Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Updates

I've gone through and rewritten the introduction a few times since it was first posted, adding little bits, and I've just put in quite a few more details, so if you joined earlier than this post you might wanna check 'em out. That's all!
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

Added 'Super Moves' under 'Moves' to the roster template. Fixed 'Transformations' still being 'Power-Ups' under the de-annotated template.

Added 'explosive shield' and 'fouet' as a new examples on the Moves rules.

Lowered prices and updated descriptions for Master Acrobat and Elasticity. The double-jumping power of Master Acrobat is now part of Super Jumping.

Updated the stats page to better reflect things with the proficiencies system in place, and to roll some of the previous aspects of Master Acrobat into speed. It didn't make sense to me that someone with high speed wouldn't be able to say, run along walls a little way parkour style, and yet someone super slow could do it with the acrobat power. I think it's more natural this way.
Curious about me and the characters I play? See the 'Staff' page! See also the rosters for my characters Samus Aran or Enel if you'd like to see examples of well-formatted rosters. Hope you enjoy the Omniverse!

All verse descriptions completed, though I'll be adding to these over time.

All current topics in the NPCs forum have now been filled in. These will be added to over time.

The Moves page has been updated for greater clarity. It should now be easier to figure out what proficiencies you need. There is also now a section of things to consider when purchasing a move. I will likely add to this over time as I think of more stuff.

Additional information has been added to several NPCs relating to combat abilities and history.

The old profile link field underneath your avatar has been removed and updated with a prettier version. Please update your profiles. :)

A mod for steam profile has been added.

Proficiencies have been updated.

The Reflector and Homing proficiencies (800 and 500 OM, respectively) have been removed and added to the brand-new Lock-On Proficiency which costs 1200 OM. This move governs any move that does not require aiming, such as homing missiles, shields which reflect the attack back against the user, or moves which simply appear on the target like bindings.

Nyx and Nanoha will be given the option to respec with their current Earned OM, or simply keep the new Lock-On Proficiency.

The Disable and Impair proficiencies (each 800 OM) have been combined into the new Debilitate Proficiency which costs 1400 OM.

Nanoha, Whirda Windstrom and the Joker will be given the option to respec with their current Earned OM, or simply keep the Debilitate Proficiency.

If you want to respec, just post your new sheet in your purchases forum saying that you're taking the free respec.

Ganondorf (who already had both the Reflector and Homing proficiencies) and Thaal Sinestro (who already had both the Disable and Impair proficiencies) will have their sheets updated with their new Spent OM, which will be lower due to the new prices.

Basically it's just combining similar proficiencies so you won't need to buy several, which hopefully should mean less confusion. I've done my best to make this as simple and painless as possible, but obviously if you need any help just give me a shout. I'm updating sheets now so you won't have to do it yourself unless you want to take the respec.

Faux Fountain of Infinity has been removed, and the Reincarnation Point heading removed from the Roster Template. Remove it from your roster at your leisure.

I've gone through the entire rules forum today re-editing just to improve clarity where possible. Nothing major has been changed that I didn't note above, I figured I'd let everyone know since you might see some things you didn't before and be confused.

The vehicles canon has been updated to be somewhat less restrictive. Basic vehicles like horses and motorbikes can go between any verse. Full details:

Quote:
Vehicles
Vehicles are an oddity in the Omniverse. While not particularly expensive for Primes to summon, they tend to be limited by the type of verse you're in. In almost any verse, it is possible to summon horses and other living mounts, and small vehicles like motorcycles and hoverbikes. It's also possible almost anywhere to summon simple vehicles like wind-powered boats, horse-pulled carts and sand skiffs, although these usually cannot be transported between verses simply due to being too big to fit through gates. However, most of the time these vehicles are limited by speed, never going much faster than a horse at gallop. In Coruscant, it's possible to summon much faster bikes which can fly, as well as flying cars and transports. In Camelot alone it is possible to summon griffons, pegasi and other much faster flying creatures - likely due to the abundance of mages. Horseback is a very popular form of transport due to being able to take horses between any verse, as well as other beasts like camels, elephants, and lizards (the latter very popular in the Ash Lands).

The Elemental Powers category has been removed, all of these powers are no longer required to purchase Elemental-based moves. All affected players - Garona Halforcen, Whirda Windstrom, Mirai Trunks, Raze - have had their rosters and Spent OM updated.

For clarification, since this was brought up with me, no proficiency is needed to deflect projectiles inherently (this iffyness is one of the reasons Deflector Proficiency was scrapped), only Lock-On if you want to send something back to the attacker with certainty. It's possibly to deflect something back to the attacker without the Lock-On proficiency, but obviously takes either a lot of luck or skill.

Also, slightly more major note to put BEFORE that! :P

As Ganondorf has kindly offered to do weekly updates, we have now switched from Monthly Gains bonuses to Weekly! This means you'll get your sweet OM hit more frequently. Rules update to follow later, as I'm going out this moment.

For clarity's sake, Super Moves are now categorized as Offensive, Defensive or Utility - see Moves for the distinction. Quoth the Omni: "They are divided into three types - Offensive, Defensive, and Utility, and may only be categorized as one type. Offensive Super Moves are attacks. Defensive Super Moves block or dodge, and are best used to defend against Offensive Super Moves. Utility Super Moves are for special cases that do not fall into either of the above categories."

Further to this, Fight rules have been slightly clarified with the new terminology.

The Starting Fights segment has been added to the Fight Rules for greater clarity of the IC requirements for pursuing bounties, etc.

The cost of basic fusion has been increased from 800 to 1000. And the other levels have been bumped up 200 to match, the cost difference is still the same.

Line added to the rules on notoriety and bounties:

"When you get a bounty on your head due to high-profile actions such as escaping from prison or killing city officials in a high-profile area, you will be PMed by a staff member to notify you that if your character does not submit to the relevant authorities within 24 hours of the PM, a bounty will be placed. Depending on the circumstances you may be given a way out, for example by assisting that faction, but repeat offenders who are likely to be banished either way will simply have bounties placed upon them immediately."

This should help to mitigate drama in the future.

The Coruscant, Camelot, and Dataverse stickies have been updated with information about their libraries. NPC profiles to follow shortly. These updates courtesy of Nanoha.