Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
[Question] Quick and Easy Questions (please read the OP)

Too afraid to make your own topic? No question is too small or inane!*

For an official staff answer or bigger questions, make your own topic.  In a perfect world, you should use this thread to ask a simple question that can be answered in one post without the need for 2, 3, 4+ replies.  In that case, please make another thread with a [Question]

Anyone can answer these, just remember that staff responses supersede normal member.

Also, can we keep Non-Staff member replies to a maximum of two or three sentences? If you need more information, or you just wanna discuss something, then just create a Discussion thread or [Question] thread in the Help Desk for it.

There's no point in clogging the Quick Questions thread with long winded replies and discussions that could easily be in another thread. It makes it harder for members (new and old) to search for the answers they need.

*Note - Before asking your questions try searching through the rules and this forum for the response. A lot of non-overly specific questions have been asked multiple times in the sites history and can easily be answered with a quick search, either using this forum's search bar or google "Omniverse" + [Query].

If your character (prime) lost a limb, would it (very slowly) grow back without Healing?
[Image: illidansig2.jpg]

Can you make a assist stronger in a fight once you reach a certain level?

Like for example: Daxter is Level 2 right now, Can i improve him to a level 4 assist?
[Image: marcus%20wright%20sig.png]

[Image: ytLTikp.png?1]

(01-22-2017, 10:25 AM)Amaterasu Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 10:20 AM)Marcus Wright Wrote: Can you make a assist stronger in a fight once you reach a certain level?

Like for example: Daxter is Level 2 right now, Can i improve him to a level 4 assist?

I imagine that by Level you mean Tier? In which case the maximum is T3.

"Upgrading" an assist isn't possible, but you could just buy a higher tier of the same assist, and refund your lower-tier one if you want. Or you could buy a high-tier assist and, for fluff reasons, play them as being weaker than that (such as a T2 assist with 3/3/2/2 stats, who you play as having 1/1/1/1 stats for fluff).

Upgrading an Assist is actually possible under the same rules as Moves and Supers. You can just get the stat change re-approved and pay the difference.
Daniel Wrote:gonna milk the shit out of those milkies

Gildarts Wrote:Sorry if you got diabetes from this, and sorry again if you were offended by that comment because you do have diabetes.

Alex Wrote:clowns don't have marriage rights

I've read through the NPC rules thread but just wanted to be 100%: while I know we can rp as secondaries that are summoned by our primes, can we rp as a random secondary who has no connection to our character? Like if I wanted to tell a story of someone living in Coruscant, going about his life, etc.?
[Image: illidansig2.jpg]

You can. You only need permission to write stories if they involve NPC Primes, other player's Secondaries, or Site NPCs. Anything else is fair game.
PvP Flag: GREEN
I won't mind if you attack my character or base with little to no warning!

Can't find the actual ruling in the rules or a in a search (too many pages, please dont make me search):

Is it fine to take a canon prime from source when you have an original character, like mine? I know this is a repetitive question I just can't find the rules on this Psyduck
[Image: EfV1VTk.png]
[Image: AshenBlades.png]

I don't believe this is a situation we have in the existing rules, so for the time being, I'm going to go with a 'no' on this one while I mull it over with other powers-that-be.

For a Tier 2 power-up, Can i add a effect where Phazon mixes with Jak's eco in his body, and sort of makes his body stronger in either form (Light Jak or Dark Jak)?
[Image: oNAS6Nu.png]

[Image: Darkdata.png]Jak/Mar- Dynamite Kid/ DA 2018" (Translated text)[Image: hVDTXBF.gif](Thanks Ezzy!)

(01-29-2017, 06:32 PM)Jak Mar Wrote: For a Tier 2 power-up, Can i add a effect where Phazon mixes with Jak's eco in his body, and sort of makes his body stronger in either form (Light Jak or Dark Jak)?

You can have the description of the Power Up be whatever you want, but you'd need to buy each Power-Up separately unless there's no difference in stats and the Dark vs Light part is just cosmetic.

Gildarts Wrote:Sorry if you got diabetes from this, and sorry again if you were offended by that comment because you do have diabetes.

If a secondary summoned by my prime is for some reason killed, is it possible for them to resurrect the secondary or resummon them? I couldn't find any mentions of this Psyduck

(01-30-2017, 06:09 PM)Dawnika Snow Wrote: If a secondary summoned by my prime is for some reason killed, is it possible for them to resurrect the secondary or resummon them? I couldn't find any mentions of this Psyduck

Yes, but they would be your 'version' of them. Since you can't create something you know nothing about, the new version wouldn't have any knowledge or personality traits or whatever that your character doesn't know or hasn't experienced first-hand. Sorta like if your Prime had read some of a book back home and tried to summon the book, the unread parts would be blank.

(01-30-2017, 07:14 PM)Mark Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 06:09 PM)Dawnika Snow Wrote: If a secondary summoned by my prime is for some reason killed, is it possible for them to resurrect the secondary or resummon them? I couldn't find any mentions of this Psyduck

Yes, but they would be your 'version' of them. Since you can't create something you know nothing about, the new version wouldn't have any knowledge or personality traits or whatever that your character doesn't know or hasn't experienced first-hand. Sorta like if your Prime had read some of a book back home and tried to summon the book, the unread parts would be blank.

Yes I mentioned 'summoned by my prime' :P

(01-30-2017, 07:19 PM)Dawnika Snow Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 07:14 PM)Mark Wrote:

Yes I mentioned 'summoned by my prime' :P

Oh, derp. Read that wrong. That's fine to do.

But yeah, the point about knowing stuff still stands. Any time spent away from your Prime (if you guys split up or whatever) will be 'forgotten'. This also prevents you using them as expendable information gatherers.

So, I know that for us characters our stats can never be too disproportionate. I just want to know if we have to construct our NPCs under the same stat regulations.

A single stat cannot be more than half of the max stat points available. This rule includes NPCs

If I make a super move that changes my form momentarily(for the duration of the attack) will that require shapshifting? I'm gonna assume yes, but never hurts to check eh?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Yes

Would it be possible to write a move that would be able to "combo" with another Prime's moves, and would that require a buff proficiency? (i.e. Hiro attaches his explosive packets to another Prime's projectile, etc)
[Image: MZSDl2O.jpg]

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)