Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future plan and Moving forward

As you all know, Greg has made several posts on the site detailing his plan of moving forward. Unfortunately, this means we are losing the current form of the Omniverse.

This news is not new to the staff, we have known about this for several days.Greg has, graciously, made the content that he copyrighted open source. This means that the Staff and I have been able to workshop and discuss a plan to continue the Omniverse.

Before I get into our actual plan, I just want to take a minute to thank Greg.

He’s done an exceptional job at setting up the Omniverse and, while things may have become rocky or stressful during its time, I think the Omniverse has been a great place for people to gather and be a part of a great community. So thank you, Greg, for giving us this opportunity.

Now, on to the plan moving forward. 

For the better part of the last week, the staff have been discussing what we planned to do moving forward. Making a completely new site, using Greg’s content as a guide to create our own new world, while doable, wasn’t exactly our most feasible plan. It would have taken way too long, and we didn’t want to create a new world and make everyone start from complete Zero.

So then I proposed a sort of “Soft Reset”. This got everyone’s brains going and the more we thought about it, and discussed it, the more we liked it.

Now, before I move on, I acknowledge that not everyone is going to like this, and not everyone is going to want to stick around. I thank you for contributing to the Omniverse in the ways that you have (writing, world suggestions, rules suggestions, quests, etc.) and I understand your decisions. We are always willing to have you back if you want to return and write with us once more.

The omniverse has a lot of interesting History, and we thought we could use it. So here’s the plan.

The omniverse is going BACK IN TIME [cue back to the future music].

No seriously.

I always thought that the history of the Omniverse had a lot of interesting events that I had wanted to participate in. But we couldn’t. So the Staff and I looked through the history and decided on an appropriate place to reset the world state to.

Quote:Year 4:  A ‘second wave’ of primes appears over the course of two months, including: Baron Victor, Charles Xavier, Dredd, Masamune, and Kizaru, Andrew Ryan, Roland Deschain, Bruenor Battlehammer, Tsunade, Tyrande, Zul’jin, and Davy Jones.

Carrefore is established as the Empire begins wide-scaled mining and industrial operations in the Endless Dunes.  The Empire spreads and increasingly comes into conflict with Immortan Joe and his War Boys.

This is the start of year 4 of the Omniverse, we’ll be starting in between these two events. This is where the Omniverse will be resetting. Of course, there are a few things from the future that we want to keep, such as some factions and NPCs.

What does this mean for the world? Well, things are going to be a little different, We’re going back in time quite a bit. Some verses, that were turned into barren wastelands, will be full of life again. New site events will take place that push the Omniverse story ahead, events from the history will be turned into events that you can participate in. Ever wanted to participate in the Battle that sealed Diablo and the Underverse? Well, look forward to that at some point.

What does this mean for you and your characters? Well, mostly, some lost memories and a few fuzzy ones. We don’t want you to have to start over completely new, we’re not forcing everyone to start over from scratch, but we also don’t want people’s characters going;

“Hey, I’ve been here before, this is what’s going to happen. Suck it Nerds, I know the future!”

How are we handling the transition of characters, you ask?

Here’s the deal. We don’t want people to feel like they are being kicked in the teeth, but we also don’t want people to start off with a super massive head start. With that said, here’s what we’re moving forward with.

1 - You have the option to completely reset, if you’d like. Completely new character, starting at 5k OM, fresh start, blank slate.

2 - You can carry your character over, but with some memory problems. Your character will recognise the world, like they’ve been here before, but everything’s fuzzy and they can’t remember exact details or faces.

With this option, we will treat it like a character switch for all characters above 12KOM. However, if your OM would drop below the 12k mark because of a switch, you will just start with 12k OM instead. Characters that have OM counts under 12k OM can just be transferred over with no OM reductions at all.

3 - Option 3 is option 2, but you are actually switching characters.

It is up to the player to choose which option they would like to take.

Any questions can be asked in the discussion channel on discord, or in discord DM's.