Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Question] Quick Questions Archive

Too afraid to make your own topic? No question is too small or inane!* Anyone can answer these.

For an official staff answer or bigger questions, make your own topic.

*I'll still beat you if you don't use the search function

Also, can we keep Non-Staff member replies to a maximum of two or three sentences? If you need more information, or you just wanna discuss something, then just create a Help Desk or Discussion thread for it.

There's no point in clogging the Quick Questions thread with long winded replies and discussions that could easily be in another thread. It makes it harder for members (new and old) to search for the answers they need.

Before Asking your questions take a look through the old Quick Questions thread. Chances are your question could have already been asked.

Don't forget about the search function!
Click Me
[Image: lIBxrEK.jpg?1]

Made by Ruby
"In order to save something dear, wars are waged."

Okay, this is the last DEF related question from me, I promise. :P

In the Rules it states that 4 DEF is like wearing armour all over, and I know that how characters look is purely RP Fodder, but lets say I was playing a knight, but didn't want to give him a helmet ... would I be allowed to have his face be normal-human-strength, or would I have to make his skin in that area also be as strong as steel?

I'm almost certain I shouldn't need to, but, well, better safe than sorry. Roll eyes
[Image: Remote_Sensor_Tower_and_the_Fire_Warriors_2.png]

Hideaki Yajima Wrote:Okay, this is the last DEF related question from me, I promise. :P

In the Rules it states that 4 DEF is like wearing armour all over, and I know that how characters look is purely RP Fodder, but lets say I was playing a knight, but didn't want to give him a helmet ... would I be allowed to have his face be normal-human-strength, or would I have to make his skin in that area also be as strong as steel?

I'm almost certain I shouldn't need to, but, well, better safe than sorry. Roll eyes

You can roleplay it like that. That's fine.
[Image: illidansig2.jpg]

Could a telepath prime able to peruse memories in detail and at length of another person use those memories as a means to specifically summon secondaries?

That would require a Move of some sort and a very high TEC score/difference in TEC score between the telepath and the person they are attempting to read. Obviously TEC scores wouldn't be a factor if said exchange was permitted by the person being read.

And only if those secondaries are from the telepathic primes' canon and/or insignificant characters.
[Image: proto.jpg][Image: DAHost.png]
Dante's Abyss 2015
Host

Quote:I know that if you travel far enough in any direction in a verse, you will eventually come up to an invisible barrier. Same concept going up/down? How far up can you go?

Putting this here in case it gets forgotten.
[Image: illidansig2.jpg]

How heavily guarded is Coruscant's nexus gate? Do we have to go through customs? Take our shoes off? Scanners?

Also this thread needs to be stickied/pinned

Ururu Kyuuei Wrote:How heavily guarded is Coruscant's nexus gate? Do we have to go through customs? Take our shoes off? Scanners?

Also this thread needs to be stickied/pinned
Scanners that preempt the need for taking off your shoes (because they actually work well), a shit ton of Troopers (who are not inept or unable to carry out their duties), and generally a decent and effectual security checkpoint.

Edit by Proto Man - It should be noted that refusal to be properly processed can easily warrant a bounty.
[Image: sig2.jpg]

Judgement Day is near, so i need some answers.

Can primes give secondaries their own weapons temporarily at the sacrifice of not being able to use it themselves or does that require a move?

In a group fight, can a character sacrifice themselves to take the hit from a super move for another? (prime for prime or prime for secondary, as secondary for prime would obviously by a super defense)

So, eventually does speed overcome vehicles? They can only go 60 or 80 MPH max right? but on speed desciptions, such as five "move faster than any known animal" with cheetahs in the mix you are basically running the same speed as the vehicle. Do vehicles become obsolete at that point?(sounds long but basically the same question)

Edited: Frog
All warfare is based on deception.
[Image: YhlX1uk.gif]  [Image: biuvYus.gif]  [Image: 291ztlc.png]  [Image: NGVMDdY.gif] [Image: VKKZgMO.gif]

Connor: It's fine. If you went through the gate, it's assumed that you went through the proper security scans unless you noted otherwise or did something to make them want to catch you. If you'd like to intentionally skip the scan or if you want to explicitly edit the scan in, post in the typo thread the blurb you want to add and it can be added for you. If it's easier, the post can also be deleted.

Demetri:
1) Story-wise there's no problem with it. Just know that they wouldn't be able to help in combat unless they were an assist (in which case they'd have access to your moves anyway, so that would also be fine).
2) If it's a competitive fight (graded or for a bounty), no. If it's a story thing and everyone (participants and judge) agrees with it I imagine it would be fine.
3) Yes, as you've noted you can outpace a vehicle at a certain SPD level. The advantage to a vehicle is that you wouldn't need to exhaust any energy. Running super-fast is pretty draining after a while.
[Image: mokugakure.png]
[Image: iVYCKow.jpg] 
[Image: HeroesGraveyard.png]

So I can use up to 22,000 OM for an NPC prime?
[Image: EfV1VTk.png]
[Image: AshenBlades.png]

Technically you can use more, it's just it's a level 5 limit, but the question you should be asking yourself is, do you need a level 5 NPC Prime?
Click Me

Made by Ruby

If you were trying to make a martial artist character and had, like, 5 TEC, would you be able to perform martial arts using just the normal Physical Strength proficiency?

And if not, would you be able to buy a martial art as a single 300 OM move ... or would you need to get each and every variation of every possible technique separately? Or maybe just one move that would cover all the different styles of throws, one for blocks, one for holds, etc.?
[Image: Remote_Sensor_Tower_and_the_Fire_Warriors_2.png]

Martial arts is one of those things that comes naturally with a character. Like... you wouldn't need to purchase a 'Turtle fighting Style' Move for Goku so he could use the fighting style he learned from Roshi. It's a fighting style, it's not really a move.

Of course, if you wanted to accurately represent specific fighting styles, you may want to purchase powers/ profs like master acrobat (just to help with that).
Click Me

Made by Ruby

Do I need to purchase a move to use disassemble, or can it be used once the power is purchased?
[Image: DarkshireDefenseBadge.png][Image: HerosGraveyardBadge.png][Image: DA15Badge.png]

Okor Wrote:Do I need to purchase a move to use disassemble, or can it be used once the power is purchased?

Maybe, maybe not. It would really depend on what your disassembled state is and how complex you want it to be.

If you're just melting into a pool of liquid Okor goop, than you're good.
Dante's Abyss 2015
Host

Proto Man Wrote:
Okor Wrote:Do I need to purchase a move to use disassemble, or can it be used once the power is purchased?

Maybe, maybe not. It would really depend on what your disassembled state is and how complex you want it to be.

If you're just melting into a pool of liquid Okor goop, than you're good.
I was thinking a swarm of maggots and insects.
[Image: DarkshireDefenseBadge.png][Image: HerosGraveyardBadge.png][Image: DA15Badge.png]

Then as a heads up, that would require you purchase Shapeshifting.
Dante's Abyss 2015
Host

Do vehicles count as assist?
Wins: 0 /Losses: 0/ Deaths: 0/ Official Fights: 0

not necesarily. Generally they count as a mount when travelling but usually can't be used in combat (without a certain move, alt-form, transformation, etc). You can have a vehicle as an assist I suppose, say if it were automated (think Knight rider or a transformed transformer).

Just my short two cents, im sure a staffer will elaborate upon this. 8-)