Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Official Move Approval IV

Given that the previous topic is now at +70 pages and a bit cumbersome, we believe it is prudent to start a new topic.

Another helpful thread for moves is the Move Creation Workshop. Consider going there before trying to get your moves approved.

Please use the following guide from the Writing Moves section of the Moves Page when describing your move:

Quote:Don't just say "it's an energy ball". Say "it's a weak energy ball which can be used while moving". Let the reader know what it looks like, so they can write it out accurately. So "it's a weak, purple-hued energy ball which can be fired from the palm of the hand while moving". This is still pretty basic, but hopefully you get the idea. The more detail the better (though we don't necessarily need to know the story of how your character trained under robotic monks for twelve years to learn it; that's for your character history).

Here's an example list of things you should consider when writing a move. If you think one of these things is relevant to the move, and not obvious (we know swords can be used to swing and stab, and we know most guns can be shot while moving) then include the answer as part of your move description. It saves the staff a lot of time unnecessarily asking these same questions, and saves you from having to answer them.

• How powerful is it? Does it have a wide area of effect, or multiple projectiles? How big is the weapon? What size are the projectiles?
• *Is it instantaneous, or quick to use? Or is it slow?* (Almost instantaneous? A moment? Several seconds? Longer? Be specific.)
• Once activated, how fast does it travel? (Fast as a thrown ball or slower? Arrow? Bullet?)
• Is it difficult to aim? Must it be aimed at all?
• Can the user move around or do other things while using the move, or must they be stationary?
• Does the user have to keep their focus on the move, or is it 'fire and forget'?
• Does it have effects that linger after the user is no longer performing the move? If so, how long do they last?
• What does it look like? How is it performed? How does it feel to get hit with it?
• Is the move variable, or does it have a fixed method of use?

Additional Notes:

When describing how long effects linger we prefer to use literal timescales rather than "lasts x posts" or "lasts x rounds" because depending on writing style and word count, a single post might last thirty seconds in IC time, or several minutes.

When describing how powerful a move is, try not to use wording like "cuts through skin" or "breaks bones". This is because the damage of an attack may vary depending on your current transformed state, and your opponent's DEF stat in relation to your ATK. It's best to leave this somewhat vague.

Include which powers/proficiencies you think it needs and what price you think it merits (either 300 for a simple move or 600/900/1200 etc for variable moves).

To figure out what proficiencies you'll need to purchase a move, use this quick checklist:

Quote:Is it melee-based? If so, you'll need the Physical Strength proficiency.
Does it attack at range? If yes, you'll need the Ranged Proficiency.
Is the target area big enough to hit more than one target? Can it miss and still do damage from 'splash' damage? If yes, you'll need the Area Attack Proficiency.
Is it a shield which covers an entire person, or larger still? If so, you'll need the Area Shield Proficiency.
Can it be manually controlled by the user at range, like an appendage made out of an element? If yes, you'll need the Remote Control Proficiency.
Can it be manifested at range, like a wall of sand or a pillar of flame? If yes, you'll need the Ranged Materialize Proficiency.
Can it home in on an opponent without needing to be aimed? If yes, you'll need the Homing Proficiency.
Can it boost an ally's fighting abilities in some way? If yes, you'll need the Buff Proficiency.
Does it inflict lingering negative 'debuffs' on opponents, for example by slowing speed or interfering with their senses? If yes, you'll need the Debuff Proficiency.

The most moves you can get approved in advance is 5. This is so people don't just dump huge piles of moves to get priced and fixed up, creating lots of work for staff. If you want to get more moves approved, purchase some of the ones you already got approved. Staff may approve extra stuff for you, but have the right to refuse until you purchase moves.

DON'T BUMP YOUR MOVES UNLESS IT HAS BEEN 3 OOC DAYS WITHOUT STAFF INPUT. Especially if you're submitting some enormous wall of text or several moves at once.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

Some general guides and various examples and explanations that are too specific for the moves rules. This is intended to be eventually as complete a compendium as possible of different move examples and how they might be balanced. It's going to be worked on over time as I go through the quick questions thread and previous approved moves.

If a mod asks you a question about a move, that means you need to put that answer in the description somewhere.

Things that aren't really drawbacks
Cooldowns (simply not being able to use the move for another minute), locking other moves of your own, etc, are considered pretty minor drawbacks and aren't going to be enough to justify a move with massive power. You still need it to cause fatigue or be a large chargeup or whatever.

From the FAQ:
Q: Once initially summoned using omnilium, can a weapon such as a large hammer be summoned 'on the fly'?
A: Yes, as long as this is specified in the move description. You may even wish to add a certain amount of time it takes in order to summon the weapon, thus gaining a minor power boost in exchange for this downside.

Q: Can I boost my own stats with a buff move?
The intention of the buff proficiency is to allow you to buff OTHER players. Certain self-buffs are possible without even purchasing the buff proficiency. For example, you can power up a punch by giving it a greater windup or cooldown. However, simply powering up all of your attacks generally requires a Transformation. We will continually refer you back to transformations because that is what they were created for. We know they're more expensive than moves. That's the point.

Q: How do I create a move that dispels buffs?
We do things in realistic terms, not game terms, so 'dispelling a debuff' might simply be untangling someone from vines or melting ice. In some cases you'd need healing.

Q: If a sword blocks as well as attacks, does it cost 600 OM?
A: No, because it only has one 'form'. Such kinds of 'object' type moves can generally be purchased for 300 OM unless they transform.

Q: If I wish to dual wield an identical weapon such as dual daggers, do I need to purchase two moves?
A: No, 300 is fine for this.

EZ Move Template using the checklist:

• How powerful is it? Does it have a wide area of effect, or multiple projectiles? How big is the weapon? What size are the projectiles?
• *Is it instantaneous, or quick to use? Or is it slow?* (Almost instantaneous? A moment? Several seconds? Longer? Be specific.)
• Once activated, how fast does it travel? (Fast as a thrown ball or slower? Arrow? Bullet?)
• Is it difficult to aim? Must it be aimed at all?
• Can the user move around or do other things while using the move, or must they be stationary?
• Does the user have to keep their focus on the move, or is it 'fire and forget'?
• Does it have effects that linger after the user is no longer performing the move? If so, how long do they last?
• What does it look like? How is it performed? How does it feel to get hit with it?
• Is the move variable, or does it have a fixed method of use?

[Basic Move Overview - give a short opening sentence to describe what your move is overall]. It takes [x] seconds to charge/summon/equip [Delete if not applicable] which is done by [include visual description]. (If a ranged attack) It moves as fast as a thrown ball/slower than a thrown ball/bullet/arrow. It looks like [x]. It is quite/fairly/very easy/difficult to aim. It takes/does not take a great deal of focus to use this move, meaning that the user must be still/does not need to be still/moves slower and can/cannot use other moves at the same time. Once fired the user does/does not have to maintain their concentration on the attack. After use the user must rest for [x] seconds, during which time they can move/cannot move/can only move slowly, and attack/cannot attack.

Just an example. This would probably be pretty bad to use for moves generally, but it still has a lot of basic stuff that some people forget to include when applicable and we have to ask them for it.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

I feel like lately a lot of people (or perhaps just a few people, a lot) are trying to really push the limit as far as it goes in trying to get moves and assists without actually paying the price, either in terms of SP or OM. Let's make a few rulings absolutely clear:

1: remote control is your character remotely controlling something with their mind. They need to focus on doing this. It's not a way to have free assists.

2: 300 per use. Remote control does not allow you to get around this by saying everything the clone is doing is simply under the umbrella of "remote control". I'll classify punches, kicks and general melee attacks as one thing for the purpose of clarity. I'll classify attacking with the sword as another thing. I'll classify shooting with a bow as another thing.

3. Moves cannot have effects on the way other moves work. Such as "this move reduces the cooldown/charge time of my other moves". For example, making several attack moves. Then making another move which allows you to add a cooldown to all those other moves that make them stronger. If your move can operate in two different ways, it will cost 600 OM and it needs to be part of the move itself, not a vague attempt to bypass costs. The only exception is transformations, which work to make all your moves stronger at the cost of SP.

All moves must have downsides equivalent to the strength of the move. In most cases, the strength is directly correlated to the time it takes to perform the move and the energy cost.

Fresh thread. An in-thread version of Omni's Move FAQs and helpers are included in the original posts.
If you see me around and you got questions, just give a shout. I'm happy to assist.

Mark Wrote:[9:32:26 PM] Mark I.: Nuggets are serious McBusiness, Jade

Quote:[9:08:31 AM] Zack Fair: We have an OM addict on our hands, clearly.
[9:08:45 AM] Alexander Seifert (Proto Man/Shang Tsung): OM does sparkle like cocaine
[9:10:00 AM] Zack Fair: Yea totally. We have a horse snorting sparkling white orbs.
[9:10:22 AM] Zack Fair: Our world of limitless possibilities

Seismic slam- (requires: physical attack, area attack proficiency,Super jumping-Basic ,Lazarus' Blessing) 300 OM

While Lazarus' blessing is activated Red Hood leaps into the air and slams down hard to the ground. This damages opponents in a 10 foot radius. The closer to the initial impact the more damage is dealt. If standing on the farther end of the attack radius this merely pushes back foes slightly.
You can't stop crime. That's what you never understood. I'm controlling it. You wanna rule them by fear, but what do you do with the ones who aren't afraid? I'm doing what you won't, I'm taking them out.

With exception of the wand, all main text that's bolded are changes requested by Alex

Wand, Yew and Phoenix Feather 13-1/2“
Cost: 0 Om, Fodder
Requires: Wand Rules
This wand is a slender bleached bone-white shaft with pale-red swirl like striations running through it. With it a wizard casts their spells, or at least most of them. May be replaced or repaired in roughly four seconds. Unless otherwise stated in spells cast with this wand, charging for a spell does not impede movement or non-wand based actions but does require the requisite concentration and physical contact.

Arcane Storage Runes
Cost: 600 Om
Requires: Buff Proficiency, a Wand
Affected Wands: Yew and Phoenix Feather 13-1/2“
Affected Spells: Hearthfire Charm, Shield Charm
When placed on a wand, these runes allow the caster to start with and store up to twenty seconds of charging of raw magic within it that may be used to pre-charge a desired spell. However there is a caveat that to fully recharge the runes they must be completely discharged first. And once discharged the runes cannot be used to pre-charge a spell or spells until fully charged again.

Charging is further complicated by two facts, in that for every one second of charge, two seconds are required to charge it, and also that the effect is persistent in that summoning a new wand produces a wand of equal charge value as the previous. However refilling the runes does not need to happen all at once and may be done as time is available, nor does a spell need to use the Arcane Storage Runes as a power source.

Each affected wand counts as a separate pool of charged power. Conversely each affected spell draws power from the same pool of the wand they are cast from.

Shield Charm [Pretego]
Cost: 900
Requires: Area Shield Proficiency, Buff Proficiency, Ranged Proficiency
[Pretego Maximus], Empowered Form
With a twisting-jab motion and the requisite incantation verbal or non-verbal, the caster calls forth a blurring fast bolt of blue light that forms a shield at a set distance of their determining, attached to that space or whatever it impacts. This shield’s strength and shape is drawn innately from the amount of energy put forward to its charge time. Pretego ranges from a semi-spheroid to a full spheroid of protection. It has a minimum charge time of a second but can be drawn for up to a minute longer for dramatic effect in size, strength and duration.

Provided the caster actually charges it for more than three seconds the shield isn’t physically draining; however, summoning a shield within that three second period of time exacerbates the amount of stamina required exponentially. Furthermore once the charm is in place it doesn’t fade until a force actually acts in opposition to it and overpowers it or it’s otherwise eroded.

Finally, the Shield Charm is simply a hard spell to cast in that the quicker its incanted the more mentally taxing it becomes on top of its physical requirements. Unless its charged well above the ‘minimum’ charge time, Protego can and will wreak havoc on the mind of the caster, resulting in physical damage ranging from disorientation, nosebleeds and finally to split second blackouts.

Reactive Armor Charm [Reactivum Loricatus]
Cost: 600
Requires: Area Shield Proficiency, Buff Proficiency, Ranged Proficiency
The Reactive Armor Charm is marked by double slashing wand motions, a verbal or non-verbal incantation, and three seconds to a minute charge time. This results a pale vortex of sparkles that flashes outward to engulf a target. This charm once placed reinforces a thing, organism or surface with a garment of defensive magic, either layering itself over it or transforming the outer nature to be more resistant to damage.

From there the protective charm will linger until forcibly removed through damage or being eroded by some other means. While only draining in a minor way, repeated use of it within a short time can quickly take its toll. Furthermore, due to being an offshoot of the Shield Charm, quick and dirty spell casting is not recommended and it’s a surefire way to unhinge the mind starting at migraines and going downhill from there.

Fiendfyre Curse [Mortifer Infernum]
Cost: 1200 Om
Requires: Area Attack Proficiency, Area Shield Proficiency, Remote Control Proficiency
With a complex five point wand movement, a verbal only incantation, five seconds to an indefinite charge time, the user unleashes a Fiendfyre Curse from their wand. This sentient flame that builds into a mountain of fire based on the initial input, is shaped into mythical beasts that suit the caster’s mind and mood. Overall it is a dangerous, hard to control spell, requiring at least one free hand after being cast to manipulate and use effectively and nearly all of their concentration to keep it from going on an untargeted rampage.

Once unleashed the fire will maintain itself in idle mode as long as there is flammable fuel for it to spread to and consume. Note, idling is just that, it acts more or less like stylized fire and will not actively pursue the caster’s agenda but rather it is satisfied in consuming as much fuel as possible to maintain itself. Nor will it act in its own defense beyond eating anything in its wake, caster included. However once it’s being fed by the caster’s magic, the user may to assume and irect it to feed on anything it touches. This effectively allows it to act at both Attacking and Defending on its own behalf and others.

While the spell is easier to cast the longer its charged, it takes a toll on the caster physically regardless of the charge time. When the Fiendfyre is in play and until it’s destroyed or dismissed by the caster, their ATK for all other actions is reduced by a -1 with exception of the Fiendfyre itself.

Super Attack: Fiendfyre Rapier Conjuration [Ensis Umbraduro]
Cost: 600 Om
Requires: Physical Strength, Tier I Super Attack
By reincanting an already active Friendfyre Rapier Conjuration verbally and spending the appropriate amount of SP, the rapier for a short period of time, long enough to make a major attack, becomes infused with a heightened cutting power; able to pierce through any normal defense or block unless met with equal or higher level Super Move.
[Image: Slytherin.png]
Hogwarts
Founder, Deputy-Headmaster

Alex Wrote: Wrote:
Connor Hound Wrote: Wrote:Super-Shorty: 300 OM
Requires Ranged Prof.

[Image: 400px-Shorty3-1-.jpg] [Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6664&d=1313588055]

The Super-Shorty is based on a Mossberg 500 12-gauge shotgun that came from the factory with a pistol grip. The gun holds two 2-3/4" or 3” shells in the magazine, plus one in the chamber. The 16.5" overall length, 6.5" barrel and spring-locked foregrip, which pivots out of the way when not in use, make for a very compact package. As far as we know, this is the shortest 12-gauge pump shotgun available. He has a thigh holster for it as well.

Devastator Rounds
[Image: OATH_12ga_expanding_D6A1893web-660x660-300x300.jpg]
1.25oz 1600fps all-copper slug designed to expand to an incredible  2.5″ and penetrate just enough to punch through a hostile human with little energy left to harm anyone downrange. Upon impact, this all-brass (except for the 40 grain copper expander die) projectile breaks up into half-dozen 158 grain sharp triangular pieces, each spreading about 15 degrees to the side of the initial direction. Penetration is likewise limited to the depth of a rib cage, producing very good stopping effect without over penetration.

Are the devestator rounds your default, bread and butter ammo? Are they special ammo? Also, bear in mind that this move ain't gonna be shreddin' through any primes ribcages but would obviously make anyone regret their decision immediately.

My bad I forgot to reword the move, but that's fine, also I will add in where Connor stores the gun, I should also note that he does not have any normal slug or spread rounds, so yes the Devastor Rounds are his default

Gigaton Hammer (Tier Two Supermove, requires Physical Proficiency, Debuff Proficiency, Area Attack Proficiency 800 OM)
[Image: latest?cb=20121013153054]
The massive maul entrusted to Okor by the Headmaster of the Institute is an impressive instrument of destruction. Weighing almost as much as a mortal man, the energies concentrated in its head add to its might, coruscating auras of entropy and hatred just barely visible to mortal eyes. With a haft nearly as tall as the Plague Marine (very nearly three meters), each swing of this mighty weapon brings ruin. While tiring, even for one of his stature, the exertion is most assuredly worth it. Each blow of this titanic weapon emits a mighty shockwave upon impact, the ruinous energies just barely contained within its prison of corroded iron flowing freely, shattering the earth and sapping the strength of all those who stand upon it. The ravaged area is roughly 3.5 meters in radius, centered upon the point of impact. If the hammer instead meets a prime during its deadly arc, aside from the obvious blunt force trauma that would result, their flesh ruptures and rots around the area of impact, leprous lesions spreading from Okor's attentions.
[Image: DarkshireDefenseBadge.png][Image: HerosGraveyardBadge.png][Image: DA15Badge.png]

Mako Shield (T1 Defensive Super – 600) Requires Area Shield Proficiency
Zack summons an aura of Mako energy, then hardens it around himself. This forms a temporary, crystalline-like light blue, transparent coat over his body. An attack with sufficient strength (T1 Super) will cause it to shatter like glass and dissipate into nothingness, and allow Zack to immediately continue fighting. Anything stronger will shatter the shield in the same way, but Zack would still take the additional damage. Creating the shield requires complete focus from Zack, preventing him from doing anything else while it is active. It is also taxing on his own energy, making it best utilized as a quick way to block powerful attacks.

Ultima Materia (T2 Offensive Super – 800) Requires Ranged Proficiency, Area Attack, Ranged Materialize
Zack holds a green, fist sized orb in one hand and channels his own energy into it. Over the next three seconds, the green Materia becomes a bright white, and emits a high pitched screeching noise. Zack then holds the Materia in the direction of his target, and it launches five light green sparks. Upon launching them, the Materia immediately reverts to its normal green color. On impact with the target, the sparks explode into a massive burst of pure green energy, covering a 15x15 foot area and utterly consuming everything inside the blast radius. The resulting explosion of energy lasts for approximately five seconds, after which it fades away into nothingness, leaving only the damage in its wake.

Wall Materia (T2 Defensive Super – 800) Requires Area Shield Proficiency, Ranged Materialize Proficiency
A fist sized, green orb that Zack carries on him. When he holds it out and summons the power contained within it, it forms a large, translucent wall capable of blocking many attacks. The wall is flat, and is seven feet tall and ten feet wide, and transparent with a green tint, so he can see through it. It only appears in the direction that Zack summons it in. It takes an immense amount of his own strength to summon the magical wall, meaning he must focus on it entirely and cannot sustain it indefinitely.

Somerled Murdoch Wrote: Violent Updraft (Area, Debuff, Advanced Super Jumping) (300): Somerled vaults into the air as high as he can, up to 30 meters, with a powerful, uplifting burst of wind. The vicious gust drags anyone within a 5 meter radius into the sky with him. Those immediately next to him are tossed as high as he jumps, and the further away someone is while staying within the effective range, the lower they are launched, down to a mere fraction of the height of his jump at 5 meters. While the wind can't outright harm anyone, the large height that the victim is dropped from does, and the tumultuous air prevents people from righting themselves, rendering even those who know how to fly vulnerable to it. Those who are skilled enough can stop their tumbling, though without a method to safely land, it won't make the inevitable crash any softer.
It's a very intense attack that can wear Somerled out quickly if he's not careful. He needs to concentrate for about two seconds, channeling the wind in preparation, if he's to jump safely. Otherwise, he can cast it much faster, in around a second or less, but then he is also tossed around by the turbulence.

So is this good to go?
Would I need to upgrade the move if I were to upgrade from Advanced to Master super jumping?
[Image: testclown.png]
Yuuka Kazami Wrote:Reimu comes back to make another pass at Meira and she just has an idiot neck child.
Credit to Yuuka for the sig

Editing Zul'gurand's axe, modifying it and increasing the price for 1200 to 900
Added text:

Raal can also use this axe in close combat as any other axe would be used. The weapon is not especially strong or damaging, even with Raal's magic humming through it, when used in this fashion, but its lightweight nature allows Raal to swing with it quickly and it's short length is an advantage in close combat.

Chaotic Energy Katana:   (Requires Physical Strength. 300.)

Lacking the talent to make a real light-saber,  Warren created the next best thing.  This 23 and 1/2 inch blade is made out of Glass but glass that has been specially altered so that the glass can channel plasma,  creating a blade that can glow with energy and clash with most weapons.  The sword takes about 2 seconds to turn on the plasma feature.  The sword is kept by Warren strapped across his back when not in use as that is where it charges namely in it's sheath.  This sword is a weapon that has been built by Warren for his own personal use.  Due to being made out of specially treated glass the sword weighs about six pounds easily.

Move: Lazarus Sniper Rifle (Requires Ranged Proficiency) Cost: 300 OM

Description: 

A reflection of Revan's personality and an extension of herself, this weapon is one of the few things she holds close to her heart. As an assassin, a sniper rifle is used on many occasions, in many different scenarios. The outcome is always the same: Someone dead. Funds Transferred. Job well done. The Lazarus sniper rifle is a powerful weapon, shooting a superheated tungsten projectile at hypersonic speeds. The clip holds nine rounds, and fires at a slow rate of one shot every 10 seconds. It takes about five seconds for Revan to reload the clip, and cock the rifle to put a bullet in the chamber. While it can be summoned on the fly, it takes 3-4 seconds for Revan to situate the rifle into a safe firing position. Revan cannot be moving while firing the weapon, or else it could seriously harm her.

Appearance: 

[Image: 837de306a6b441b000e2c02a74c824d8.jpg]

Bump!

(reposting this from the Move Approval III thread, so don't be surprised if you think you already saw it ^^)

Celestial Brush: Sprout (Requires Ranged Proficiency, Ranged Materialize Proficiency, possibly Remote Control Proficiency as well)
^ Would need confirmation on if Remote Control is needed for this, or Ranged + Ranged Materialize is sufficient, thanks!

The supposed cost would be 900? 600 for Vine + 300 for Lily.

Amaterasu uses the magic brush that is at the end of her hair, turning the very world before her into her canvas. The Celestial Brush: Sprout technique has two uses:

Vine: For this technique Amaterasu cannot be further away than ten meters from a solid surface, such as the ground or a wall, which she intends to target. By drawing a line from the ground to any location and saying "Hana saku" (japanese verb, meaning grow/sprout in reference to a plant) she causes a green vine to sprout from the surface she began to draw on, along the line that she drew. The maximum length of that vine is as high as Amaterasu can jump (Note: Amaterasu currently has Advanced Super Jumping, so that's 30m, and this can go up to 50m with Master level Super Jumping, with Flight not providing any greater bonus), and it grows at around a rate of 5 meters per second. After reaching its full growth the vine grows broader and rigid, turning into more of a beanstalk, and remains in place as a surface to stand on or climb. A maximum of two vines can be present at a time, if a third were to be drawn anywhere the oldest one would disappear in a lengthy puff of smoke. A single vine will remain in place for up to an hour. During the last 5-or-so minutes of its lifetime it rapidly whithers away and shrinks to nothingness.
If the Vine was grown on a surface that supports plant life (such as rich soil or mud, but not rocks, ice, sand or arid soil) and in a flora-friendly environment (the Underverse is an example of a hostile environment for this purpose), after having whithered away the vine may turn into a random piece of flora that grows in that area (such as a flower or a tree sapling), in an early state of growth, thereafter growing naturally. This is a cosmetic "aftereffect" that brings no advantage to any party.

The purpose of this Celestial Brush technique is mobility, not combat, and this becomes very appearant in a number of ways:

-The vines cannot physically injure a foe or break an object. If they encounter an obstacle in their growth they will grow around it instead.

-Any attack at the vine (or beanstalk, if it's fully grown) done with the intent on breaking it will instantly destroy it, causing it to disappear in a puff of smoke, whilst the attack itself isn't blocked or even slowed, making it useless as a shielding move, and fairly impractical to use in battle. Any stress placed on the vine that is not intended on breaking it (such as someone climbing it) will make it react like a regular plant in the same situation.

Upon casting Vine, the kanji 結 (musubu, tie (as in "tie something up")) also appears in the air above Amaterasu for around one second, this is a cosmetic effect that does not influence the move itself.

Water Lily: This variation of the technique can only be used up to 10m away from a body of water. By drawing a circle onto the water surface and saying "Riri" (japanese noun, meaning Lily) she makes a large Lily Pad appear on the water. It's around 3 meters across and rigid like a wooden board. Additionally it floats even in agitated water and will resurface if submerged. This can be used as a makeshift boat or stepping stone, and moved around by paddling or such. Up to two Lily Pads may be present at a time, if a third is summoned the oldest one will disappear in a puff of smoke. The same happens to a Lily Pad if it gets torn or broken. While not destroyed or otherwise broken, the Lily Pad will remain indefinitely until it is separated by 12 meters or more from Amaterasu for even just a moment, at which point it will disappear in a puff of smoke.
Upon casting Water Lily, the kanji 咲 (saki, bloom) also appears above the materializing Water Lily for around one second, this is a cosmetic effect that does not influence the move itself.
 [Image: Rnk00x5.gif] 
Amaterasu Doge Credit & Hugs to Ruby for the sign, and to Guu for the smileys! Amaterasu Doge

Hide your chicken nuggers, hide your heads, the Sundoge is coming and she'll hat everyone!
Quote:
PvP FLAG: RED
Please message me before you attack my character or assault my base! Thanks!
This signature is so overloaded...

Cross Block- 300 Om
Eon is proficient at wielding the Punisher Cross enough to use it as a shield. The width on either park of the cross is 1 1/2 feet. Eon wields it this way as either a Roman Soldier does a Tower Shield, or simply as cover. Eon's speed allows him to move the heavy weapon in a efficient manor but against extremely fast physical attacks, the weight makes it difficult to keep up with.

Shield of Faith – (Area Shield Proficiency 400) Tier 1 Super Move – 600 OM
Eon plants the Punisher Cross in front of him as cover. He turns the skull trigger in the middle to the left and the Punisher expands even further than when it is released from its wrappings. Covering an area of 15 sq ft directly in front of Eon. Eon can use this without planting it in the ground but if done this way, may result in knock back. Can block any Tier 1 Super Move.
PvP: Green
You can attack me, doesn't mean I won't High Tail It! HA!

One more. This one is an Item.

Scouter- 300 OM

Allows wearer to read OM levels (Omnillium #) of other Secondaries and Primes. NPC Secondaries and Primes will merely show up as either weak, tough or strong. Whereas PC Primes (or Secondaries) will have their total OM show to the wearer.

Basically "Don't mess with him, he's got 4 times the OM Levels you have" though OM levels do not decide outcomes of battles, they can decide whether the battle should be taken in the First Place.

(04-11-2016, 07:54 PM)Okor Wrote: Gigaton Hammer (Tier Two Supermove, requires Physical Proficiency, Debuff Proficiency, Area Attack Proficiency 800 OM)
[Image: latest?cb=20121013153054]
The massive maul entrusted to Okor by the Headmaster of the Institute is an impressive instrument of destruction. Weighing almost as much as a mortal man, the energies concentrated in its head add to its might, coruscating auras of entropy and hatred just barely visible to mortal eyes. With a haft nearly as tall as the Plague Marine (very nearly three meters), each swing of this mighty weapon brings ruin. While tiring, even for one of his stature, the exertion is most assuredly worth it. Each blow of this titanic weapon emits a mighty shockwave upon impact, the ruinous energies just barely contained within its prison of corroded iron flowing freely, shattering the earth and sapping the strength of all those who stand upon it. The ravaged area is roughly 3.5 meters in radius, centered upon the point of impact. If the hammer instead meets a prime during its deadly arc, aside from the obvious blunt force trauma that would result, their flesh ruptures and rots around the area of impact, leprous lesions spreading from Okor's attentions.

Bump!
[Image: DarkshireDefenseBadge.png][Image: HerosGraveyardBadge.png][Image: DA15Badge.png]

(04-14-2016, 03:05 PM)Eon Saverem Wrote: Cross Block- 300 Om
Eon is proficient at wielding the Punisher Cross enough to use it as a shield. The width on either park of the cross is 1 1/2 feet. Eon wields it this way as either a Roman Soldier does a Tower Shield, or simply as cover. Eon's speed allows him to move the heavy weapon in a efficient manor but against extremely fast physical attacks, the weight makes it difficult to keep up with.

Shield of Faith – (Area Shield Proficiency 400) Tier 1 Super Move – 600 OM
Eon plants the Punisher Cross in front of him as cover. He turns the skull trigger in the middle to the left and the Punisher expands even further than when it is released from its wrappings. Covering an area of 15 sq ft directly in front of Eon. Eon can use this without planting it in the ground but if done this way, may result in knock back. Can block any Tier 1 Super Move.

(note: I'm not move approval staff. This is just general advice that can be overruled by other staff)

You're going to need to add in the required proficiencies for your Cross Block move, which I suppose would be Area Shield. You might also want to mention that Shield of Faith is a Super Defense.
 [Image: Rnk00x5.gif] 
Amaterasu Doge Credit & Hugs to Ruby for the sign, and to Guu for the smileys! Amaterasu Doge

Hide your chicken nuggers, hide your heads, the Sundoge is coming and she'll hat everyone!
Quote:
PvP FLAG: RED
Please message me before you attack my character or assault my base! Thanks!
This signature is so overloaded...

(04-15-2016, 05:29 AM)Amaterasu Wrote:
(04-14-2016, 03:05 PM)Eon Saverem Wrote: Cross Block- 300 Om (*Area Shield Proficiency)

Shield of Faith – (Area Shield Proficiency 400) Tier 1 Super *Defense Move – 600 OM

(note: I'm not move approval staff. This is just general advice that can be overruled by other staff)

You're going to need to add in the required proficiencies for your Cross Block move, which I suppose would be Area Shield. You might also want to mention that Shield of Faith is a Super Defense.

*Made ammendments above!

Thank you! Amaterasu! I had thought that because the width was less than 3 ft I didn't need it. But just realized it was a 5+ ft object meaning it is larger than 3 ft. Much appreciated.