in my bed and linger mentally. This is typical because I have nowhere to be, no one to call on, and nothing to do. Sometimes when my head isn't busy and all I have to do is think about my life and what its come to... Then I realize how little I matter to anyone.

I realized a long time ago that I am drawn to pure and innocent things. Partly because that's what everyone is attracted to. Snow for instance. It is gorgeous. It is also one of the purest things people think of when you say the word. The other reason though, I imagine, is because I want them. I want to be pure and innocent... I want to be viewed with admiration and desire.

I also like dark things. I think it is because I relate to it so easily. I have always been pushed deep down into the darkness. As if hiding me is the only solution people have. If you don't think about me then I don't exist.

Joy, however, thrives in the light and in the dark. Her perspective of the bleak and sad is... Skewed. She only knows what the surface of pain and suffering is. Honestly? I wish she didn't even know that. She is too good for that side of life, and I hate every little incident she experiences it. Every minor bad thing in her life, I wish I could take on myself.

Today I feel especially attracted to the darkness. I didn't even want to turn on the light in order to write this, but I am told that keeping a journal is supposed to help you in times like this. And even though all I feel is pain from being hated by everyone, I will continue to write.

~Envy

_____

Erik Vrell: Ash has a 'love' fourth dimensional shape//As in its wide and unfathomable for us mere mortals

Centurion/Venom: Look, Lassie, you and your overrated succubus are gonna get stomped so hard Ash's morality is gonna mirror back again.

Link Three: Hope

Dear Diary,

Joy got her partner today.

Everyone in this world has a partner, even me. Where Joy was so ecstatic about her partner that she had to come up and hug me before it was announced, mine was much more subtle.

At first, I tried to enjoy Misery's company, love him in all the ways that I thought I should. Eventually though... I found out that it was a one-way street and settled for just trying not to be in his way too much. Misery loves company, but it is often all about him. Especially how terrible everything is. To the point of how I just stopped trying with him.

I am used to being neglected, so I remain in his shadow as well. What little happiness I seem to bring to him he takes ungrateful advantage of. Eventually, we learned to just co-exist with one another. Frankly, I think he'd be better off without me like everyone else in my life...

Joy was not only happy about it, but she and Hope seem to be content with the arrangement.

Once again she gets a boon from the gods... I didn't say this to her face, but I don't think Hope is good enough for her. She wouldn't have listened to me anyway. I have no right talking to her about anything like that. Hope is dedicated to her though, she hasn't looked away from Joy once.

I didn't tell anyone as promised, and she looked especially happy when the announcement was made...

~Envy

_____