Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Mercer

Name: Alex Mercer
Spent OM: 5300
Consumed OM: 0
Proficiencies (1000): Physical Strength (1000)
Powers (3700/8000): Basic Regeneration (1800), Basic Super Jumping (300), Insight (1600)
Moves (600): Claws (300), Hammerfist (300)
Super Moves (0):
Transformations (0):
Assists (0):
Items:
Artefacts:
Bases:
Unlocks (0):
Base stats:
ATK: 4
DEF: 3
SPD: 2
TEC: 1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stats 
ATTACK 4
Mercer is known for his brutality in combat. Codename Zeus quickly gained a reputation for leaving few alive, often dicing or squishing corpses beyond recognition... if he did not outright eat them.

DEFENSE 3
Killing Mercer was always an issue. Combined with his Survival powers in the previous life, he could take quite the beating, including numerous bullets to what should be vital organs.

SPEED 2
While not quite as fast as he once was, his speed is nothing to sneeze at. He is capable of out pacing the average human.

TECHNIQUE 1
Many would thank their lucky stars Mercer was not a martial artist before his infection, or there would be nothing that could stop him. Not that much could before, but at least his attacks are borderline wild, favoring raw power over pinpoint accuracy.

Powers
Basic Super Jumping
At one time, Mercer was capable of jumping skyscrapers in a single bound. Post-Omniverse, he is merely limited to 30 meter buildings.

Basic Regeneration
His body is not entirely biomass anymore, but it still functions similarly, with wounds stitching close noticeably faster than humans. This is nothing compared to what he could do before the Omniverse, but its something.

Moves
[Image: 200?cb=20110628152018]
Claws: Alex shifts the biomass in one of his hands into a four-digit blade like structure. The change effects his entire arm, taking on a wicked, sickly black form. The transformation takes three seconds, but is not fatiguing in itself and he can move about normally during this time. The claws are fast and agile, requiring minor fatigue to use, making them his go-to weapon. They don't fair well against higher defense, and are more meant for minor slashing damage, perfect against unarmored targets.

[Image: 250?cb=20110629034200]
Hammerfist: This huge mother of trucks has no license plate. It takes three seconds to transform an arm into this dense, massive glob of biomass. During the change, and while he lugs this weight around he is slightly slowed due to its sheer weight. The fist is a bit larger than a basketball at the base with a thickness that extends up to the elbow. The mutation transforms up to the shoulder into a thick, macabre looking black biomass. Wielding the Hammerfist is unruly and slow, but it packs a mighty punch. Victims caught in this clobbering hammer are dealt moderate bludgeoning damage and knocked back up to ten feet from the force.

Consume: No crime if there isn't a body right? After landing the final blow, Alex will reach out with twisted, brackish tentacles of biomass and pull his victim into himself, converting their biomass to his own. When he consumes a recently deceased corpse, he gains their memories which come to him in painful flashes. 
Consumed Victims:
Biker NPC
Farmer Family
  • Badrun, brother of Gudrun the Huntsmaster
  • Wife
  • Daughter
  • Son

DX-1120 Infection: Those infected by the DX-1120 strand of the Blacklight virus are given abilities similar to that of the Prototype. They usually develop a mutation similar to the Prototype, though mutating into and out of the form takes longer, since the host is not a Biomass construct, as the Prototype is. The host experiences increased physical abilities, as well as a heightened metabolism, which increases healing. Mercer is capable of inflicting this upon Secondaries at will. This strand is also known as the Super-Soldier or Evolutionary strand, as there are no normally associated negative side effects, such as hunger for living flesh or infectiousness - though this strand is hereditary.
Infected Secondaries.
Pale Moors
Jacob - Claws

Personality
Perhaps as a result of his difficult childhood, Alex is a cold individual, both paranoid and borderline sociopathic. Most notably, prior to his human death at Penn Station, he released the deadly Blacklight virus simply to spite those who denied him information. His motivations and plans are utterly personal and he rarely takes human cost into account, being able to murder scores of humans without remorse or hesitation.

However, Alex is not completely heartless; he deeply trusts and cares for his younger sister Dana, having been the only real paternal figure for her, and had what can be assumed to be a loving relationship with Karen Parker.

Before his death, Alex was a contrast of what Prototype showed. He was positive, and full of life and often played games with his sister Dana, showing a close bond between the two. However, when Dana betrays Alex at the end of the game, she says "the Alex I knew died a long time ago". Alex was hurt, but then said "I'm beyond life and death".

History
Alexander "Alex" J. Mercer, also known as The Prototype or by his codename Zeus, was the former head researcher of the Blacklight project at Gentek. After learning that those affiliated with the project were being systematically murdered, Mercer attempted to flee the city with a sample of his research contained in a vial. Cornered at Penn Station, Mercer smashed the vial and unleashed the deadly virus into the surroundings. This triggered a viral outbreak that eventually covered all of Manhattan Island.

After awaking at a Gentek facility with no recollection of his past, Alex Mercer escaped the building, and soon discovered his new powers and abilities, granted by the virus he unleashed. He began to utilize his powers to learn more of his fragmented past, as he scoured all of New York for those responsible.

Eventually he found out the truth. It was not pretty, and getting to it involved many deaths and included too many betrayals. It was his fault. Everything was because of something he could not remember, a man who lived before him. 

In the end, he "saved" Manhattan Island from a nuclear warhead by dropping it into the ocean instead. He washed ashore some time later as clumps of biomass. He only reformed into the body of Alex Mercer after consuming a crow that had tried to do the same to him.

Alex Mercer Wrote:"I looked for the truth. Found it. Didn't like it. Wish to hell I could forget it. Alex Mercer... This city suffered for his mistakes, for what he did at Penn Station. And whoever he was - that's a part of me. When I close my eyes, I see the memories of a thousand dead men, screaming as I take their lives. Moments I'll relive forever. What have I become? Something less than human. But also something more."