Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event: Rage of the Rathalos

For the last few weeks, the outlying villages of Camelot have been under siege - not from bandits or soldiers, but a dragon. It will descend out of the blue, destroying houses and killing livestock, only to fly away before soldiers can arrive. Attempts to fight it so far have been futile, only resulting in more deaths. The realm needs defenders. And there is treasure waiting for those brave enough to challenge the monsters of the Omniverse ...

Rathalos
ATK: 7
DEF: 12
SPD: 5
TEC: 2

Proficiencies: Physical Strength, Ranged Proficiency, Debuff Proficiency, Area Attack Proficiency.
Powers: Super Speed, Flight, Master Acrobat.
Moves: Poison Talons, Poison Tail, Sharp Teeth, Sonic Scream, Fireball

The Rathalos is mostly what you would expect from a dragon. It is extremely aggressive, and quick to enrage. It will charge at hunters, attacking them with its talons and muscular tail. It can even simply pin them under its weight, where it will then attempt to eat them. It blows explosive fireballs with incredible destructive power, and can poison victims with its talons or tail-tip. It also has a roar that stuns those that hear it nearby.

When enraged (signified by fire constantly leaking from its mouth), it will attack much faster and with greater killing power. During this time is when most fatalities fighting Rathalos occur. Those with skill can exploit its mindless rage to knock it off balance, or let it tire itself out. When tired, the Rathalos will take flight, either to find food or to return to its lair to sleep. It is highly recommended for hunters to have some way to track a Rathalos, and a way to pursue it such as Pegasi. Be careful that your mounts do not become food, however, as Rathalos are known to love the flesh of other mythical beasts.

Rathian
ATK: 6
DEF: 8
SPD: 4
TEC: 2

Proficiencies: Physical Strength, Ranged Proficiency, Debuff Proficiency, Wide Proficiency.
Powers: Super Speed, Flight, Master Acrobat.
Moves: Poison Talons, Poison Tail, Sharp Teeth, Sonic Scream, Fireball

Rathians are less aggressive and more territorial than Rathalos. While not as powerful in physique, they are more patient and likely to try and poison opponents. They are also more likely to stay groundbound and conserve their energy than the hyper-aggressive Rathalos.

Start posting here whenever you're ready.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

Recommended watching :P That's actually the female Rathian, but they're similar. And it's entertaining!
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

Will definitely be posting for this.
[Image: illidansig2.jpg]

Either this weekend, or about midweek next week, I'll be joining in on the festivities with this. All so I can rub Link's nose in my awesomeness.

Double post, but whatevs!

You gonna be doing a better intro for this Hunt on the IC thread, or are we just gonna wing it?

I don't plan on doing any intro, I wanna leave it up to you guys to make your entrance etc, as well as whether you make it competitive or co-operative. I am of course on hand if you need ideas, and I'll be keeping an eye on things as they progress.

Now that Becca has posted, my next post will involve us learning of the dragon problem and heading out that way to deal with it. Huzzah!

I just went ahead and did a post. If it is unsatisfactory, I can change it. Otherwise, I thought it'd be fun to get this show on the road :)

If you need a point of reference for the creature in my next post, think of the hhhehehe lizard. At least for the face.
[Image: 0bwAI3j.jpg]

I'll write something up tonight. It'll involve the four of us meeting up, after I deal with the woman and kid. Should be nice.

I'm cool with you rping Samus but did you talk with Art?

As he was "entering the town" I was just gonna vaguely gloss over him being there while myself and you converse. However, I can leave him out, if he'd prefer. Also: I'll do this tomorrow. Keep getting caught up reading the SCP site...

I pledge to be in on this within four days.
[Image: proto.jpg][Image: DAHost.png]
Dante's Abyss 2015
Host

Apologies for holding up progress. I shall work on something now. I'm just gonna have it end with the implication that I saw folks after leaving the hut.

Ugh... just go ahead and stop waiting on me. When I'm able to post, I'll take into account any posts that happen in the interim. Apologies again.

Is this still open to new blood? Once I get approved it looks like something Harry would want to get in on.
[Image: u17lb3R.gif]

Yep, the rathalos itself hasn't appeared yet.

My night when I return from work cleared up.

I just posted the end to my Coruscant thread (everyone should read it, it's got robots and stuff), and I'm hoping to go home and post an intro to this before bedtime.
Dante's Abyss 2015
Host

I'm here.

Also, I win.
Dante's Abyss 2015
Host

Triple posttttt

I want to write tonight or tomorrow. Probably something short, with Proto Man just enjoying being in Camelot. It might end with him in the vicinity of everyone else.

That said, someone else should post. You scrubs. If I get there and have to introduce the dragon, I'mma slap faces.
Dante's Abyss 2015
Host