Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
NPC One Stop Shop

"What is this thread all about, Alex?  Do you sell biscuits at your shop?

Oh, silly Omniversian, this is only a metaphorical shop.

Before you go any further... please read the associated page in the Rules: NPC Rules.

This thread has three functions.

1. Submit an NPC Prime for Approval
  2. Submit an NPC (Non-Original) Secondary for Approval
  3. Receive Approval to use a Site NPC

"I have a prime I want to use as my villainous antagonist (lol, let's be honest, I just wanna grind for OM)... how do?" 

All right, so you have an NPC Prime idea... you gonna submit that here, using this thread.  

The process is very similar to submitting a new joining application.  So think back to your Joining process.  Following the same exact procedure, using the same, exact template.  You need a copy?  There's on in the spoiler tag -- make sure you look to see the two unique NPC questions

Code:
[b]NPC Name:[/b]

[b]NPC Source:[/b]

[b]Character history:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b] (originals only)

[b]Stats:[/b]
ATK:
DEF:
SPD:
TEC:

[b]Starting Proficiencies:[/b]

[b]Starting Powers:[/b]

[b]Starting Moves (*require pre-Approval unless basic*):[/b]

[b]Why does this character have to be a prime?[/b]

[b]What role do they play in your story?[/b]

[b]Are they an A, B, or C-Lister? (If you don't know what this means, you didn't read the manual) - if they are original, just put 'OC' here.[/b]

"Just like that?  Dats it?"

Remember that, much like joining, there may be a back and forth involved.  Your character may also be denied, especially if they are an A-Lister or that you might be trying to abuse something.  Some final memos on this process that you better read:

Note - Please post all submissions using the account you'll be using the character for.  This is to aid in record keeping.  Thank you.

Note - Unless you are a staff member, do not comment on player-made NPC submissions.  Do not.

Note - If you're NPC has 14,000 moves that are 3 paragraphs long, they will be denied.  Moves for NPCs must be approved before hand, with a link to the posts approving those Moves.  The exception is if all they are using are simple Moves like physical weapons and standard fire arms.

Final Heads Up - When a PC NPC prime is approved, you will (usually but not always due to backlogs) be notified via PM and the sheet will be sent into the PC Primes thread in the NPC Roster Category.

~~~

"What about Secondaries?  Do I need to get those approved?"

As part of the Recent updates to NPCs, everyone has an allowance of points you may 'spend' to have various Primes and Secondaries that are not OCs.

So... If you have a Secondary who is not an original character, you need to first have them approved here.  Since they are a secondary, we don't require full sheets, nor should you give them full sheets... they're a secondary, jeeze.  Just the information below.  They will then be moved over to the Approved Secondaries thread in the NPC forum.

Remember... this is just for secondaries that are not OCs.  If you want to roleplay with Joe the Magikoopa or random, street-urchin Pikachu, that's an OC.

Quote:NPC Name:
NPC Source:
A-, B-, or C-Lister?

If you would like, you may also include an image in Spoiler tags

~~~

"Do I need to do anything else once my NPC is approved?"

The stickies in the NPC Roster forum are mainly for staff book-keeping.  A lot of kind people put their 'supporting characters (ie - NPCs)' into their Rosters.  That way, people can get that information from clicking under your postbit instead of having to navigate to another forum.  You don't *have* to do that, but no one would complain if you did.

"What's all that talk about NPC points?"

As per the page on NPCs I linked you to earlier, everyone gets 'NPC points' equivalent to their character's level time 2.  So when you join, you have access to 2 points.

Quote:From the NPC Rules Page that you should have already read
A-Listers - A-listers cannot be claimed as NPCs without rarely-given staff permission. Cost 5 points.
B-Listers - Cost 2 points if part of your character's universe, 3 points otherwise.
C-Listers - Cost 1 point.

So when you start out, you can nab 2 C-Listers or 1 B-Lister from your own canon/universe.  As you level up, you may expand your supporting cast of non-original characters.

Note - All characters that are non-original require you to spend points.  This includes the following:  Assists and Force Primes.

"How are points tracked?  Me?  You?"

Currently, YOU are responsible for making sure you don't go over your limit on NPC points.  If you want to track this data in your Roster, that would be welcomed by staff, especially if you're the type of person with like, a bunch of non-original NPCs.

As a final note, please don't let us catch you using a non-original NPC (prime or secondary) that you haven't gotten approved.  It's not too hard to take the time to type up the approval form (especially for secondaries).  If we catch you (even if it's months after the fact), we reserve the right to bar you from having any more non-original NPCs.

"What if someone 'loans' me an NPC that's not original?"

As long as that person has gone through this process, you are fine to use that character.

However, if that person changes characters or goes inactive, you must either drop the NPC or take on their cost.  No loopholes.  If you are already maxed out on points, then gain a level.  No excuses.

~~~

"Super serious at the end there, Alex... but what if I just want to write with a Site NPC?" 

If you want to request use of a Site NPC, either to write yourself or with a staff or Story Guide helper, you may do so here.  You may be asked 'What will you use the character for?' and 'Why?'.  It's not an inquisition, just answer the question so we know ahead of time and can help you sort it out, okay?

"What if I just want to have someone 'dungeon master' a thread for me?"

In that case, your best bet is to create a thread in the Omniverse Discussion forum requesting that help with some details.  All staff members and several non-staff have access to the Storyteller account, which they can use to provide you with little twists to your plot (if you want that kind of guidance/help).  Just remember that staff tend to be busy with other stuff and story guides are (like your staff) volunteers.  If no one gets back to you, it doesn't mean they're ignoring you.  Remember that, as per the NPCs rules, you can always just ask a friend to write your antagonists for you in a worse-case scenario.

"Wow, you so helpful.  I should reread this entire thread, the NPC Rules page, and the whole gosh darn Rules manual to celebration just how much I know understand!"

It's always a great idea to read the Rules excessively!  The Omniverse is always evolving, just ask the Updates thread!

Any questions can be directed in the Quick Questions thread (read the OP) or as your own thread, if you don't think your question can be answered in one simple response.

Thank you and happy Omniverse'ing!

Just posting here for posterity. Utilising/reserving Shaiapouf from Hunter x Hunter as a Prime NPC who'll ultimately be one of Meruem's Force Primes.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Shaiapouf

Name: Shaiapouf
Level: 1
Spent OM: 0
Proficiencies (100); Physical Strength (100)
Powers (150/800); Telepathy (150)
Moves (0); Spiritual Message (0)
Super Moves (0);
Transformations (0);
Assists (0);
Items:
Artefacts:
Unlocks (0);
Base stats:
ATK: 2
DEF: 2
SPD: 2
TEC: 4

Moves:

Spiritual Message (Telepathy)
Shaiapouf's wings can disperse scales that have a hypnotic effect, allowing him to read an effected target's thoughts and emotions through telepathy. This follows the normal rules of the Telepathy power, and as such can be blocked by an opponent with higher TEC. (Telepathy fodder)

Against secondaries, Spiritual Message can be employed to suppress will and control minds. This takes an active degree of control, and cannot be used on more than five secondaries per Shaiapouf's level. This is essentially for low-tier secondaries only, such as soldiers and civilians, and can be overpowered by any with a stronger will or purpose (ie, any that belong to players, or forces). For now, it's just for fodder and how he'll gain followers.

C-List (Niche canon)
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

I just spent some time completely rehauling the OP for this thread.

With some luck, it should help de-mystify the recent tweaks to the NPC system and clarify some questions that I know some people have had.

I retained Omni's Shia Lebeouf NPC so we have it as a nice example when we roll out the Forces system.

Anything approved in this thread has been moved to its final destination. The Site NPC requests still exist, I just merged them into the previous version of this thread.

Under this account, I have utilized the following secondary NPCs, approved prior to the A/B/C-List system being implemented.

NPC Name: Jason Lee Scott
NPC Source: Power Rangers
C Lister?

NPC Name: Zack Taylor
C Lister?

NPC Name: Billy Cranston
C Lister?

NPC Name: Trini Kwan
C Lister?

NPC Name: Kimberly Hart
C Lister?

NPC Name: Tommy Oliver
B Lister?

NPC Name: Dulcea
C Lister

That sets me at 8/6 available points. How should I proceed?

Edit by Alex - Zedd was informed on 8-01 to not utilize the characters until he reaches level four.
[Image: zedd2018.png]

I think you're close to leveling up, so just keep the characters 'on ice' until you hit level 4.

@Asriel -- That's approved but only as a secondary

@Isabelle -- Wouldn't 't this put you over your point limit?

@Ash - This is good. But, just so you're aware, "metal prosthetic arm" isn't a move unless it does something, like shoot crash magic or something. So that would be 0, not 600 OM.

(08-11-2017, 06:31 AM)Alex Wrote: @Isabelle -- Wouldn't 't this put you over your point limit?

I thought that didn't count towards NPC Primes...
[Image: eTZZc0W.jpg]

(08-12-2017, 07:16 AM)Alex Wrote: It does. They include all nonplayer characters whether they are primes, secondaries, or Assists. This has been stated a few times now and is stated at least two times in this thread's recently updated OP.

Okay fine. What if I drop Wolf Link and Ribbot?
[Image: eTZZc0W.jpg]

(08-12-2017, 09:28 AM)Isabelle Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 07:16 AM)Alex Wrote: It does. They include all nonplayer characters whether they are primes, secondaries, or Assists. This has been stated a few times now and is stated at least two times in this thread's recently updated OP.

Okay fine. What if I drop Wolf Link and Ribbot?

Then you have the spare points and are good to go.

Would like to use Dumbledore for a thread. He's not gonna have a very big role, just occasionally appear every now and then in Dongja's quest.
[Image: 665000_mcninja_by_cavenglok-dch0qt5.jpg]
Odd hours. Call for appointment.

(08-18-2017, 03:47 PM)Ok Dongja Wrote: Would like to use Dumbledore for a thread. He's not gonna have a very big role, just occasionally appear every now and then in Dongja's quest.

Okay.
[Image: blink2k15.png]

@ Isabelle & Ash: Approved both of these, they're moved to the Primes list.

@ King Ghidorah: Approved as an Original NPC Prime.

@ Amber Veritz: Approved as a B-Lister NPC Prime.

@ Jak Mar: Approved as an Original NPC Prime.

@ Larfleeze: Both are approved as Secondary C-Listers.

@ Marcus Wright: Approved as a Secondary C-Lister.

@ Clownpiece: Hold up, I'll have to ask a higher-up, but I do agree that this is an A-Lister.

@ Dawnika Snow: Approved as B-Lister Secondary.

@ Yuuka Kazami: Approved as C-Lister Secondary.
[Image: hnc9xy5]
New to the Omniverse? Don't be afraid to PM me for assistance!
Gamzee Makara Wrote:S’aight. After all, dogs have a tendency to motherfuckin’ bite.

@ Clownpiece: Reimu Hakurei from Touhou Project approved as a B-List Secondary.
Gamzee Makara Wrote:S’aight. After all, dogs have a tendency to motherfuckin’ bite.

NPC Name: T-800/ T-RIP (Reprogrammed to protect The Avengers)

NPC Source: Terminator: Salvation

Character history: Reprogrammed by John Connor from 2018 on, This T-800 is based on a Au where he is sent into the Omniverse to protect Marcus and the Avengers. His primary is to make sure Avengers tower doesn't face threats while the Avengers are away.

Physical Description:https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/ter...2-800.jpg/
Stats:
ATK: 3
DEF:3
SPD:2
TEC:2

Starting Proficiencies:
Physical Proficiency, Ranged Proficiency, Homing Proficiency, Debuff Proficiency

Starting Powers: Super Speed – 1000 OM,
Hive Mind – 400 OM
Advanced Enhanced Senses – 1700 OM
Foresight – 1500 OM
Survival – 2000 OM

Starting Moves (*require pre-Approval unless basic*): Tier 1 Powered-Up Form – 15 stats total – 1 SP per post – 1000 OM
Attack: +5
Defense: +3
Spd: +3
Tech: +4

Why does this character have to be a prime? Protector of Marcus and the Avengers

What role do they play in your story? He is able to focus on doing his job while the Avengers are away, even if they get attacked.

Are they an A, B, or C-Lister? (If you don't know what this means, you didn't read the manual) - if they are original, just put 'OC' here. B Lister
[Image: marcus%20wright%20sig.png]

[Image: ytLTikp.png?1]

NPC Name: Ganondorf

NPC Source: Legend of Zelda

Character history: Ganondorf's history is pretty much exactly as per canon. When imprisoned by Link at the end of OoT, the Gerudo heard someone speak to him. The voice told him that it could release Ganondorf from his prison, and set him free in its world. Its Omniverse. Faced with endless imprisonment, Ganondorf gladly accepted.

He had been fairly active in the Omniverse, from partaking in the first Dante's Abyss, to building a fortress in the Endless Dunes (which has since fallen into ruin). No one has heard anything about the man since his Banishment following the events of the Great Nippur War. For the last couple years, he's been imprisoned within the Underverse, where the sinister air and long isolation has weakened him in some ways, while increasing his dark power in others.

Physical Description: He's Ganondorf, yo. Hyrule Warriors-style.

Stats:
ATK: 4
DEF: 4
SPD: 1

Starting Unlocks: (17000) Stat Upgrade I(1000), Stat Upgrade II(2000), Stat Upgrade III(4000), Power-Up Boost I(10000)

Starting Proficiencies: (2000) Physical Strength(1000), Ranged Proficiency(1000)

Starting Powers: (3100) Insight(1600), Foresight(1500)

Starting Moves (*require pre-Approval unless basic*): (2700)
Hellfire: (600) Summoning demonic energy from the very essence of his soul, Ganondorf can lob reddish-grey orbs of energy at his foes. While the blasts are neither stronger nor faster than a standard melee attack, the give the Demon King the ability to attack at range. Additionally, Ganondorf can create a nearly identical orb of energy that, rather than dispersing upon impact on a surface, will explode. This small explosion sends out a multitude of smaller orbs (about 10), which home in on an opponent. Each orb only does about 1/10th the damage of his standard Hellfire, and can be blocked normally without further separation. This version, however, requires a small “warm-up” period as their construction is more complex than a standard blast.

Gauntlets of the Demon King: (900) Don’t let their golden appearance fool you, these gauntlets are far stronger than any normal alloy. Typically used to block and deflect attacks when unarmed, these special armor pieces can even be used to repel ranged magical and non-magical Moves. If given the opportunity, the Demon King can even send these ranged attacks hurtling back towards their progenitor. Finally, by focusing his dark might, Ganondorf can erect a hellfire barrier around himself to block wider area attacks, though this is a far less effective defense than a point block or deflect.

Hellfire Strike: (300) The same energy Ganondorf uses to throw at his opponents can be used to augment his unarmed strikes. With but a thought, the Demon King can engulf his attacks with reddish-grey flame. While this roughly doubles his destructive force, it also requires a greater expenditure of his energy to execute. Hellfire Strikes are not limited to just his fists, as any part of his body that can be used to contact his opponents could potentially host Hellfire

The Swords of Demise: (300) The Swords of Demise are massive blade, with a wicked wave-like pattern along their double-edges. Easily 6 foot long, the dark metal weapon is useful for clearing swathes of enemies, or just a single stubborn one. All three blades can be used for defense as well, parrying or blocking attacks, much like Ganondorf’s Gauntlets.

Claws: (300) Ganon's claws, while not incredibly long (about shortsword length) are sharp enough to tears through steel.

Tusks: (300) The tusks sported by Ganon are as long as spears and far more deadly.

T1 + T2 Powered-Up Form: Ganon(2500)

A giant boar-like creature, Ganon is power incarnate. Few can stand against the mighty beast. It's approximately 3 meters tall at the shoulder when on all fours, and weighs a few tons.

ATK: 9/12
DEF: 6/9
SPD: 3/3
TEC: 1/1

Why does this character have to be a prime?
He was already a Prime. Just abandoned in the Underverse. Figured I'd try to drag him outta there with me, then enlist him as a Force Prime at a later date. I'd briing Gilgamesh with me too, but his player has yet to get back to me on it. And I'm nowhere near high enough in level for TWO A List NPCs. Placing him at around the level he was when I left off with him.

What role do they play in your story?
Ol' Ganny will be playing a "straight man" to Cell's antics, providing the plans for escaping the Underverse, and assisting in a couple side-quests.

Are they an A, B, or C-Lister? (If you don't know what this means, you didn't read the manual) - if they are original, just put 'OC' here.
A List, for realz. Hoping for an exception on this one, since he's my old character and I'd hate for him to be stuck in Hell forever.
[Image: Jacksig.png]

@ Marcus Wright: I'm sorry, but the reason you have given for this character to be an NPC Prime is not sufficient. It makes absolutely no logical sense for a Prime to appear and be programmed to defend the Avengers faction--- NPC Primes should have their own motivations independent of your main character.

Taken from the NPCs section of the Rules:

Quote:While we don't want to put too many limits on your creativity, NPCs are not there to give your character a game advantage. For example, you cannot create an NPC with a base and then use that base for yourself, circumventing the need to buy one. You cannot create artefacts to give to your NPCs. You cannot make them members of a Faction without approval or otherwise use them as a way to gain cheap influence or fame. If you have NPCs act as a 'deus ex machina' for your character in competitive situations, staff will step in to stop it. Etcetera.

You are, of course, welcome to simply make this character an Assist if you really want him to help you in combat, but T-800 cannot be a Prime without a better purpose.

@Cell

(08-29-2017, 04:16 PM)Cell Wrote: NPC Name: Ganondorf

NPC Source: Legend of Zelda

Character history: Ganondorf's history is pretty much exactly as per canon. When imprisoned by Link at the end of OoT, the Gerudo heard someone speak to him. The voice told him that it could release Ganondorf from his prison, and set him free in its world. Its Omniverse. Faced with endless imprisonment, Ganondorf gladly accepted.

He had been fairly active in the Omniverse, from partaking in the first Dante's Abyss, to building a fortress in the Endless Dunes (which has since fallen into ruin). No one has heard anything about the man since his Banishment following the events of the Great Nippur War. For the last couple years, he's been imprisoned within the Underverse, where the sinister air and long isolation has weakened him in some ways, while increasing his dark power in others.

Physical Description: He's Ganondorf, yo. Hyrule Warriors-style.

Stats:
ATK: 4
DEF: 4
SPD: 1

Starting Unlocks: (17000) Stat Upgrade I(1000), Stat Upgrade II(2000), Stat Upgrade III(4000), Power-Up Boost I(10000)

Starting Proficiencies: (2000) Physical Strength(1000), Ranged Proficiency(1000)

Starting Powers: (3100) Insight(1600), Foresight(1500)

Starting Moves (*require pre-Approval unless basic*): (2700)
Hellfire: (600) Summoning demonic energy from the very essence of his soul, Ganondorf can lob reddish-grey orbs of energy at his foes. While the blasts are neither stronger nor faster than a standard melee attack, the give the Demon King the ability to attack at range. Additionally, Ganondorf can create a nearly identical orb of energy that, rather than dispersing upon impact on a surface, will explode. This small explosion sends out a multitude of smaller orbs (about 10), which home in on an opponent. Each orb only does about 1/10th the damage of his standard Hellfire, and can be blocked normally without further separation. This version, however, requires a small “warm-up” period as their construction is more complex than a standard blast.

Gauntlets of the Demon King: (900) Don’t let their golden appearance fool you, these gauntlets are far stronger than any normal alloy. Typically used to block and deflect attacks when unarmed, these special armor pieces can even be used to repel ranged magical and non-magical Moves. If given the opportunity, the Demon King can even send these ranged attacks hurtling back towards their progenitor. Finally, by focusing his dark might, Ganondorf can erect a hellfire barrier around himself to block wider area attacks, though this is a far less effective defense than a point block or deflect.

Hellfire Strike: (300) The same energy Ganondorf uses to throw at his opponents can be used to augment his unarmed strikes. With but a thought, the Demon King can engulf his attacks with reddish-grey flame. While this roughly doubles his destructive force, it also requires a greater expenditure of his energy to execute. Hellfire Strikes are not limited to just his fists, as any part of his body that can be used to contact his opponents could potentially host Hellfire

The Swords of Demise: (300) The Swords of Demise are massive blade, with a wicked wave-like pattern along their double-edges. Easily 6 foot long, the dark metal weapon is useful for clearing swathes of enemies, or just a single stubborn one. All three blades can be used for defense as well, parrying or blocking attacks, much like Ganondorf’s Gauntlets.

Claws: (300) Ganon's claws, while not incredibly long (about shortsword length) are sharp enough to tears through steel.

Tusks: (300) The tusks sported by Ganon are as long as spears and far more deadly.

T1 + T2 Powered-Up Form: Ganon(2500)

A giant boar-like creature, Ganon is power incarnate. Few can stand against the mighty beast. It's approximately 3 meters tall at the shoulder when on all fours, and weighs a few tons.

ATK: 9/12
DEF: 6/9
SPD: 3/3
TEC: 1/1

Why does this character have to be a prime?
He was already a Prime. Just abandoned in the Underverse. Figured I'd try to drag him outta there with me, then enlist him as a Force Prime at a later date. I'd briing Gilgamesh with me too, but his player has yet to get back to me on it. And I'm nowhere near high enough in level for TWO A List NPCs. Placing him at around the level he was when I left off with him.

What role do they play in your story?
Ol' Ganny will be playing a "straight man" to Cell's antics, providing the plans for escaping the Underverse, and assisting in a couple side-quests.

Are they an A, B, or C-Lister? (If you don't know what this means, you didn't read the manual) - if they are original, just put 'OC' here.
A List, for realz. Hoping for an exception on this one, since he's my old character and I'd hate for him to be stuck in Hell forever.

Going to have to deny your request for Ganondorf. Despite him having been your old character, the reasons you've listed do not warrant an exception in this circumstance.
[Image: trixiesig2018.png]
[First Prime to Escape the Underverse]
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Perkins
warhamer 40k Astra millitarium
C lister, just a nameless character who sometimes appears in a satire blog
The soul of the Machine God surrounds thee. The power of the Machine God invests thee. The hate of the Machine God drives thee. The machine god endows thee with life. Live!

01001111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01110010 01110101 01110100 01101000 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00100000 01101111 01101110 01101100 01101001 01101110 01100101

(08-31-2017, 09:10 PM)13-Jzall Wrote: Perkins
warhamer 40k Astra millitarium
C lister, just a nameless character who sometimes appears in a satire blog

You're good.
[Image: trixiesig2018.png]
[First Prime to Escape the Underverse]
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

@ Blink: Just one thing-- in the history section, can you tell us where this Prime operates most commonly in the Omniverse/give us a brief run down of what's happened since he was summoned by Omni? It doesn't have to be anything hyper-specific, just something like "after wandering for a bit, he ended up in [blah blah verse]! Nice!"

@ Trixie: Approved as A-Lister!